Spreading The Gospel At Work

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gumby

May 29, 2009
Hi freinds i have a topic i would like to divulge into if i may, its about spreading the gospel when at work or other places. To me its a must because i cant let a hungry person starve and not be fed, the main role i play though is a comforter for people that have just lost loved ones and for some of my co-workers who are struggling with depression although i dont have a bible in hand i think the following of gods people is getting stronger. It may be unpopular and it may very well coast me my job but overall i feel called to preach and to uplift with my fellow beleivers in christ. So maybe my point is this bloom where your planted and do gods will and work wherever you see fit.

God bless :)

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you definitely use whatever situation you are in to share the gospel.

II Timothy 4:1-2
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

The KJV says "be instant in season: out of season;" so you see that we are to be ready at any time. This can mean work, play, home, out on the town, etc. In these days of small print books, cell phone applications, etc. we don't have much of an excuse, but the Word should always be on you one way or another, and that can easily mean your mind. If you allow the Holy Spirit to work, those verses will be there in your mind when you need them. I speak from experience and I am sure many of you know what I speak about.

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

To close I'll say this. (And this is not so much for you gumby - or anyone in particular for that matter.) Just be careful. Remember that the Bible also tells us how rewarding true work is; there's no better sleep than after a good day's effort. That means you let your actions do the talking. Christians are some of the hardest working folks, and they should be. There does come a point where one can become overbearing, and sometimes actions do speak much louder than words. There's nothing wrong with an open door policy, just make sure that you're not neglecting work. One reason is that you won't stay there too long to continue to witness. The thing about Christianity is you can never convert someone. You can plant and you can water, but God gives the increase as the Apostle Paul says.

It's a beautiful thing to be there for someone, and work is a great place to do it.

gumby

May 29, 2009
I think you definitely use whatever situation you are in to share the gospel.

The KJV says "be instant in season: out of season;" so you see that we are to be ready at any time. This can mean work, play, home, out on the town, etc. In these days of small print books, cell phone applications, etc. we don't have much of an excuse, but the Word should always be on you one way or another, and that can easily mean your mind. If you allow the Holy Spirit to work, those verses will be there in your mind when you need them. I speak from experience and I am sure many of you know what I speak about.

To close I'll say this. (And this is not so much for you gumby - or anyone in particular for that matter.) Just be careful. Remember that the Bible also tells us how rewarding true work is; there's no better sleep than after a good day's effort. That means you let your actions do the talking. Christians are some of the hardest working folks, and they should be. There does come a point where one can become overbearing, and sometimes actions do speak much louder than words. There's nothing wrong with an open door policy, just make sure that you're not neglecting work. One reason is that you won't stay there too long to continue to witness. The thing about Christianity is you can never convert someone. You can plant and you can water, but God gives the increase as the Apostle Paul says.

It's a beautiful thing to be there for someone, and work is a great place to do it.

Dont worry denver i have a very pleasent style on planting seeds, never force your beleifs but rather merge them into the conversation when the time arises. If someone weather it be customer or employee says they love the lord or they went to church this morning ask them what scripture they learned. If you see a person heavily involved in occult religions that wants help offer an escape through jesus. My tactic though is wait for them to start talking about the lord then we can share our faith, and my bosses know that im a very hard worker...........i practically support a good portion of the store single handidly.

God bless :)