Spiritual smells

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Seriously, I have heard tales of people being converted by smells. Twice I've heard of jews who converted because their synagogue smelt musty.

Another time I heard of someone having an encounter with a smelly demon.

I'm leaving this wide open to discussion.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Seriously, I have heard tales of people being converted by smells. Twice I've heard of jews who converted because their synagogue smelt musty.

Another time I heard of someone having an encounter with a smelly demon.

I'm leaving this wide open to discussion.

I haven't heard anything about the negative side of smells...but back England in the 60's we were asked to pick up an old lady and take her to meetings.
She was a great influence on our young spiritual lives.

She told us once that she used to go to Smith Wigglesworth meetings.
( if you don't know who he was Smith Wigglesworth - Wikipedia I have most of his books, amazing ministry. )

She told us that at one meeting while they were in the meeting...the place suddenly smelled of flowers, like lily of the valley.... it hung above them though out the service...at another time it was the smell of fresh baked bread.
She was convinced that Jesus walked up and down the isles and left His fragrance.

Reactions: amadeus