Spiritual Experiences

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to create a thread so that people could share any spiritual experiences they have had that made them happy.

Once before I was on medication the Lord's spirit spoke to me and told me to see a doctor. I was filled with immense love and peace that lasted for hours. I then went to the doctor and was prescribed medication for my illness. That was 21 years ago.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to create a thread so that people could share any spiritual experiences they have had that made them happy.

Once before I was on medication the Lord's spirit spoke to me and told me to see a doctor. I was filled with immense love and peace that lasted for hours. I then went to the doctor and was prescribed medication for my illness. That was 21 years ago.
This week a lot of spiritual stuff has been going on, and fortunately it's all shared now so I don't have to deal with it alone. Lol

First thing, I was at work last week, I went to grab a box of heavy cookies to bake from a top shelf and when I was reaching up, I felt something warning me "Your back!" Like "not right now."

So I didn't. I baked some that were lower. Then the next couple of days my back was in pain so I'm glad I didn't injure it to the point I couldn't work properly.

And then I also heard something last Friday that said, "You're going to feel lied to, betrayed, and you're going to be very happy."

Well, that definitely happened for a few different reasons, but it is being used for God's good because His Word says so and I'm seeing things evolve.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I remember a time when I was at a gathering and a girl came up to me to say she was going for a ride with a group of people and would I like to come. I was about to say yes, when I got this prompting of caution from the Holy Spirt and I said to her that I wasn't going to go with them and suggested that she should not go also because they were going to have an accident but she did and then came back to tell me that the car had flipped and the occupants were inhospital. Praise Jesus, she walked away okay.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I remember a time when I was walking into town. I was hungry at the time but had no money on me. I was walking on a public footpath that had some small rocks on each side of the path. As a passed a certain area, I stared at a rock and the Holy Spirit prompted me to lift it up. I was just going to keep walking by but that prompting was strong so lifted one of the rocks and found money under it. Enough to go buy me some food. I will always remember that. Made me happy. Thank you Jesus! :Broadly:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Another time, I was walking into town to get some groceries when I realised that I didn't have enough to buy certain things so I prayed that the Lord provide the amount I needed. At that same moment, a car drove by and somehow [not sure if it came from the car or not] a $20.00 note was caught in the updraught of the speeding car and slapped me in the face...Lol!:jest: that was real funny! Thank you Jesus!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another time, I was walking into town to get some groceries when I realised that I didn't have enough to buy certain things so I prayed that the Lord provide the amount I needed. At the same moment, a car drove by and somehow [not sure if it came from the car or not] a $20.00 note was caught in the updraught of the speeding car and slapped me in the face...Lol!:jest: that was real funny! Thank you Jesus!
Sometimes when I'm charitable I find money just laying on the street. So far I've found $10.00. A $5.00 bill once and about 5 $1.00 bills. It's kinda fun finding money ;)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sometimes when I'm charitable I find money just laying on the street. So far I've found $10.00. A $5.00 bill once and about 5 $1.00 bills. It's kinda fun finding money ;)
Amen brother! Sometimes the Holy Spirit reminds me to look down and when I do, there is always money somewhere on the ground. Just recently I found a $5.00 note when I get that prompting. So far, I have managed to pick up $20.00 and $5.00 notes. Not many $10 notes though....

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother! Sometimes the Holy Spirit reminds me to look down and when I do, there is always money somewhere on the ground. Just recently I found a $5.00 note when I get that prompting. So far, I have managed to pick up $20.00 and $5.00 notes. Not many $10 notes though....
It was the other day. And I was told by God that he could make things happen so that I wouldn't notice. Like working with my thoughts and heart. So the other day I decided to go to the store. And it was at a time that I normally don't go because it's too crowded. But I went and found a $1.00. And that was not too long ago. Then I went recently and when I came home found one next to my house.

When I work on physics he puts me into this spirit for imaging new ideas. It's truly amazing and I've come up with some pretty good stuff I think.

