Spirit Power: A Neglected Basic of Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch doesn't believe. I do, but I didn't want to rub it in that the gifts of the Spirit are alive and well on planet earth. How do you think 100% of my prayers are answered? Prophecy. I never pray for myself, unless He first tells me what to pray for, I repeat His words, and the prayer is answered miraculously. And prophecy is just the tip of the iceberg.

Mark 16:16-18
Good, I’ve got a piece of glass in the side of my right leg. It’s been irritating me for years. Go ahead and pray that out for me thanks in advance.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good, I’ve got a piece of glass in the side of my right leg. It’s been irritating me for years. Go ahead and pray that out for me thanks in advance.

Maybe you didn't understand how it works. If you were God I would obey and it would be done. But my relationship with God is for me to wait until He speaks FIRST, then I obey, for whatever He wants me to pray for. In California at Jack Hayford's church we had prayer circles where we shared our requests and then everyone would pick up and pray for that person, and the next person would take the next request. I always took the last request to wait on the Lord. And right on time, I repeated what He told me and by the next week I was getting praise reports that the prayer was answered. I remember one was a runaway girl that came home that week.

Develop your own relationship with God and ask Him for the gift of prophecy so you can hear His voice. But you must be in complete obedience to Him and be pleasing in His sight. I don't have to ask forgiveness, because the Spirit keeps me from sinning in the first place, and I have learned to yield. I have also learned to be content with what I have. But if something happens and I am upset He intervenes and leads me step by step. That happened when I heard something attack my next door neighbors dog, and she wound up with a broken back and her back two legs were paralyzed. I cried all day, and then God had me pray for the dog. I went over and put my hand on the base of her back where she had no feeling or movement and commanded the spine and nerves to be healed in Jesus name. By the next day she was walking on all fours.

John 15:7 explains it better.
7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

What Jesus is saying if you abide in Me, and the spoken words I speak to you abide in you, you shall repeat my words and they shall be done for you.

You see the word for "word" is RHEMA. The specific spoken word.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Many people out there that have very little faith. They need some miraculous event they can observe with their eyes, but we don’t walk by sight, but faith.
For all those seeking a sign, let this be a sign as to who you are with your walk in Christ.

John 6:28-30 KJV
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? [29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. [30] They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

Tecarta Bible
No sign just believe

Can you make up your mind what you believe?

You've said people need a sign, but acknowledge we walk by faith so don't need signs.

Then you said stupid things like 'just believe.'

Christianity is based on historical facts.
Jesus really lived, was excuted, burried and rose from the dead.
You will struggle to find historians who dispute or question the first 3 facts, most acknowledge the 4th, that Jesus was burried. They all prefer not to answer about the resurection.

May I refer you to the coldcasechristianity web site, where an xdetective applies his detective skills to the bible.

His conclusion is that the gospels are reliable eyewitness accounts.
Do you believe Waqshington crossed the potomac? why, because of historical accounts well you have accurate historical accounts that tell us about Jesus.

Read, learn, understand and as a result believe so you can say why you believe.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Paul had such a powerful anointing on him that when he prayed over handkerchiefs the people would take them to the sick and even demon possessed and then would be healed and set free.

So, what of the three thousand believers who scattered across the roman world gosiping and living out the gospel.
They turned an Empire upside down and if we had the same conviction we would turn our world upside down.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You've said people need a sign, but acknowledge we walk by faith so don't need signs.

If you can edit out the above, your post wont sound like a pompous unbeliever, devoid of the Spirit wrote it. We are all here to grow, as I know my earliest posts are different, but now show, I have grown past the the mistakes I wrote. If you edit out your lack of love, I'll erase this post.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes IOam pompous and often arogant.
I firmly believe stupidity like ' only believe' or 'just have faith' should be banned from every Christians mind tongue or thought process.
We believe becausewe have a reason to believe, no matter how smal that reason is.
It is never, ever just about belief or faith.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes IOam pompous and often arogant.
I firmly believe stupidity like ' only believe' or 'just have faith' should be banned from every Christians mind tongue or thought process.
We believe becausewe have a reason to believe, no matter how smal that reason is.
It is never, ever just about belief or faith.

But nobody is going to look to someone like you for truth. If you don't act like Jesus, you lose all credibility that you even know Him. Just edit that post against my friend.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what of the three thousand believers who scattered across the roman world gosiping and living out the gospel.
They turned an Empire upside down and if we had the same conviction we would turn our world upside down.
Hard to answer this because I don't see how it applies to what I shared

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Christianity is based on historical facts.
Jesus really lived, was excuted, burried and rose from the dead.
You will struggle to find historians who dispute or question the first 3 facts, most acknowledge the 4th, that Jesus was burried. They all prefer not to answer about the resurection.

May I refer you to the coldcasechristianity web site, where an xdetective applies his detective skills to the bible.

His conclusion is that the gospels are reliable eyewitness accounts.
Do you believe Waqshington crossed the potomac? why, because of historical accounts well you have accurate historical accounts that tell us about Jesus.

Read, learn, understand and as a result believe so you can say why you believe.
Ok, thanks for your testimony.