Spiritual authority?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. What gets tricky in my mind is when religious men begin to beat their servants.
That is a sign of someone who is a wolf in sheep's clothing. A real shepherd doesn't have to abuse his sheep. Such abusive men did not receive any authority from Jesus.

By their fruits, you can tell them.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Under the headship of Christ there is no male or female, there is only Christ.
Most of your comments in this thread are actually misapplications of Scripture and anarchistic -- not Christian. So either you have not properly and thoroughly examined the concept of biblical delegated authority, or you know what the Bible says but refuse to submit to its authority. In any event, you one-lines are neither helpful nor satisfactory.

Let's take the quotation which you have made, which is only partially accurate (since there is no mention of headship below). Here is what the Bible says: For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. (Gal 3:26-28)

What is this passage teaching? That God is no respecter of persons, and that all the children of God are on the same level within the Body of Christ. God does not play favorites.

Does this in any way contradict what God has said about authority within the home and the church? Absolutely not. God does not contradict Himself, therefore even though all are children of God, all do not have the same function, and all do not have the same authority. Therefore there are specific instructions regarding this.

Reactions: Butterfly

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of your comments in this thread are actually misapplications of Scripture and anarchistic -- not Christian. So either you have not properly and thoroughly examined the concept of biblical delegated authority, or you know what the Bible says but refuse to submit to its authority. In any event, you one-lines are neither helpful nor satisfactory.

Let's take the quotation which you have made, which is only partially accurate (since there is no mention of headship below). Here is what the Bible says: For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. (Gal 3:26-28)

What is this passage teaching? That God is no respecter of persons, and that all the children of God are on the same level within the Body of Christ. God does not play favorites.

Does this in any way contradict what God has said about authority within the home and the church? Absolutely not. God does not contradict Himself, therefore even though all are children of God, all do not have the same function, and all do not have the same authority. Therefore there are specific instructions regarding this.
Hey I get it, some men like to polish the brass.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brother Paul says women should be silent in the church, ask your husbands at home?
Could Paul just be asserting that no man is to have spiritual authority over another mans wife?

I would ask....WHY did Paul say that?

Church was a NEW Concept, where by Men, Woman, and even Children could attend.

So WHAT was the OLD and familiar Concept with the Jews and with the Gentiles?

Gentiles seem to have gathered to their Kings and Statues as their gods.

Jews gathered to their Temples to the House of their God. All Jews? No, only the Men.

NEW concept for Jews and Gentiles...
Church...A place to gather and;
1) Hear about God and His Word, Called Jesus, called TRUTH of God, called Christ, God with us.
2) a place to pray and praise and worship God and His Word.

OLD rules and common sense Apply for the Church.
Who can Hear if multiple people are Talking?

Why were women Told the Rules To be quiet IN Church? Because SINCE women were ALLOWED to ATTEND Church, they must therefore KNOW the rules (protocol).

Men had practiced the (protocol) of attending Temple for years. Their protocal was NOT UNLIKE that of Women in a Church. Men also were to SIT SILENT and HEAR what was being Spoken by men WHO COULD READ and often took turns READING Scripture for MEN TO HEAR.

And Forward "those" men, as head of their household, would TELL their household what "they" had Heard.

The OLD concept is the same, whether it be a Temple, Synagog, Church. Men, women, children are to be Silent, SO THEY MAY "HEAR" which Word of God, is being Said.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would make an interesting discussion all by itself - so men are not decieved as much as women , that has given me a laugh this morning, and they look at everything analytically, and not emotionally - could you relay that to some of the men on this forum !!
Rita
The problem with such a discussion would be the same as in many others we have, and have had here. Anyone, male or female in the flesh, can be walking in delusion, so they are believing that they are right, same as any who really are right in the eyes of God. Who is not walking in delusion? The ones who really are following the lead of the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, [nearly?] everybody does sometimes quench the Holy Spirit throwing them off the right pathway at least in part some of the time.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's an advantage women have, generally speaking. They can be better at spotting things that make other people unhappy. Some men can be too cold.
Very early in my marriage after we had begun to serve God together [1976], I learned that God would often speak directly to my wife about things I also needed to know, but was unable to hear myself. This has almost always held true throughout our marriage. Is this not being a 'helpmeet'?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very early in my marriage after we had begun to serve God together [1976], I learned that God would often speak directly to my wife about things I also needed to know, but was unable to hear myself. This has almost always held true throughout our marriage. Is this not being a 'helpmeet'?
I would say she is one of your greatest assets.

Reactions: amadeus