Stigmata

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
What are your guys views on Stigmata ( when someone takes the wounds of Christ). Has it really happened or do you believe that its just another "catholic myth" Slightly curious, but I also have some very personal reasons to ask it and I would like your opinions. ( Might share the reasons later)

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
Those catholics , the only divine thing ever to come from that church is it's power that was given to it by God. The rest is dung, including the stigmata. It's unfortunate that most people are not even aware of the catholic church's deceptions. They are plainly put forth in scripture.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
I'm a catholic LOL but thanks for your opinion I can't stop laughingGod bless YouPS. If you have any challenges about the catholic faith, Throw a private message at me. and I'll answer them.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I thought history had proved the nails were through his wrists as the hands would not hold the weight.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
I'm sorry. Would you like to learn the Truth about Jesus? You do know that we do not need any mediation and Mary is never mentioned as the queen of heaven? How about idolatry are you aware it's heavily practiced in the catholic church? Are you aware the pope is not anyone's holy father? Did you know practicing catholics are practicing sin? May Jesus bless you with sight and repentance.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(cronnie36;48408)
I'm sorry. Would you like to learn the Truth about Jesus? You do know that we do not need any mediation and Mary is never mentioned as the queen of heaven? How about idolatry are you aware it's heavily practiced in the catholic church? Are you aware the pope is not anyone's holy father? Did you know practicing catholics are practicing sin? May Jesus bless you with sight and repentance.
LGF does know the truth and this site is about Bible study not bashing nor promoting a single religion.

Lyn

Apr 11, 2008
well I read on wikipedia that "no case of stigmata is known to have occurred before the thirteenth century, when the crucified Jesus became a standard icon of Christianity in the west" but I dunno if it's true as it was of wikipedia
biggrin.gif

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
It seems to me that stigmata holds no place in Christianity. It isn't mentioned in the Holy Word, however what is mentioned are the spiritual gifts, righteous judgment, and the fruits of the Spirit. We should try the spirits to see if they are of God. Before we accept anything we see with our eyes and hear with our ears we should be well taught by the Holy Word of God and The Spirit of Truth about just exactly what it is that we are to be wary of. Because if it's not mentioned in the Holy Word of The Bible, then it has slithered from the darkness and disguised itself. The only way this is possible is if you have neglected the Truth and turned your ear away from His voice.

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Letsgofishing;48402)
What are your guys views on Stigmata ( when someone takes the wounds of Christ). Has it really happened or do you believe that its just another "catholic myth" Slightly curious, but I also have some very personal reasons to ask it and I would like your opinions. ( Might share the reasons later)
I've never heard of it (however, I have never been in a Catholic church).Can you give us more information? (of what you believe)But, in general, the Holy Spirit can do whatever He wants, and I think if He wants to do it -- no one can stop Him.And Cronnie,I think you are jumping to conclusions. You don't know Fishing's relationship with God.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Stigmata is absolute garbage. Its all a ploy to get attention that God chose you to "take the suffering of Christ, round 2." Christ suffered for US, He does not need for us to suffer what has already done.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
And Cronnie,I think you are jumping to conclusions. You don't know Fishing's relationship with God.[/QUOTE] This is Gods Word.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.If ye love me, keep my commandments.He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. This is God's Word.Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. This is God's word. There is moreLet us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. The Word continues. But He's God how much more should you be given only to still question Him.This word is infallible and final. And instead of giving you the checklist let me end with the finality of idolatry aloneBut the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. This is the Truth and anyone with a relationship with Christ worth having knows it. If you do not please pray for the Holy Spirit to anoint you with wisdom.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(cronnie36;48408)
Amen I pray that prayer everyday Cronnie, But even if I'm not worthy, fit, or holy enough to be Gods disciple he has allowed me to be not only his disciple but his own child. Cronnie, you can bash the catholic religion all you want, send me a P.M with all your accusations and I will answer or agree with them. But I ask you not to do it in public, it is the administrators will that you do not bash a single denomination in public and we should respect there will.God Bless YouRyan Fitz

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(RaddSpencer;48429)
I've never heard of it (however, I have never been in a Catholic church).Can you give us more information? (of what you believe)But, in general, the Holy Spirit can do whatever He wants, and I think if He wants to do it -- no one can stop Him.And Cronnie,I think you are jumping to conclusions. You don't know Fishing's relationship with God.
Stigmata Is when a person develops Jesus's crucification wounds on their body. It is a sign that the person has led a very holy life. I personally believe that while it is real, there have been many people who have faked it. But I believe some have been very real. For example the stigmata of Saint Francis of Assisi. Why is this important to me? well three years ago when I first really believed, I asked God to give me a sign, at the end of my life, that He approved of what I have done with my life, a sign that I had been a faithful servant. the sign I meant was clear.I asked God that if I had been a " good and faithful servant" on my last day he would give me this stigmata. And I feel, even though I won't know until the day I get to heaven, or on my last day. That he said yes. Radical prayer huh??

