Spotlight On The Disasterous RCC "Celibacy" Requirement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not a shred of evidence that priests are more tempted because they are celibates.
Epostle 1, you have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. The evidence abounds that the celibacy rule is directly related to child sexual abuse because of the culture of secrecy that it cultivates. Have you spent over 25 years treating priests who were busted committing what is arguably the worst crimes known to man? Have you spent even 25 seconds reviewing the research of Sipe or Doyle and his associates, all intimately acquainted with the RCC? You are as much in denial about what has been proven true as are the countless RCC leaders who deny their involvement in aiding and abetting the rape and abuse of innocent kids. If you are Catholic, my question is not whether you are suffering from Stockholm syndrome, but rather have you sought treatment for it?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for your input, however shamefully flawed it is. The only way anyone can be sure that pedophile RCC priests are no longer abusing children is to castrate every single last one of these disgusting excuses for religionists. Are we to trust the word of the RCC, the same institution that is responsible for enabling the destruction of countless lives of kids who had yet to begin live them? No matter how RCC apologists try to spin it, there is no escaping the truth - that pedophilia in the RCC is rampant, systematic, global, and ENCOURAGED by its leadership, and although Rome may have clamped down somewhat on this abuse in the U.S., it continues globally. The Vatican not only granted asylum to that Papal Pimp Cardinal Law after he fled Boston to escape prosecution, but rewarded him by appointment as Arch-priest over the prestigious Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore for his role in assuring the continued abuse of children, which is arguably a kind of modern day bloodless ritualistic sacrifice to Lucifer - the god of the Papacy. To the many Catholics who have heard the call of their beloved Savior to "come out of Babylon, My people, that you be not partakers of her sins and receive not of her plagues", I say hallelujah.
Your psychotic hatred is noted. You really need to see a doctor.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your Catholic bashing has no source.
Richard Sipe is an angry ex-priest and a liar.
Richard Sipe EXPOSED : Ex-priest has history of dubious facts : A.W. Richard Sipe
Thomas Doyle is a dissident and a psychotic bigot.
THE WAR AGAINST CARDINAL PELL

So much for your reliable sources.
So, when the RCC fails to hide public documents from public view (as in the case of letters from parents of the abused which clearly show that top RCC officials knew what was going on all along), or fails to bury anything that exposes their demonic activities (as in the case of the report by Doyle and Assoc. which Cardinal Law INITIALLY HELPED TO FUND BEFORE WITHDRAWING HIS HELP DUE TO WHAT WAS BEING UNCOVERED), then the RCC resorts to ad hominem? Yes, this appears to be the case.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your psychotic hatred is noted. You really need to see a doctor.
Friend, you liberals are no longer getting away with throwing around the "H" word whenever you're confronted with unwelcome truths - it's not working anymore.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=4 said:
You're a Baptist, aren't you phonyman?[/SIZE]

plankeye.jpg
In the words of the great Pastor Ian Paisley, I am in the historic succession of the Protestant Reformers, and make no bones about the Historicist interpretation of Bible prophecy held by them and me which identifies from the Scriptures the Papacy as the Antichrist system. There are many loving Catholics trapped in that system who will hear the message of Revelation 18 to come out of her and into the marvelous light of Jesus Christ and salvation by grace through faith alone, not through confession of sins to some pedophile priest.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epostle 1, you have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. The evidence abounds that the celibacy rule is directly related to child sexual abuse because of the culture of secrecy that it cultivates.
What evidence? The evidence in your paranoid sick mind?
Have you spent over 25 years treating priests who were busted committing what is arguably the worst crimes known to man? Have you spent even 25 seconds reviewing the research of Sipe or Doyle and his associates, all intimately acquainted with the RCC? You are as much in denial about what has been proven true as are the countless RCC leaders who deny their involvement in aiding and abetting the rape and abuse of innocent kids. If you are Catholic, my question is not whether you are suffering from Stockholm syndrome, but rather have you sought treatment for it?
If I were in denial, I wouldn't be posting links exposing your liars. I don't deny the sex abuse crisis happened, but you deny that its ended...run and get more wood.
The Pope has faced victims on many occasion but that means nothing to you.
The sex abuse rate has dropped to .004, unmatched by any institution, public or private. But that means nothing to you; it just interferes with your stake fires.
Since you can't be bothered reading my posts, I can't be bothered reading your lies. You need to seek treatment for your irrational psychotic hatred. There are Catholic high schools near you and I hope you don't own any guns.

Richard Sipe is an angry ex-priest and a liar.
Richard Sipe EXPOSED : Ex-priest has history of dubious facts : A.W. Richard Sipe
Thomas Doyle is a dissident and a psychotic bigot.
THE WAR AGAINST CARDINAL PELL

Do I have to post that 3 times?
Your sources, that you obviously didn't check...stink

Ian Paisley...that explains a lot.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
phoneman: scares children and wants to castrate every priest.
image.jpg

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a couple of documentaries, of which I got on DVD a while back from my library (IIRC), of which I do not remember the titles. One interviews some of the victims of some of the pedophiles of the RCC, and the pain, hurt, and shame some of them continue to experience. It is real heart-breaking, and it exposes some of the cover-up.

