Spiritual Shepherding

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I am wanting to say to try to focus on that would be possessiveness and…would cast you backwards rather than forward"

Not sure what you mean here.
Unless you mean going back to the A,B,C's...??
Maybe that the one who seeks to save their life will lose it.

Much love!

Reactions: Lambano and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something got missed in the aim of my "focus" somehow. I'm all over the place with DSN! lol.

Yes, it IS impossible to focus on the "unknowable" yet, if we know Christ (Spiritually, not intellectually) then we CAN know Him..?

Philippians 3:10
10 "That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;"

John 14:17
"Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."

You are correct that I" have no relatable experience" - of this measure, yet ;)...although I certainly DO have wholly relatable experience of Him doing a HUGE work from whence I started!!! Amen!

And yes, "blind trust" period. We either trust Him in ALL things or we do not...so we will journey much quicker the more we trust.

I think I'm at where you were awhile back "your flesh squirming on the cross" or, dying to ourselves FULLY. Seems there will be no end in this life...race on sister!

"I am wanting to say to try to focus on that would be possessiveness and…would cast you backwards rather than forward"

Not sure what you mean here.
Unless you mean going back to the A,B,C's...??

"and hoping for what no eye has ever seen or ear heard or mind conceived of."
Well, this is part of the hope that is in me.

If I thought it were a race of intellect, I would have dropped out LONG ago, lol!!!

TRUST MATTERS!!!!

What’s DSN? Nah, nothing got lost, I just focused on one part. It’s a good thing we have Jesus, He feels much more relatable than the blank in my mind that is God!

By cast you backwards I mean…like…Jacobs ladder. We climb closer to the unrelatable, to the unknown/unknowable. We ascend and descend and ascend again that ladder. Any possessiveness or…lack of humility knocks us down a rung or two. He knocks down the proud and lifts up the humble. He actually knocks down TO lift us up. He knocks down BECAUSE He loves us. He doesn’t knock down because He hates us. He does it to bless us.
So by possessiveness I mean…attempts to…possess God as a possession belonging to me rather than…dang it’s hard to put into words! It’s sort of like…when you see a beautiful wild animal and you become very still so you don’t startle it to run away. You want to look at it longer, be allowed in its presence longer. It never occurs to you to reach out and try to grab and possess it and own it as your own.
It’s like, you don’t possess God but you hope to be allowed in His presence.

Your last sentence cracked me up. :)

Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stunnedbygrace

Sorry, I meant DNOTS...well yes indeed, have to have that blank filled, cannot focus on "nothing"...I am WAY too high strung for that! Yes, Jesus is the one to focus on as, He IS more approachable than God The Father.

Kay, yes, I can agree that He DOES knock us down a few pegs to keep us humble...or maybe to see if we will become weary in seeking His face, never :eek:

"It’s like, you don’t possess God but you hope to be allowed in His presence."

Seeing a beautiful animal, holding still so as not to miss a second of it's beauty...good analogy for what I think you are trying to explain, yeah...it IS kind of like that.

Your last sentence cracked me up. Happy to oblige :)