Anyways I figured out that he can cause us to be at the right place at the right time, and sometimes that means avoiding tragedy. I've had several near death experiences and am still alive to tell the tales.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which reminds me. One time I was driving and a car swerved into my lane to hit my car on the freeway. We were driving maybe 60 mph. It would have been tragic. But the spirit of God came over me and time slowed. I had lots of time to think clearly and swerve out of the way. It was like time was slowed in half.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I love this thread. I've just read the posts and it great to read how the Lord is providing. It's a bit late now to share but I will tomorrow.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@devin553344
Which reminds me. One time I was driving and a car swerved into my lane to hit my car on the freeway. We were driving maybe 60 mph. It would have been tragic. But the spirit of God came over me and time slowed. I had lots of time to think clearly and swerve out of the way. It was like time was slowed in half.

Something similar happened to me. I was in a car with some friends [not the driver]. The guy driving was going too fast and we ended up on a grassy verge. We were about to drive back onto the road when suddenly a seriousness came over me which created a slowing down of time as I detected a loud caution from the Holy Spirit. We were going very fast and were about to turn back onto the road when I called out very loudly for the driver to stop!

He breaked hard. When the car had stopped, we got out and saw, just in front of the car and hidden in the grass, was a railway line. Driving at the speed would have catapulted the car and it's occupants into the air and I am sure we would have been hurt badly, possibly worse...Praise Jesus!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the time slowed for me I also felt this deep peace. Like I wasn't in need of fear.

A similar thing happened to me but different one time. And I think I've told this story before but here it goes. My friends and I were sledding in the snow and they brought me up above a 100 foot cliff area to sled. We were doing fine and such and staying away from the cliff. But then the sled that was my friends got away from me and was heading for the cliff. My friend yelled for me to catch it as it was wooden and expensive. So I sprinted towards it and the cliff. I grabbed hold of it and went to stop. My feet slipped out from under me and I slid towards the cliff. I realized that I couldn't slow down and was going over. I believed I was going to die, and the Holy Spirit came over me and I just felt this deep peace. I didn't feel any fear and fell over the cliff. As I fell I realized that I only fell a foot or two. There were sticker bushes growing out of the cliff face that caught me. My friends came to the cliff edge and yelled for me. I yelled back and they took the sled that was dangling in the cliff edge above me in the bushes and pulled me back up.

Reactions: Mantis

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When the time slowed for me I also felt this deep peace. Like I wasn't in need of fear.

A similar thing happened to me but different one time. And I think I've told this story before but here it goes. My friends and I were sledding in the snow and they brought me up above a 100 foot cliff area to sled. We were doing fine and such and staying away from the cliff. But then the sled that was my friends got away from me and was heading for the cliff. My friend yelled for me to catch it as it was wooden and expensive. So I sprinted towards it and the cliff. I grabbed hold of it and went to stop. My feet slipped out from under me and I slid towards the cliff. I realized that I couldn't slow down and was going over. I believed I was going to die, and the Holy Spirit came over me and I just felt this deep peace. I didn't feel any fear and fell over the cliff. As I fell I realized that I only fell a foot or two. There were sticker bushes growing out of the cliff face that caught me. My friends came to the cliff edge and yelled for me. I yelled back and they took the sled that was dangling in the cliff edge above me in the bushes and pulled me back up.
Glory to God! We seem to have had some similar experiences. Not sure whether I told you this one but I will attempt to find it somewhere on this forum :Broadly:

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here it is ~ As a young child growing up with lots of siblings in a very rural area, I guess that God wanted to make himself real to me and he did in so many ways One time when I was around 8. I was sitting on the railing of a balcony which was on the top floor of our two-story home. Something our mother told us never to do because we could fall from there and be instantly killed.

My feet were dangling over the edge and I was holding on to a supporting beam. Suddenly, I felt a huge push from behind and found myself losing my grip of that beam and I slipped of and started falling toward the ground.

