Spotlight On The Disasterous RCC "Celibacy" Requirement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for you honest answer. That would put you in the "Protestant" category.

I like your plan to pray for all churches. Not sure why the Spirit of the Lord would tell you to stop..... but another spirit may tell you to stop!:)

Mary
No, it does not. Sorry. I don't agree with a lot of their doctrine.

And God has instructed some people not to pray for certain things, I have read some testimonials, and was told some. It is not His Will, what was prayed for, and so He gave instruction for the prayers to stop. There is an example of this in the Bible, forget the details.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for you honest answer. That would put you in the "Protestant" category.

I like your plan to pray for all churches. Not sure why the Spirit of the Lord would tell you to stop..... but another spirit may tell you to stop!:)

Mary
Nothing she stated puts her in the teachings and beliefs of Martin Luther and prostestantism

Reactions: TammyinWI

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not what Scripture means. That is an editorialized definition and there are legitimate exorcists in both Catholic and Protestant communities. "Sorry, but no true Bible-teaching church does exorcisms or has exorcists." is false.

Does it have to be? Where is "Trinity" in the Bible? Incarnation? Hyper-literalists do violence to Scripture.

These points are totally different. I am not a "hyper-literalist," either.

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

No doubt that "the enemy moved in as soon as he could to contradict and dilute the Gospel, and deceive". After all, that is what scripture says happened.

How do we determine if the historical writings we have from the 1st and 2nd century Christians are the writings of the enemy you speak of or the legitimate Christians that followed Christ and The Apostles? example: The Didache

Who decides what is "proper order"? What does "proper order" look like to you?

Where do you live?? It sounds cold and dark. :(

Curious Mary

Praying for discernment is a fruitful idea, as is answering the call to pray without ceasing.

The times we are in are dark and cold. Maybe I need to tune out the news more and just stay home...but I won't/can't.

Lot of deception in these times. I live in a dark area, liberals galore. But this is a festering wound in a lot of places.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This above post is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. I can't believe it.

Please stop trying to label me or put me in one of your weird boxes!

Protestant

Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Prot·es·tant
(prŏt′ĭ-stənt)
n.
1. A member of a Western Christian church whose faith and practice are founded on the principles of the Reformation, especially in the acceptance of the Bible as the sole source of revelation, in justification by faith alone, and in the universal priesthood of all the believers.
A member of a Western Christian church adhering to the theologies of Luther, Calvin, or Zwingli.
3. One of the German princes or cities that supported the doctrines of Luther and protested against the decision of the second Diet of Speyer (1529) to enforce the Edict of Worms (1521) and deny toleration to Lutherans.
4. protestant (also prə-tĕs′tənt) One who makes a declaration or avowal.
Sooooo, you don't adhere to the principles or foundations of Protestantism?
You don't believe in Sola Scriptura?
You don't believe in Sola Fide??
You don't believe in OSAS??

If you reject these doctrines - then I apologize for referring to you as a "Protestant."
Can you tell me where you DO stand on these doctrines?

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apology accepted. I do reject these doctrines.

I have no faith in any man.

I reject worldly ideas.

I am still learning.

I may believe in some of the things.

The answer is simple. I believe in the Bible. I am sorry that time does not permit me to read over/research a bunch of stuff tonight, or in the next few days. I have to pick up the Sword of the Lord, but also, am battling in many areas, including the Spiritual realm and physical realm.

I have been praying for Strength, including the Anointed kind. The attack is bad today.

To the God of Abraham I call on now, and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit: may they Bless you and keep you.

Later!

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'GOD LOVES YOU'
Pope Francis tells gay man ‘God made you like this and loves you like this’
The remarks were apparently made to a victim of clerical sexual abuse and are the most striking acceptance of homosexuality by the Catholic Church to date

By Sofia Petkar
21st May 2018, 12:46 am
Updated: 21st May 2018, 11:00 am

In a private dialogue, the Pontiff is understood to have told Juan Carlos Cruz, a victim of sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic priests, that God loves gay people and it is fine to be homosexual.

The comments are the most striking public acceptance about homosexuality ever made by a head of the Roman Catholic Church.

The remarks were made during a private meeting at the Vatican between the pair, in which the Pope offered a heartfelt apology.

Cruz was a victim of Chile’s most notorious paedophile priest Fernando Karadima.

Father Karadima, now aged 87, was found guilty of sexual abuse by the Vatican in 2011.

Cruz claims that his suffering was ignored by a number of Latin American bishops who used his homosexuality to brand him a liar when he spoke out.

Speaking to Spanish newspaper El País, Cruz said: “He [the Pope] told me, ‘Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter.

“God made you like this and loves you like this and I don’t care.

“The pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are.”

The Pope’s words signal a much more open and inclusive approach by the often restrictive faith – a move which will likely upset many conservative Catholics.

The Vatican has neither confirmed nor denied the comments the Pontiff’s comments to Cruz.