The other exposes some of the corruption at and in the Vatican, not just this topic, but also the gay bathhouses that are in there, and the money laundering of the Vatican Bank. It is pretty telling.

It is not "Catholic bashing" to expose this stuff.

Reactions: Phoneman777

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(sigh) I guess that I have to add here that I do feel that it is blasphemous to go to a man to confess sins and ask that man for forgiveness.

Hopefully the discussion can continue without slamming others. I know I am new here, but my first thought on the other current RCC thread was, "wow, tough crowd."

Blessings, all!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are a couple of documentaries, of which I got on DVD a while back from my library (IIRC), of which I do not remember the titles. One interviews some of the victims of some of the pedophiles of the RCC, and the pain, hurt, and shame some of them continue to experience. It is real heart-breaking, and it exposes some of the cover-up.

The other exposes some of the corruption at and in the Vatican, not just this topic, but also the gay bathhouses that are in there, and the money laundering of the Vatican Bank. It is pretty telling.

It is not "Catholic bashing" to expose this stuff.
What's telling is the claim of gay bath houses in the Vatican. That idiocy discredits the other claims. With scores of tourists running loose with cameras, why are there no pictures???
When you don't disclose the source, it's Catholic bashing because media outlets say all sorts of things; they only want to sell news, not print the truth. So the source needs to be checked out for it's responsible journalism.
The Church pays for therapists, and the Pope meets with victims face to face, but that's not enough for some people. We even have a
Pontifical Commission for the Protection of Minors and I am sure you never heard of it.
Where are the parents in all these cover ups? Did they disappear? And how many bad priests are dead or in jail? Now its a policy to immediately call the cops for even the slightest suspicion, but you never hear about that either. And are all the cops in every station guilty of cover ups? Or are you making the mistake phonyman made by relying on 60 year old data?
The Church has done her laundry as best as possible while Protestant churches lag far behind. You should target them for a refreshing change.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
(sigh) I guess that I have to add here that I do feel that it is blasphemous to go to a man to confess sins and ask that man for forgiveness.
Jesus gave the power to forgive sins to the Apostles, and in case you didn't notice, they were all men. I don't think Jesus thought it blasphemous, do you?

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, you liberals are no longer getting away with throwing around the "H" word whenever you're confronted with unwelcome truths - it's not working anymore.

He (epostle1,aka Dave Armstrong) has debated James White.
He has 'thrown the "H" word at me also. Plus "vulgar".
Carry on.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your input, however shamefully flawed it is. The only way anyone can be sure that pedophile RCC priests are no longer abusing children is to castrate every single last one of these disgusting excuses for religionists. Are we to trust the word of the RCC, the same institution that is responsible for enabling the destruction of countless lives of kids who had yet to begin live them? No matter how RCC apologists try to spin it, there is no escaping the truth - that pedophilia in the RCC is rampant, systematic, global, and ENCOURAGED by its leadership, and although Rome may have clamped down somewhat on this abuse in the U.S., it continues globally. The Vatican not only granted asylum to that Papal Pimp Cardinal Law after he fled Boston to escape prosecution, but rewarded him by appointment as Arch-priest over the prestigious Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore for his role in assuring the continued abuse of children, which is arguably a kind of modern day bloodless ritualistic sacrifice to Lucifer - the god of the Papacy. To the many Catholics who have heard the call of their beloved Savior to "come out of Babylon, My people, that you be not partakers of her sins and receive not of her plagues", I say hallelujah.
Actually, castration doesn't do a thing but increase the danger to children. Though understandable, yours is but a typical knee-jerk reaction expressed by many people exhibiting little thinking on the matter.

Reactions: aspen

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An interesting fact some of you may have difficulty with is this. Many people scream for the immediate killing of Child Molesters (Very different from the blanket label "Pedophile", by the way), but that is ineffective.
For one thing, you should consider yourself almost as guilty of child abuse as the offender because you are choosing to wait until AFTER a child has already been molested before taking any action.
But, the point I started out addressing is that if you could ELIMINATE every single Child Molester in the world (Stand them up and mow them down with a machine gun if you want)....... [even if you could identify them]..... at the present rate of the development of this particular problem, within six (6) years there would, once again, be just as many Child Molesters in our society as there were the day before you first killed every one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've read a lot of statistics and I haven't found one that says otherwise. Sorry, but it is true.

The only way you can make this sound legitimate is by determining the sexuality of the offender by the gender of his victims. Homosexuals are not pedophiles or sex offenders.

Clergy sexual abuse in the Catholic Church can't be blamed on homosexuality.

Although the vast majority of victims are boys (80 percent, according to the 2004 John Jay study and other studies), and the Catholic Church has a large number of priests who are homosexual in orientation (22-45 percent, according to a variety of studies and reports), homosexuality doesn't make men sex offenders. No evidence exists that suggest sexual orientation, in and of itself, makes someone at risk to commit sex crimes against children or others. Sexual orientation is not a risk factor for crime.

Six Myths About Clergy Sexual Abuse in the Catholic Church

Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were only six of us willing to do the job in our entire county. And I had to quit because of a stroke.

I appreciate your work. I had 21 convicted sex offenders on my caseload of 90 people because I was the only person willing to do it.