Spotlight On The Disasterous RCC "Celibacy" Requirement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Vatican is a sovereign nation Phoneyman. Your expectations seem to be that it is answerable to you, as if it were simply a church. It is much more complicated.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Anglican priest marry...it is the RC who are more tempted because they cannot marry.
This is a fallacy that you have been spoon-fed as a Protestant.
The statistics show that MOST pedophiles are married men.

Please do your homework before making these kinds of false accusations.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for your input, however shamefully flawed it is. The only way anyone can be sure that pedophile RCC priests are no longer abusing children is to castrate every single last one of these disgusting excuses for religionists. Are we to trust the word of the RCC, the same institution that is responsible for enabling the destruction of countless lives of kids who had yet to begin live them? No matter how RCC apologists try to spin it, there is no escaping the truth - that pedophilia in the RCC is rampant, systematic, global, and ENCOURAGED by its leadership, and although Rome may have clamped down somewhat on this abuse in the U.S., it continues globally. The Vatican not only granted asylum to that Papal Pimp Cardinal Law after he fled Boston to escape prosecution, but rewarded him by appointment as Arch-priest over the prestigious Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore for his role in assuring the continued abuse of children, which is arguably a kind of modern day bloodless ritualistic sacrifice to Lucifer - the god of the Papacy. To the many Catholics who have heard the call of their beloved Savior to "come out of Babylon, My people, that you be not partakers of her sins and receive not of her plagues", I say hallelujah.
And the only way to deal with people lie YOU who spew this kind of anti-God hatred is to show you just how stupid and clueless your remarks are. What pathetic hypocrisy you spew . . .

The fact is that the statistics show a much higher rate of child molestation going on in your PROTESTANT "churches".
Sooooo, while you're busy mentally-castrating the small number of Catholic priests who were guilty of this crime - you might wanna SAVE some of that hateful hypocrisy for your own . . .
Evangelical Sex Abuse Record ‘Worse’ Than Catholic, Says Billy Graham’s Grandson

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’

Protestant Churches Grapple With Growing Sexual Abuse Crisis : NPR

Sexual Abuse of Minors in Protestant Churches | Fox News

Protestants can no longer dismiss abuse as a ‘Catholic problem’ - NY Times

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1985? Wow, you are so up-to-date. Guess what phoneman. The sex abuse crisis in the Catholic Church ended, it fizzled out some 20 years ago. But you don't care about that, and you don't care that the sex abuse crisis has never stopped in your church; you don't get the same media attention. (Personally, I think you are a pervert that likes to scare children)

When the Boston Globe sent the nation reeling in 2002 with revelations of priestly sexual abuse, and the attendant cover-up, Catholics were outraged by the level of betrayal. This certainly included the Catholic League. The scandal cannot be denied. What is being denied, however, is the existence of another scandal—the relentless effort to keep the abuse crisis alive, and the deliberate refusal to come to grips with its origins. Both scandals deserve our attention.

"...virtually all the stories were about accusations against priests dating back decades, sometimes as long as a half-century ago. Keep in mind that not only were most of the priests old and infirm, many were dead; thus, only one side of the story could be told. Adding to our anger was the fact that no other institution, religious or secular, was being targeted for old allegations.”

“...it seemed as if ‘repressed memories’ surfaced with alacrity, but only among those who claimed they were abused by a priest. That there was no similar explosion of ‘repressed memories’ on the part of those who were molested by ministers, rabbis, teachers, psychologists, athletic coaches, and others, made us wonder what was going on.”

The steeple-chasing lawyers and professional victims’ organizations had a vested economic interest in keeping the scandal alive; the former made hundreds of millions and they, in turn, lavishly greased the latter. But it wasn’t money that motivated the media and Hollywood elites to keep the story alive—it was ideology...
note phonemans' ideology.

Commentary by those associated with “Spotlight,” as well as movie reviewers and pundits, are feeding this impression. But the data show that the conventional wisdom is wrong. The fact of the matter is that the sexual abuse of minors by priests has long ceased to be an institutional problem. All of these parties—Catholics, the American public, the media, and Hollywood—entertain a view that is not supported by the evidence. “Spotlight” will only add to the propaganda...

...So it is indisputable that the Boston Globe “Spotlight” team knew that it was homosexuality, not pedophilia, that drove the scandal. Yet that is not what is being reported today. Indeed, as recently as November 1, 2015, a staff reporter for the Boston Globe said the movie was about “the pedophile priest crisis.” This flies in the face of the evidence.

