If you belong to Christ, you have the Paraclete

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Romans 8:

9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you.
i.e., the Paraclete

Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
If you do not have the Paraclete, you do not belong to Christ.

By contrapositive, we have:
If you belong to Christ, you have the Paraclete.

15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons,
i.e., the Paraclete

by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
The Paraclete is connected to my human spirit.

14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
If you have the Paraclete, you are a son of God. I can sense him in my spirit any time all the time.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:

i.e., the Paraclete

If you do not have the Paraclete, you do not belong to Christ.

By contrapositive, we have:
If you belong to Christ, you have the Paraclete.

i.e., the Paraclete

The Paraclete is connected to my human spirit.

If you have the Paraclete, you are a son of God. I can sense him in my spirit any time all the time.
I would point out, by personal experience, that we can know God and even experience some of His righteousness without being fully indwelt by the Spirit. This was the case with Apollos, who had been preaching Jesus and yet without knowing the Lord more fully.

If we are to serve the Lord, we must let Him live within us. And that is by committing ourselves completely to Him as Lord, allowing His Spirit to dominate in our inner being. As you said, His Spirit must join with our spirit.

Reactions: Nancy