I was half way between floors, heading toward the ground when I felt a hand on my chest (invisible) and that hand pushed me so hard in the opposite direction that I began to fly backward, up and over the balcony I was previously sitting on where I landed in a heap, on the deck/verandah.

I bumped my head pretty hard and I had a headache from it but extremely blessed that I didn't hit the ground because I would have definitely died.

This was the first of many saves that the Lord performed in my life. Praise Jesus! Glory to God!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow, it's amazing how many of us have had experiences where we could have died without God's intervention.

One day I was riding pillion behind my husband on our motor cycle when our route took us up a side turning from a busy main road. Now right from the outset this side road had a very pronounced bend which meant that the view of oncoming traffic was severely restricted.

My husband was an experienced rider and took the turn perfectly; we both leaned into the bend in unison and there was nothing wrong with the bike. Anyway just as we got to the perfect position on the road in which to take the bend my husband shouted that the steering had locked and he had no option but to steer the motorcycle into the kerb.

At the exact time that we made that swerve, a car coming from the opposite direction came round the bend on our side of the road at high speed, right at the point where we would have been on the road if the bike hadn’t swerved off line.

My husband pulled the bike oh so gently into the kerbside, initially thinking we had lost power but immediately finding that this was not the case and without even getting off we continued on our way.

He still talks of the day that an angel took over the steering to save us from what looked like certain death from where were standing. Praise God. I believe in angels.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And there have been other spiritual happenings too like when i found our keys on a campsite covered in leaves. And like the time I found my friend's keys in the park when she didn't even know where she had lost them.

There was also the time when our phone stopped working and we had tried everything to get it working again. We were set to go out a buy a new one but after I prayed about it, I suddenly knew what was wrong and fixed it.

Our God is so good he cares about the small things in our lives as well as the big ones.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another time I was coming home from work on a cold wet evening. The bus was crowded but I knew Jesus was there with me. In my mind i began to wonder where he was; was he sitting next to me or standing before me and then i started to tingle from head to toe and I just knew that he was telling me he was within me. Anybody who saw my huge grin must have wondered what I was smiling about.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I was taking my dog for a walk one night and it was dark. Not the normal time to take my dog for a walk but I was late for some reason.
My dog was medium sized and long [lean and not fat] with a long tail, brindle and white, boxer, border collie cross with a touch of foxy [a bitsa]

We were walking in a darker area of town where there were hardly any streetlights. Houses were on one side where my dog and I were walking on a footpath and a small grove of trees were on the other side. I could see a couple of young men coming my way a little further down and I felt a little uncomfortable in my spirit so I prayed for God's protection and that he would keep my dog and I safe.

Not sure if you understand this part but I noticed my dog's gait start to change. Instead of his quick doggy steps, he appeared to be stretching his front legs out further and his movements seemed more exaggerated when his paws hit the ground. The bones of his shoulder blades were visibly moving under his skin where they were not visible before. Very much like a lion. You may know what I am talking about. He appeared to be walking like a lion.

Anyway, we got closer to these two men, they jumped off the footpath and walked on the other side of the road. I heard one of them say to the other, "Did you see that" the other man told him to shush up and keep walking. Amazing! I personally think that they saw me coming toward them with a lion on a leash :Broadly:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One evening as I was reading and I felt God’s presence in the room with me. It was so strong I had to look up to where I felt he was sitting on the other sofa. He spoke into my spirit and said he wanted to have his slippers in my hall – a sign that he lived here as part of the household.

Another time, late at night I was sitting on my sofa and praying and seemed to have almost an out of body experience as in my mind i soared above our neighbourhood and our town all the while praying for those specific areas. I've never known anything like it since.

Another time was when I was dropped off alone in the city of York which I was totally unfamiliar with and asked God to strengthen me and immediately felt my backbone straighten and confidence flood into me in a supernatural way.