"..There is no doubt that the Boston Globe “Spotlight” team deserved a Pulitzer Prize for exposing Scandal I. Regrettably, there will be no Pulitzer for exposing Scandal II.
SHINING THE LIGHT ON "SPOTLIGHT"
The Boston Globe has always been this way.
If the Kennedys supported them, or just bought out the newspapre, none of this would have happened.
But when

Ted Kennedy refused to pay the ransom, and mama Rose was too old to deal with it, the paper did their usual work, first working on the Kennedys , then the whole romanist church.
Don't feel bad, the pagan boston globe does the same thing to protestants.
They even insulted Ted Williams after his death.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Former Benedictine monk and priest Richard Sipe, a highly experienced and credentialed authority on this issue, said that based on his 25 years of research, which included work as a counselor and psychotherapist to countless child abusing priests at private "Treatment Centers", it is estimated that about 50 percent of Catholic clergy secretly engage in sexual activity with others. The research has led him to conclude that the celibacy requirement creates "a culture of secrecy that TOLERATES and even PROTECTS pedophiles" and that the number of priests who act out sexually with minors is SIX PERCENT - epidemic for this kind of disturbed behavior. Almost 20 years later, we should expect that that number has only risen.
And in his book "Pedophiles and Priests", respected PROTESTANT Author, Philip Jenkins shows that the problem is molestation and sexual misconduct is FAR WORSE among the Protestant sects.

Jenkins lays out the FACTS - not the anti-Catholic myths about why the Catholic Church was the big target for this crime - and it was ALL about money. Because of its perceived wealth, Jenkins explains, the lawyers went crazy. The didn't bother with the smaller Protestant sects because there was just no money in it. Many of them weren't insured so the lawyers just turned a blind eye.

I wish I could say that YOUR problem was just hatred.
Unfortunately, it is a hatred based on abject IGNORANCE - and that is a dangerous cocktail, mu clueless friend. . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.
Only child abuse by Roman Catholics matter, right Rollo? The safety of the children is not your focus at all; just condemnation for the Vatican....

Keep those blinders on while you accuse the Catholic church of wearing blinders

Perhaps you can argue that all the abuse and cover up in hollywood and schools and every other institution on the planet are all perpetuated by the Vatican too. Don’t disappoint me!

Why don't you concentrate on the romanist church?
Find the losers who are still employed and find out how many churches they've been transferred to.
Have they overcome their problem?
What did the Vatican do for them?
Why attack protestants instead of faithfully defending the romanists?
Or is that impossible?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in his book "Pedophiles and Priests", respected PROTESTANT Author, Philip Jenkins shows that the problem is molestation and sexual misconduct is FAR WORSE among the Protestant sects.

Jenkins lays out the FACTS - not the anti-Catholic myths about why the Catholic Church was the big target for this crime - and it was ALL about money. Because of its perceived wealth, Jenkins explains, the lawyers went crazy. The didn't bother with the smaller Protestant sects because there was just no money in it. Many of them weren't insured so the lawyers just turned a blind eye.

I wish I could say that YOUR problem was just hatred.
Unfortunately, it is a hatred based on abject IGNORANCE - and that is a dangerous cocktail, mu clueless friend. . .
Who is Philip Jenkins?
Why should I listen to him?
Anyone can write a book.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is Philip Jenkins?
Why should I listen to him?
Anyone can write a book.
He's one of your OWN - a Protestant.
The difference between him and YOU is that HE is honest - and educated . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Find the losers who are still employed and find out how many churches they've been transferred to.
Or is that impossible?
Still angry at your parents and teachers, Rollo??
Your issues transcend your limited education . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Breadman, what are you thinking right now?
I agree with you.
But don't expect me to agree with you a minute from now.

Hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Or is that impossible?
Good point.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about Father Alberto Rivero Romero?
He's one of yours.
Do you like his book?
I do.
You mean "Alberto Rivera".
He wasn't a priest - he was a con man who was chased out of Spain for check fraud and a host of other cons.

I am shocked that anybody in this day and age STILL believes that Jack Chick manure about Rivera.
Then again - we ARE talking about YOU . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean "Alberto Rivera".
He wasn't a priest - he was a con man who was chased out of Spain for check fraud and a host of other cons.

I am shocked that anybody in this day and age STILL believes that Jack Chick manure about Rivera.
Then again - we ARE talking about YOU . . .

Okay how about Avro Manhattan?
Books like:
Catholic Power Today
Catholic Terror Today
The Vatican Moscow Washington Alliance
The Vatican Billions
Viet Nam, Why Did We Go?

I know you've never read any of them
The romanists keep you away from such reads
But if you want to learn, you can start with any one of them.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Okay how about Avro Manhattan?
Books like:
Catholic Power Today
Catholic Terror Today
The Vatican Moscow Washington Alliance
The Vatican Billions
Viet Nam, Why Did We Go?

I know you've never read any of them
The romanists keep you away from such reads
But if you want to learn, you can start with any one of them.
You're a very well-read person.

TammyinWI

Oct 12, 2017
Eau Claire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Vatican is a sovereign nation Phoneyman. Your expectations seem to be that it is answerable to you, as if it were simply a church. It is much more complicated.

Correct. It has its own zip code, and also underground/hidden (away from tourists' eyes) areas.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi