Spotlight On The Disasterous RCC "Celibacy" Requirement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've given this some thought. I don't think those were the Popes exact words. First, it's hearsay. He said he said..." is hearsay. Juan Carlos Cruz said the Pope said that. That's hearsay, third party information.

Oh, sure.
We can say the same about Martin Luther and all the other reports about protestant leaders.
It's all hear say.
So it works both ways....

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, sure.
We can say the same about Martin Luther and all the other reports about protestant leaders.
It's all hear say.
So it works both ways....
I didn't say that. What Protestant leaders say is recorded by historians, theologians, documented sermons and so on. What they said can be adequately substantiated; It is not hearsay. Claims of what the Pope said in the absence of recording devices CANNOT BE ADEQUATELY SUBSTANTIATED.
hear·say
[ˈhirˌsā]
NOUN
  1. information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
    "according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"
    synonyms: rumor · gossip · tittle-tattle · tattle · idle chatter · idle talk · mere talk · report · stories · tales · titbits ·
Argue with google.
I have a right to disagree with the media because it has an agenda and it has a reputation for misquoting the Pope. The media does not misquote Protestant leaders that I am aware of.

11221572_487598501406513_947752916463552236_n.png

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most protestants have long abandoned foundations or pillars which made their predecessors enemies of Catholicism. Not because they became unorthodox, but because they uncovered the hypocrisy that pervaded the church of their era, and through the study of scripture discovered truth long held under wraps. True protestants believe fundamental doctrines wholly different to true Catholics. How that makes them both Christians is beyond me.
It's true that most Protestants have long-abandoned the things that their Protestant Fathers professed - but that is the nature of Protestantism.

To splinter and to continually splinter is the true spirit that gave birth to the confusion of Protestantism. Unfortunately, this has morphed into tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines while ALL claiming to have the "Truth."

The abandonment of the doctrines and precepts of God have given way to the doctrines and precepts of mere men (Matthew 15:8-9, Mark 7:6-7):
Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on.

What a mess . . .

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do. as for any more discussion with you, I am done because I really think that you are a troll or shill of sorts sent to try to destroy the board and/or on a mission from the devil. May you repent and turn from your wicked ways, including blaspheming and cheapening the Sacred Body of Christ.
In other words - you don't have any way of defending your indefensible position.
That's what I thought . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A little advice:
Don't get your theology from the New York Times or the Sun or CNN or ANY other secular news source.

You should know better than that . . .

Last edited:
B

brakelite

It's true that most Protestants have long-abandoned the things that their Protestant Fathers professed - but that is the nature of Protestantism.

To splinter and to continually splinter is the true spirit that gave birth to the confusion of Protestantism. Unfortunately, this has morphed into tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects that ALL teach different doctrines while ALL claiming to have the "Truth."

The abandonment of the doctrines and precepts of God have given way to the doctrines and precepts of mere men (Matthew 15:8-9, Mark 7:6-7):
Some Protestant denominations believe in baptismal regeneration, while others do not.
Some believe in soul-sleep, while others do not.
Some believe in the total depravity of man, while others do not.
Some believe in the Holy Trinity, while others do not.
Some believe in doctrine of “once saved, always saved”, while others do not.
Some believe in a pre-tribulation “Rapture”, while others do not.
Some believe that only those who were predestined will make it to heaven, while others do not.
Some believe that some were predestined for hell, while others do not.
Some believe in a woman’s right to choose abortion, while others do not.
Some believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, while others do not.
Most believe in contraception, while others do not – and the list goes on.

What a mess . . .
I must confess that it isn't often I find myself agreeing with you, but on this occasion I cannot do anything but concur wholeheartedly with the above. Indeed it is a mess. But such is Babylon...confusion. The daughters as confused as their mother. Everyone speaking different languages and understanding one another differently. Saying the same words but having completely different meanings. For example the agreement on Justification by Faith signed by Lutherans and Catholics in 1999 I think. Words that sounded good to both sides but meant entirely different things to both sides. No real agreement whatsoever. Just a front. Babylon has certainly fallen when she lies even concerning her own beliefs in order to deceive others. And yes, Protestants have indeed departed from the doctrines and precepts their founding fathers were shown in contrast to the precepts of man that had dominated religious life for the previous 1200 years or so. Now sadly many are returning to Rome and trampling upon the blood of those whose lives paid for their freedom.

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your response.

Is it possible to get an answer to my questions???? :)

Mary
No. You are purposely trying to rub me the wrong way. I don't even want to waste my precious time.

I am wondering if there is someone with a few splintered "personalities" that has set up a few profiles on this board, all bent on trying to destroy this forum.

Reactions: Triumph1300

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are of the Westborough Baptist church type and preach that God hates fags. You've ignored the context of what the Pope said. I don't put any stock in cheap news rags the way you do. The media is at war with the Church, but not yours. There are no gay marriages in the Catholic Church but there are plenty in Protestant churches. You say nothing about that. Repeating the same headline over and over does not make your point. The Pope is not endorsing gay behavior by saying God loves them. Only perverted fundamentalists twist something as basic as God' love into something the Pope never said. Your agenda feeds angry ignorant people who can't read very well.

There is nothing Christian about slandering the Pope. You are a troll.

Try to categorize me if you want. God hates fags, you say?

No, sorry. I call evil evil, where it is evident . That is not slander when it is the truth.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are purposely trying to rub me the wrong way. I don't even want to waste my precious time.
You found that out after joining and posting 79 posts.
Good for you.
MaryMog is a troll and has been at everybody else for some time.
She's trying to imitate BOL, but just can't do it.
She doesn't even come close to BOL.

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You found that out after joining and posting 79 posts.
Good for you.
MaryMog is a troll and has been at everybody else for some time.
She's trying to imitate BOL, but just can't do it.
She doesn't even come close to BOL.

Thanks for these affirmations. She comes close at times, I think.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Try to categorize me if you want. God hates fags, you say?
I was making a point of what some radical Protestants say. Don't take me out of context.
No, sorry. I call evil evil, where it is evident . That is not slander when it is the truth.
If you sin, does that make you evil or a Christian that made a wrong choice? Homosexuality is not a sin, they are not evil. It is only when they do sinful things that is wrong. There are homosexuals who are chaste. They are very good Christians. You cannot make blanket condemnations, and you cannot read hearts. You are not God.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must confess that it isn't often I find myself agreeing with you, but on this occasion I cannot do anything but concur wholeheartedly with the above. Indeed it is a mess. But such is Babylon...confusion. The daughters as confused as their mother. Everyone speaking different languages and understanding one another differently. Saying the same words but having completely different meanings. For example the agreement on Justification by Faith signed by Lutherans and Catholics in 1999 I think. Words that sounded good to both sides but meant entirely different things to both sides. No real agreement whatsoever. Just a front. Babylon has certainly fallen when she lies even concerning her own beliefs in order to deceive others. And yes, Protestants have indeed departed from the doctrines and precepts their founding fathers were shown in contrast to the precepts of man that had dominated religious life for the previous 1200 years or so. Now sadly many are returning to Rome and trampling upon the blood of those whose lives paid for their freedom.
A Protestant burning his own.
The mess continues . . .

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, they think about sex with another guy but they are good christians.
Sorry you can't read, and don't understand the virtue of chastity, and twist to the opposite of what I said. Do you do the same with scripture?

105648-Im-Allergic-To-Stupidity.jpg

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You are purposely trying to rub me the wrong way. I don't even want to waste my precious time.

I am wondering if there is someone with a few splintered "personalities" that has set up a few profiles on this board, all bent on trying to destroy this forum.
Lol....You wasted your precious time to NOT answer why not waste your time and key strokes to answer??? ;)

The only thing being destroyed is your credibility when you REFUSE to answer legitimate questions based on your own statements/beliefs.

Mary