The Catholic Church teaches that gay sex – and all sex outside of heterosexual marriage – is a sin.

This is not the first time Pope Francis’ comments have suggested a more open and tolerant attitude toward homosexuality.

In July 2013, when responding to a reporter’s question about the existence of an alleged “gay lobby” within the Vatican, Pope Francis said: “If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?"

The Pontiff’s most recent remarks come as several high profile members of the clergy have sought to publicly make amends with gay Catholics, many of whom say they feel shunned an d unwelcome in the church.

uan Carlos Cruz was one of three former sex abuse victims from Chile who were summoned to Rome to receive an apology from the Pontiff for years of abuse endured by them as children.

The victims described clerical sexual abuse as “an epidemic that has destroyed thousands of lives."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6337719/pope-francis-gay-man-god-loves-you/

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reject worldly ideas.
I am still learning.

The answer is simple. I believe in the Bible. I am sorry that time does not permit me to read over/research a bunch of stuff tonight, or in the next few days. I have to pick up the Sword of the Lord, but also, am battling in many areas, including the Spiritual realm and physical realm.

I have been praying for Strength, including the Anointed kind. The attack is bad today.
To the God of Abraham I call on now, and Jesus, and the Holy Spirit: may they Bless you and keep you.

Later!
Actually - that is not a "simple" answer.
EVERYBODY who professes Christ claims to "believe" the Bible. That doesn't mean that it hasn't been perverted by MANY.

Look - either you're a Catholic Christian or Orthodox Christian - or you're a Protestant Christian.
I'm not sure when this became such an offensive term - but it's a fact.
If you reject the teachings of the Catholic Church AND the pillars of Protestantism - you may be something - but it ain't Christian.

Do you believe in the Triune Godhead?

Reactions: Marymog
B

brakelite

Most protestants have long abandoned foundations or pillars which made their predecessors enemies of Catholicism. Not because they became unorthodox, but because they uncovered the hypocrisy that pervaded the church of their era, and through the study of scripture discovered truth long held under wraps. True protestants believe fundamental doctrines wholly different to true Catholics. How that makes them both Christians is beyond me.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
'GOD LOVES YOU'
Pope Francis tells gay man ‘God made you like this and loves you like this’
The remarks were apparently made to a victim of clerical sexual abuse and are the most striking acceptance of homosexuality by the Catholic Church to date

By Sofia Petkar
21st May 2018, 12:46 am
Updated: 21st May 2018, 11:00 am

In a private dialogue, the Pontiff is understood to have told Juan Carlos Cruz, a victim of sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic priests, that God loves gay people and it is fine to be homosexual.

The comments are the most striking public acceptance about homosexuality ever made by a head of the Roman Catholic Church.

The remarks were made during a private meeting at the Vatican between the pair, in which the Pope offered a heartfelt apology.

Cruz was a victim of Chile’s most notorious paedophile priest Fernando Karadima.

Father Karadima, now aged 87, was found guilty of sexual abuse by the Vatican in 2011.

Cruz claims that his suffering was ignored by a number of Latin American bishops who used his homosexuality to brand him a liar when he spoke out.

Speaking to Spanish newspaper El País, Cruz said: “He [the Pope] told me, ‘Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter.

“God made you like this and loves you like this and I don’t care.

“The pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are.”

The Pope’s words signal a much more open and inclusive approach by the often restrictive faith – a move which will likely upset many conservative Catholics.

The Vatican has neither confirmed nor denied the comments the Pontiff’s comments to Cruz.

The Catholic Church teaches that gay sex – and all sex outside of heterosexual marriage – is a sin.

This is not the first time Pope Francis’ comments have suggested a more open and tolerant attitude toward homosexuality.

In July 2013, when responding to a reporter’s question about the existence of an alleged “gay lobby” within the Vatican, Pope Francis said: “If a person is gay and seeks God and has good will, who am I to judge?"

The Pontiff’s most recent remarks come as several high profile members of the clergy have sought to publicly make amends with gay Catholics, many of whom say they feel shunned an d unwelcome in the church.

uan Carlos Cruz was one of three former sex abuse victims from Chile who were summoned to Rome to receive an apology from the Pontiff for years of abuse endured by them as children.

The victims described clerical sexual abuse as “an epidemic that has destroyed thousands of lives."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6337719/pope-francis-gay-man-god-loves-you/
The Gospel according the TheSun (a cheap tabloid)
Are you trying to discredit the Church or just the Pope?
The Church has always had acceptance of homosexuals, she does not accept homosexual behavior. This is unlike fundie Bible groups who just damns them to hell. There is nothing wrong with the Pope saying,"‘God made you like this and loves you like this’. This is not an endorsement of homosexual behavior, which is sinful. It is an endorsement of God's love. So you ignore that and read into the Pope's words that aren't there. Did you know that God loves sinners? Does your Bible group teach that God hates sinners?

Look at the context. The Pope is meeting with victims.

How many Protestant clerics have met face to face with victims to apologize? Yet the Pope gets condemned by the world because he takes responsibility for things he never did.

