Spiritual etymology

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Blessings in Christ Jesus lforrest! I personally do not choose to be spiritual, I am just one with The Lord. I know the answer you are looking for can be found in a writing by watchman nee. I could have brought it here for your answer but I decided not to. And this is the reason why. One day at work I was talking to a coworker who happened to be a minister. And he asked me if I wanted to read this book he had in his hand. It was a book by watchman nee. And I told him I did not want to read that book because The Lord was not in it. I think he got a little offended and he said, Are you saying that watchman nee is not a Christian? And I said, I did not say that, I said that The Lord is not in that book, but I have a book that The Lord is in. And that I do read. I know this answer will not be popular, but I did read the answer to your question and I did not find wisdom in it. The Lord is so much more than that, and not in that book. Being soulish brings glory to self and being spiritual brings Glory to God. I can only bring Glory to God no matter what condition I am in. Blessings.
Thank you for the reply GTW27

Watchman nee did bring a good parable to light, which concerns this John 12:24: "Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." This points to mortification of the flesh, which I had been thinking about today.

So to take a shot at answering my question: people choose this world and temporary things over the Kingdom and righteousness.

I was aiming at finding a answer to why some believe a certain doctrine, which deceives with an underlying assumption about what a loving God wouldn't do. And determine how that doctrine appeals to the soulishness of the outer man. One could assume it is the flesh trying to save itself, by diminishing the consequences of sin, but it seems a bit far fetched to apply agency to the flesh.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply GTW27

Watchman nee did bring a good parable to light, which concerns this John 12:24: "Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds." This points to mortification of the flesh, which I had been thinking about today.

So to take a shot at answering my question: people choose this world and temporary things over the Kingdom and righteousness.

I was aiming at finding a answer to why some believe a certain doctrine, which deceives with an underlying assumption about what a loving God wouldn't do. And determine how that doctrine appeals to the soulishness of the outer man. One could assume it is the flesh trying to save itself, by diminishing the consequences of sin, but it seems a bit far fetched to apply agency to the flesh.
Blessings in Christ lforrest! Picture for a moment a great city with high walls round about. It has a great door to enter in. The name of the city is the city of The Great King. There are many within the walls of the city. And they are all One with The King. They are all of one accord having the same mind as The King. Now outside the walls of The Great City, there are many that have not entered the City yet, or have refused to enter in. And some of these can only imagine what The Great King is like. And then there are some that spend all day telling others what the Great King is like, but have never met Him. What all that stand outside The Great City have in common is, they all have felt in their heart, the pull of the Great Door and yet they still stand outside. For had any of them acted upon that pull(drawing) and entered by The Great Door into The City of The Great King, then they too, would be One with The Great King and One with the others that are within The Great City. And once inside, they could see The Name that is upon the great Door. It is Jesus, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I have seen, and I have witnessed many who try to throw rocks over the walls of The Great City at The sons and daughters of The Great King but to no avail, as they understand the words of The great King when He says," Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

One can not expect to get figs from an apple tree, and yet this is not impossible, as all things are possible with The Lord.