Spiritual Goals

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rob,

I'd like to hear more about "breathing Him".
Big smile!!
Then I might chime in myself!

:) :) Miss Hepburn

rob

Sep 2, 2009
The Scripture is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16). This tells us that the Scripture did not come out of man's thought, man's mind, but rather, it is God breathing His thought and His word through His Spirit into and out of the writers.
Since the Scripture is God's breathing His word out from men throough His Spirit, no word of the Scripture can be of man's will; rather, men were borne by the Spirit and spoke out of God. The word, "men spoke from God whil being borne by the Holy Spirit: (2 Peter 1:21), has a twofold meaning: first, men were borne by the Spirit; second, men spoke from God. In the original Greek, being borne by the Spirit; means being carried along as a ship by the wind. The writers of the Bible received God's inspiration, and they were under the powe of the Holy Spirit, being borne and carried along by Him to speak out God's word. Furthermore, when they spoke, they spoke from within God. It was the Spirit of God carrying men along to speak, and it was men speaking from within God

The Word of God is the Bible. Its essence is: {first,} God's Word is God breathing out. All scripture is God-breathed and profitable for....instruction in righteousness. Many versions of the Bible use God-inspired in the place of God-breathed. But in the original they are the same.
The Bible is God's breathing out; that is, it is the breath breathed out by God. The Bible is God's breathing. To God it is a matter of God breathing out; to us it is a matter of us breathing in; God's word enters into us and becomes our life and our life supply. Therefore when we read the Bible it is not merely black words on white paper, but it is the breathing out of God. It is full of spiritual breath. Therefore we must not only understand the Bible with our mind, but we must also contact the word of the Bible with out spirit. Whenever we read the Bible we come to contact God.
A lovely old hymn comes to mind on this topic:

Glorious, Mighty Name of Jesus.

• [list type=decimal]
  • Glorious, mighty Name of Jesus,
    Into Thy dear Name I flee;
    "Set aloft," I praise and worship,
    For Thy Name is victory!
[list type=decimal]
[*]Blessed Jesus! Mighty Savior!
In Thy Name is all I need;
Just to breathe the Name of Jesus,
Is to drink of Life indeed.
[/list][list type=decimal]
[*]Glorious, mighty Name of Jesus,
Heav'n and earth its pow'r proclaim;
But forgiven sinners only,
Know the balm of Jesus' Name.
[/list][size=12pt][font=&quot]Jesus! Jesus! Name most precious,
Balm in pain or mighty sword;
In Thy Name, we live and conquer,
Blessed, glorious, coming Lord.[/font][/size]

[/list]

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
My Goals

Keep rejecting all forms of man made religion that try to control God’s Word
Seek deep and hidden truth in God’s hidden deep Word
Let go and let God
To Know him

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very nice, thank you, rob. :)

I did think you were going to actually expound on our link to Him through our breath...that it is Him actually behind our breath - the power that is breathing us! The inspiration and expiration like the in and out of creation - the ebb and flow of life - the going away and coming back to the Father...that the out breath of the Father was the creative force and the inhalation will be us going back home to Him.

But, instead -I expounded on it! The breath is the link - when we have our last exhalation we expire...our spirit leaves this body and all warmth begins to leave - the power behind the breath is the same power behind the Sun and all the galaxies. It is the invisible power that makes our fingernails grow while we sleep and every flock of geese in Russia fly at this moment.
The power that dwells in all - and it's right there behind our breath.
We are breathing Him, indeed.

And don't get me started talking about how Jesus dispersed His atoms - dematerializing Himself into the ethers - slowly distancing all of his atoms apart and is everywhere dispersed in the air- and we are breathing Him.

When He decides it is time to "gather Himself", His atoms back together, an implosion -- we will be seeing Him again --just as He left. I'm sure it appeared as if He was "ascending" as He dispersed and separated his atoms and went to the right hand of the Father in the Spirit realms.

And that was before my morning coffee! I'm just getting started!

And don't get me started on what His Name is!

" In Thy Name is all I need;
Just to breathe the Name of Jesus,
Is to drink of Life indeed."

His Name isn't Jesus, Jesu, Y'shua, Emmanuel or YWHW ---it is truly our Breath, "Life indeed"- the sound of our breath that is breathed into every living thing and permeates the whole Universe. It is a Name not said with lips...but only our breath. And that is why we are not to take it in vain ---we are not to take our very breath in vain.
Pretty new for the everyday Christian with Western interpretations of scripture.

And yes, scripture is God inspired. Inspired with His breath.

Now, do NOT get me started on Light...LOL! :)

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY

"AND IN NAME." The name speaks of the nature and character and authority of a person. In that our God is so marvelously great, He has many names (some say as many as 200) , each revealing to us another facet of His nature and character, etc. We ascribe unto Him many titles: He is Wonderful, Counselor, Prince of Peace, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, etc. Then we have all the compound names of Jehovah-- as our Healer, our Banner, our Righteousness, our Provider, our Defender etc. All of these names and titles help us to identify Him to us. But now He states that He will make a people high above all nations "IN NAME." He is ready to share His identity with humanity-- it is utterly awesome and amazing!
Names of God
ELOHIM: (GOD) Ex.33:34
God’s goodness, his nature (name, character, authority)

YAHVAH, YAHVAH-EL of compassion and favor, Slow to anger & abundant in loving kindness & faithfulness: keeping loving kindness to a thousand generations, forgetting iniquity and transgression and sin, though leave not utterly unpunished. Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon sons’ sons, unto a third & forth generation. Ex. 34: Rotherham

The 1[sup]st[/sup] four names of God are revealed in Genesis
1[sup]st[/sup] chapter only God (Elohim) is used. This is the name we should know above all other names.

ELOHIM Heb. To “swear”, It describes one who stands in a covenant-relationship ratified by an oath.

Judgment: Every time God judges a matter it was not from anger as humans know it, but from zeal to show forth His righteousness. Yes deprived those wicked people of life on this earth for it is His right to withdraw that life

God is not only teaching His Word but also His Nature.

Jehovah T’ Sidkinu, The LORD OUR Righteousness (Jer. 23:6)
Jehovah M’ Kaddesh, The Lord Who Sanctifies (Lev. 20:7)
Jehovah Shalom, The Lord our peace (Judges 6:24)
Jehovah Shammah, The Lord our ever Present God (Ezek. 48:35)
Jehovah Rapha, The Lord our Healer (Ezek. 15:26)
Jehovah Jireh, The Lord our provider (Gen. 22:14)
Jehovah Nissi, The Lord our Victory (Ex. 17:15)
Jehovah Rohi, The Lord our Shepherd (Ps. 23:1)
Jehovah T’sur, The Lord our Strength (Ps. 19:14)