Do you realize how badly the media misrepresents the Pope? That's why no official content of the PRIVATE conversations were issued. "Who am I to judge" is a favorite phrase the media has been pounding because taken out of context, it misses the moral teaching that goes with it.

Sri explains how to address relativism, why Catholic morality is all about love and making a judgement is not judging a person’s soul, and how, in the words of Pope Francis, “relativism wounds people,” in his latest book. He addresses real freedom and real love, sharing truth with compassion, and why “I disagree” doesn’t mean “I hate you.” Sri also presents the Catholic moral tradition in a way that’s captivating and compelling, especially to young people, many of whom think of morality as a bunch of arbitrary rules from religion, assume each individual should be free to make up his own morality and balk at the slightest hint that someone might be trying to tell them what to do.

In WHO AM I TO JUDGE?, Sri encourages us to face the truth about ourselves — our faults, weaknesses, our sins — in light of the truth about God’s unwavering love for us. Indeed, the Catholic moral life is the pathway to human flourishing. Only by living the way God intended for us, by living in union with Christ, can our hearts’ deepest desires be fulfilled.​
Who Are You to Judge? - ZENIT - English

Please, try and stay away from cheap tabloids. Their headlines are sensationalist and misleading. I recommend ZENIT - English - The World Seen From Rome ; it gives full context of what the Pope says

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - that is not a "simple" answer.
EVERYBODY who professes Christ claims to "believe" the Bible. That doesn't mean that it hasn't been perverted by MANY.

Look - either you're a Catholic Christian or Orthodox Christian - or you're a Protestant Christian.
I'm not sure when this became such an offensive term - but it's a fact.
If you reject the teachings of the Catholic Church AND the pillars of Protestantism - you may be something - but it ain't Christian.

Do you believe in the Triune Godhead?

Yes, I do. as for any more discussion with you, I am done because I really think that you are a troll or shill of sorts sent to try to destroy the board and/or on a mission from the devil. May you repent and turn from your wicked ways, including blaspheming and cheapening the Sacred Body of Christ.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So you are of the Westborough Baptist church type and preach that God hates fags. You've ignored the context of what the Pope said. I don't put any stock in cheap news rags the way you do. The media is at war with the Church, but not yours. There are no gay marriages in the Catholic Church but there are plenty in Protestant churches. You say nothing about that. Repeating the same headline over and over does not make your point. The Pope is not endorsing gay behavior by saying God loves them. Only perverted fundamentalists twist something as basic as God' love into something the Pope never said. Your agenda feeds angry ignorant people who can't read very well.

There is nothing Christian about slandering the Pope. You are a troll.

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it does not. Sorry. I don't agree with a lot of their doctrine.

And God has instructed some people not to pray for certain things, I have read some testimonials, and was told some. It is not His Will, what was prayed for, and so He gave instruction for the prayers to stop. There is an example of this in the Bible, forget the details.
Thank you Tammy.

I would love to read where God instructed some people not to pray for "certain things". Can you reference that for me...Please? I am curious about these "certain things".

Mary

Reactions: Helen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing she stated puts her in the teachings and beliefs of Martin Luther and prostestantism
LOL.....Since you are now @TammyinWI mouthpiece and defender maybe YOU could tell me where she stands on Sola Scriptura, Sola and OSAS?

Or maybe you could describe to me what an internet troll is?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for discernment is a fruitful idea, as is answering the call to pray without ceasing.

The times we are in are dark and cold. Maybe I need to tune out the news more and just stay home...but I won't/can't.

Lot of deception in these times. I live in a dark area, liberals galore. But this is a festering wound in a lot of places.
Thank you for your response.

Is it possible to get an answer to my questions???? :)

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I reject worldly ideas.

I am still learning.

Later!
I sincerely hope you find your way. You seem to have faith in yourself to determine which doctrines to reject or accept. Why do you have no faith in any other man (person) to help you decide what to accept or reject?

Mary

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"God made you like this ..."
I've given this some thought. I don't think those were the Popes exact words. First, it's hearsay. He said he said..." is hearsay. Juan Carlos Cruz said the Pope said that. That's hearsay, third party information. Then it went to a reporter who wrote what he said the Pope said. The reporter took it to the editor. Left wing newspapers are known for putting on their spin. So the editor says what the reporter says Cruz said the Pope said. Why does it go viral in the media? Because the public wants to believe the Church endorses homosexual behavior. It's never going to happen. Reporters were not permitted to attend this private conversation. Even the Vatican refuses to comment on the Pope's private conversations.

The Pope would never say, "God made you an alcoholic", or "God made you a schizophrenic", or "God made you with no arms". The idea is absurd and so is "God made you like this". It's contrary to Catholic teaching. That's why I don't buy it.

Nobody knows what the Pope said, except Cruz, who told a reporter, who told their editor, who added a spin, and it went viral, and now it's been pounded into the minds of the public.

Last edited: