Spiritual Experiences

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just thought of another time something out of the ordinary happened.

It was my day off work and I had decided to sit and read, but as soon as I sat down I felt a strong urge to go into town on the bus. And then I was told I was to 'give money to the children'. I got ready and went to the bus stop where there was a lady I'd never met before waiting and we got chatting. She said her bag was heavy because she was taking her collecting box to the church. So I put all the remaining cash in my purse into her box - it wasn't much but every little helps. Then I asked her what charity it was for and was amazed when she named some children's charity.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time I was preaching for our church to a lady with my wife and the missionaries. And I said "God can do no evil and Satan can do no good" and the Holy Spirit filled me with peace and love that lasted for hours confirming that statement. I later realized that the KJV was incorrect in it's interpretation that "God repented of the evil he thought to do" in Exodus 32:14.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One time I was preaching for our church to a lady with my wife and the missionaries. And I said "God can do no evil and Satan can do no good" and the Holy Spirit filled me with peace and love that lasted for hours confirming that statement. I later realized that the KJV was incorrect in it's interpretation that "God repented of the evil he thought to do" in Exodus 32:14.
The peace of God can't be explained in words to somebody who has never been privileged to feel it.

Reactions: Mantis and Angelina

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I started going to church I got pink eye really bad and my eyes sealed shut. Crusted over I got a healing blessing from the elders of the church. Afterward I knelt down to pray and was at my end as I didn't have medical insurance and no way else to get help. A vision of a lion with dark black eyes appeared and I began to cry and my eyes opened and the pink eye was healed.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The peace of God can't be explained in words to somebody who has never been privileged to feel it.
Sure it can it is a deep absence of all emotional and mental and physical and spiritual pain and turmoil. It is heavenly and feels holy and clean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelina and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A few years ago as was sitting quietly reading my bible I was struck by a passage and prayed that God would help me to speak out. After a few minutes of sitting quietly I heard in my spirit, 'At the appointrf time my daughter, I will unlock the power of speech within you.' I was staggered. And even more staggered when a few weeks later a visiting preacher from Johannesburg laid hands on me a said exactly the same thing, causing me to go week at the knees it was so powerful.

I don't know if it has happened yet or not.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Before I started going to church I got pink eye really bad and my eyes sealed shut. Crusted over I got a healing blessing from the elders of the church. Afterward I knelt down to pray and was at my end as I didn't have medical insurance and no way else to get help. A vision of a lion with dark black eyes appeared and I began to cry and my eyes opened and the pink eye was healed.
I love these amazing testimonies. This is God. This is the Creator of the universe and all other things being concerned about our little lives.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In August 2013 I had what I thought was a stroke affecting the whole of the R/H side of my face. My first response was to ask for prayer and I asked who I should ask and at church the next day I felt led to ask a young man who was new Christian.

I felt complete peace at this time but the following day my daughter insisted I went to the doctor and I was admitted to hospital I was grey and not able to smile, close my right eye, taste food, or drink without drooling. I spent four days in hospital and was diagnosed as having Bell’s Palsy and told the effects could last up to a year.

I came home on the evening of Thursday 22nd August and only because the guy who had prayed for me had gone to this meeting I watched the Live Stream from the revival at Victory church in Cwmbran, Wales on Saturday 24th As I watched I joined in the worship and listened as the speaker spoke about the faith of the centurion.

At the end of the preach he called people out for prayer and then just before he stepped off the platform he pointed at me – through the camera – and said that Jesus would heal my face and my eye. I gasped audibly and quite loudly and then a few seconds later I began to feel a tingling sensation in the R/H side of my face, especially round my eye.

I could feel the sensation trickling down the side of my face and then the muscles began to gently contract and tighten up. When Ray, who had been out of the room for a short while, came back in he was amazed at the difference in me in just a few short minutes. My face was pink again; my smile was back and could close my eye and drink properly and taste my food.

I just KNEW that God had healed me. It was truly wonderful.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That verse is sometimes understood to mean, It grieved Him...etc

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Pearl

John 14.27

Reminds me of Sir Edward Denny's words:

"Sweet resting place of every heart,
That feels the plague of sin,
Yet knows that deep mysterious joy,
The peace with God, within."

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is great and full of love for us. He deeply cares about us. I know this thru my entire life experiences as he has protected me and healed me on different occasions. And I get peace and love from him often.

One time which I think was supernatural, an angel appeared to me spiritually and said, don't worry about breakfast tomorrow, your Dad will feed you sausage. I was going to my Dad's the next day and just thought "OK". I hear voices often so I just remembered it but didn't put much wait on that statement.

When I got to my Dad's he greeted me into the house and kitchen area and said "Hey I just got back from the store and bought some of this German sausage, want some?". I was shocked and tried some, it was really good.