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Letsgofishing;48447)
Amen I pray that prayer everyday Cronnie, But even if I'm not worthy, fit, or holy enough to be Gods disciple he has allowed me to be not only his disciple but his own child. Cronnie, you can bash the catholic religion all you want, send me a P.M with all your accusations and I will answer or agree with them. But I ask you not to do it in public, it is the administrators will that you do not bash a single denomination in public and we should respect there will.God Bless YouRyan Fitz
I will delete any posts that do so and will not have you call LGF anything but a good Christian either

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(kriss;48407)
I thought history had proved the nails were through his wrists as the hands would not hold the weight.
Indeed, I believe you are right. Also, the way I understand Jewish teaching is that the "hand" was actually from the elbow to the tip of the finger. When one washed their hands... they washed all of it.
http://logos.materdei.ie/index.php?option=...id=101&Itemid=4The rabbis have laid down very precise rules about the making of phylacteries. The parchment on which the biblical verses are written must be made from the skin of ritually clean animals, preferably that of a calf. The text must be written by hand, and by a trained scribe. The phrase ‘on your hand’ mentioned above is taken to mean ‘on your arm,’ and the box on the hand is placed on the left hand, above the elbow. The box ‘before the eyes’ is placed above the forehead. The four biblical texts, written on one piece of parchment, are placed in the box on the hand. In the box on the forehead there are four compartments, one for each of the four texts. Detailed rules are also laid down for the putting on of the tefillin, and special benedictions are recited when they are being put on.​

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
(Letsgofishing;48452)
Stigmata Is when a person develops Jesus's crucification wounds on their body. It is a sign that the person has led a very holy life. I personally believe that while it is real, there have been many people who have faked it. But I believe some have been very real. For example the stigmata of Saint Francis of Assisi. Why is this important to me? well three years ago when I first really believed, I asked God to give me a sign, at the end of my life, that He approved of what I have done with my life, a sign that I had been a faithful servant. the sign I meant was clear.I asked God that if I had been a " good and faithful servant" on my last day he would give me this stigmata. And I feel, even though I won't know until the day I get to heaven, or on my last day. That he said yes. Radical prayer huh??
"30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."That is my advice to you.I tell you brother, I have been in many different kinds of churches. I've been to baptist, methodist, presbyterian, four square, pentecostal, and all sorts of non-denominational churches. I've seen the Holy Spirit do a lot of interesting things.I figure if He wants to give you marks on your body. He SURE WELL CAN.I mean Look at what the Holy Spirit can do!!He turned Samson into the incredible hulk!!Judges 14:5-6"So Samson went down to Timnah with his father and mother, and came to the vineyards of Timnah. Now to his surprise, a young lion came roaring against him. 6 And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he tore the lion apart as one would have torn apart a young goat, though he had nothing in his hand. But he did not tell his father or his mother what he had done."But please focus on the Kingdom first. That is what is most important; everything else will fall into place
biggrin.gif

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(cronnie36;48408)
We've already been through this. LGF is well aware about the whole worshiping Marry thing. >.>As for stigmata. It has nothing to do with faith or salvation. I think it's just stupid.

Alistein

May 4, 2008
I don't beleive the scripture supports anything of such. I see no reason why God would give anyone such marks they are Christ claim of victory over death why would anyone have it. Also in the book of Revelations Christ mentions of gifts for the faithful in the first 3 chapters and there is nothing like wounds given certainly non of the disciples had it. Finally it sounds to me like this concept of stigmata favors salvation by works instead of by grace.

truth_seeker

Mar 26, 2008
(Letsgofishing;48452)
Stigmata Is when a person develops Jesus's crucification wounds on their body. It is a sign that the person has led a very holy life.
- crucifixion & stigmata is not the same thing. so, notice the word stigmata and the events of a stigmata is a man-made invention, not a doctrine taught from the bible- are you absolutely sure that stigmata is a sign that a person has led a very holy life? i've never heard such teaching from the bible that says... "thou shall say, the sign of stigmata is a sign that proves you've lived a holy life". on the contrary, the bible actually teaches us not to look for signs, and the bible helps us to live a holy life, and with the brain god has given us, we're smart enough to know that we are leading a holy life, even i can see that YOU are living a holy life. can't you determine that you're self, or do you need a sign to prove it?"He who has ears, let him hear … he who has a brain, let him also think!" (Letsgofishing;48452)
I personally believe that while it is real, there have been many people who have faked it. But I believe some have been very real. For example the stigmata of Saint Francis of Assisi.
even if it is real, are we absolutely sure this is a revelation from god? do we have scripture to support this thing called stigmata? i haven't found any(Letsgofishing;48452)
Why is this important to me? well three years ago when I first really believed, I asked God to give me a sign, at the end of my life, that He approved of what I have done with my life, a sign that I had been a faithful servant. the sign I meant was clear.I asked God that if I had been a " good and faithful servant" on my last day he would give me this stigmata. And I feel, even though I won't know until the day I get to heaven, or on my last day. That he said yes.
bro, be careful, this is why people probably get the stigmata in the first place. there is no such teaching from the bible about stigmata. do you really need to prove to yourself that you're accepted by god & living holy by god by a stigmata? can't you accept that you are living a holy life? even i can see that you are. i can see a tremoundous amount of love to god from you.remember, no signs or actions no matter how great, supernatural or big they are can connect us to god, made us acceptable to god, or even prove we're leading a holy life. only jesus' blood did that and god's word can do that, and we're smart enough to know we're living a holy life with the wisdom god has given us. why do you think god gave us a brain, brother? lol it's such a simple teaching, so why do you put your faith in stigmatas or signs?