Strive To Be Holy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Thankful1 - you arrived about the same time as a member called The Word was banned for posting the exact same heresy you are posting - is he a relative of yours?

Aspen, are you part of management, that you canaccuse people of heresy with out offering any scriptural proof? What you are doing is very nasty, and UNChristian.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, are you part of management, that you canaccuse people of heresy with out offering any scriptural proof? What you are doing is very nasty, and UNChristian.

Christians sin - here's some verses:

[sup]Romans 7[/sup]

[sup]21[/sup] So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. [sup]22[/sup]For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; [sup]23[/sup] but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. [sup]24[/sup] What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? [sup]25[/sup] Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[sup][d][/sup] a slave to the law of sin.

I noticed you did not answer the question, Thankful - or is it, The Word?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Christians sin - here's some verses:

[sup]Romans 7[/sup]

[sup]21[/sup] So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. [sup]22[/sup]For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; [sup]23[/sup] but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. [sup]24[/sup] What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? [sup]25[/sup] Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[sup][d][/sup] a slave to the law of sin.

I noticed you did not answer the question, Thankful - or is it, The Word?

Aspen, I thought you told us that you havestudied for the ministry. What Bibledid you use?

You have to understand the Paul used Romansseven to explain that one who is not spiritual cannot ever defeat Satan/sin.Paul goes on in Romans eight to tell us that when one becomes spiritual he orshe will no longer sin.

(Galatians 5:16) “Letme put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger ofyielding to self-indulgence....”.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Ahhh, so now we call the Apostle Paul not spiritual in order to prove our points...

What do you think your doing? I believe you know what I was saying, andyet you put words in my mouth to say something else?

Just remember: (1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because thedevil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appearedwas to destroy the devil's work”

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen, I thought you told us that you havestudied for the ministry. What Bibledid you use?

You have to understand the Paul used Romansseven to explain that one who is not spiritual cannot ever defeat Satan/sin.Paul goes on in Romans eight to tell us that when one becomes spiritual he orshe will no longer sin.

(Galatians 5:16) “Letme put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger ofyielding to self-indulgence....”.

Paul is describing himself as a Christian in this passage. I have never claimed that I was studying for the ministry

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Paul is describing himself as a Christian in this passage. I have never claimed that I was studying for the ministry

Paul was explaining that before the Holy Spiritpossesses one there is no way one can defeat Satan/sin.

I am sorry, but hadunderstood you to say that you were a minister in a different denomination thenthe Catholic Church. My mistake, forgive me.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was explaining that before the Holy Spiritpossesses one there is no way one can defeat Satan/sin.

I am sorry, but hadunderstood you to say that you were a minister in a different denomination thenthe Catholic Church. My mistake, forgive me.

1 John 2:1
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will notsin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
[font="Verdana][size="2"]1 John 2:1
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will notsin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.[/size][/font]

(1 John 3: 3 - 9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray; to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy; to lead a sinful life is to belong to the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1 John 3: 3 - 9) “Surely everyone who entertains this hope must purify himself, must try to be as pure as Christ. Any one who sins at all breaks the law, because to sin is to break the law. Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him. My children do not let anyone lead you astray; to live a holy life is to be holy just as He is holy; to lead a sinful life is to belong to the Devil, since the Devil was a sinner from the beginning. It was to undo all that the Devil has done that the Son of God appeared. No one who has been begotten by God sins: because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

So is the verse I offered a lie?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
So is the verse I offered a lie?

No if it was it would be John lying. What people don’t understand is that people become baptized in Jesus name, and are as Paul says infants in Christ. They are not yet spiritual. Those people will sin, because they are not yet spiritual. Those people need an advocate with the father. When a person becomes spiritual and comes to know God he or she will not sin.

You see a person need to become spiritual tocome to know God

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ. What I fed you with was milk,not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual. Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

A person is baptized in the name of Jesus afterhe or she accepts Jesus as their Lord and God. They then receive the Holy Spirit.

(Acts 2:38-39) “You must repent, Peter answered and everyone of you must be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise that was made is for you and your children, and for all those who are far away, for all those whom the Lord our God is calling to himself.”

The Holy Spirit will teach one to live the whole Word of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Now a person is a temple of God. There is no sin in God’s home.

Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me,‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name,cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
[font="Verdana][size="2"]1 John 2:1
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will notsin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.[/size][/font]

"Aspen's scripture is damaging to my claims, let me just ignore it and post some taken-out-of-context stuff and never look at nor consider actual scripture contrary to my claim"