It was a great treat in two ways. That an angel visited me the day before and that I got to eat some really good sausage :)

Reactions: Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another time I can remember after moving down to California from Washington State. I was on my own and would have these really bad emotional and mental fits from the schizophrenia before I was on meds for it. I slept one night and I believe and angel came to visit me in the night because when I woke up I was filled with this deep peace and felt well rested. It was such a huge difference from what I normally felt that it was a sure sign to me.

Reactions: Pearl and Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
One time I was asleep after spending much time in prayer for various people. While sleeping, I sensed something in my room so I woke up. (my spirit man woke up). I didn't wake up phyisically because I could still see my physical body sleepng. I looked across at the bedroom door and this ugly green slimey creature walked in with eyeballs all over it. I sat at the edge of my bed annoyed that something like that could enter my house. Anyway, a sword appeared in my hand and it had writing running (moving) down it. The writing appeared to be a verse which said "

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;
To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the Lord.

I picked up the sword and began to battle with this entity slicing and stabbing it. Flashes of light would appear from the sword every time it was struck. This went on for some time until it gave up and disappeared. Then I got back in my bed [where my physical body was still sleeping] and went to sleep.

The next day, I told some friends who had never heard of such a thing before....I think that prayers engage in this kind of thing often. Not the last time things like this have happened either...

Reactions: dev553344

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
One time I was up late, getting organised to go on a short-term mission trip to Thailand. Suddenly, I felt a presence in the lounge and went to have a look. There was a strange looking man/creature standing in my lounge. [This was not a dream and I was not asleep]. He looked like a man but also like a temple. The headpiece he was wearing, looked like the top of a temple building that you see in asian movies and his shoulder pads were very much the same. Like a dipped structure found at the end of a temple roof...I heard the Holy Spirit say that it was a "demi-god"

He looked similar to the pic below but all gray, appeared to be made of metal or metal armour with a temple on his head.

rsz_phjexw5vfxe21.jpg

He told me that I had no authority to enter Thailand and I will not be able to put one foot on the land. If I go there, I will die.

Well I told him that I was given the authority from God, creator of heaven and earth. Not only will I enter Thailand - every step I take on that land, will be for God's kingdom and his glory and if I die, I go home to heaven with Jesus.
He disappeared pretty quickly. after that. The majority of Thai people are buddhists.

BTW: Many souls were saved when we were there. People set free from generations of poverty and service under the power of a extremely selfish god who promises these people everything, and gives them nothing....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told @Wynona this and I thought I would relay it here. It was a supernatural experience I had when I was homeless. One time the heavens opened and I saw God. He was old and had a beard, like a Grandfather and his appearance was that of grey iron. A description I later found in the second book of Enoch from the dead sea scrolls. When I found that description it made me happy as I wasn't just crazy then. :)

Then on one day when I was homeless and it was winter and snowy, the spirit was with me strong and didn't forsake me. My hands got super cold and it was painful, then the spirit warmed my hands physically for a few minutes and it was nice.

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I lose stuff. I used to get angry and frustrated when this happens. God showed me that he wants me to pray when this happens. Now I lose stuff and pray and he finds stuff for me! Keys, TV remote etc. lol. He like us to lean on him! Simple but it makes me happy.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In August 2013 I had what I thought was a stroke affecting the whole of the R/H side of my face. My first response was to ask for prayer and I asked who I should ask and at church the next day I felt led to ask a young man who was new Christian.

I felt complete peace at this time but the following day my daughter insisted I went to the doctor and I was admitted to hospital I was grey and not able to smile, close my right eye, taste food, or drink without drooling. I spent four days in hospital and was diagnosed as having Bell’s Palsy and told the effects could last up to a year.

I came home on the evening of Thursday 22nd August and only because the guy who had prayed for me had gone to this meeting I watched the Live Stream from the revival at Victory church in Cwmbran, Wales on Saturday 24th As I watched I joined in the worship and listened as the speaker spoke about the faith of the centurion.

At the end of the preach he called people out for prayer and then just before he stepped off the platform he pointed at me – through the camera – and said that Jesus would heal my face and my eye. I gasped audibly and quite loudly and then a few seconds later I began to feel a tingling sensation in the R/H side of my face, especially round my eye.

I could feel the sensation trickling down the side of my face and then the muscles began to gently contract and tighten up. When Ray, who had been out of the room for a short while, came back in he was amazed at the difference in me in just a few short minutes. My face was pink again; my smile was back and could close my eye and drink properly and taste my food.

I just KNEW that God had healed me. It was truly wonderful.
I also got Bell’s Palsy and had people pray for me on this site and it cleared up in one week!

Reactions: dev553344 and Pearl