Struggling with same-sex attraction (I need help)...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would God make you gay then force you to be straight.
Why did God make people with so many different measures of intelligence, skill and ambition; or the lack thereof?

Why did God place people in so many settings, with plenty of money, lots of opportunity, with struggling parents, with evil parents, etc.; or the opposite of those indicated?

Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Darya24

There is a solution to your struggle.. and it's this, reconcile yourself back to God having faith in Jesus, by confessing all sins and repenting of those sins, it won't happen over night.. but if your sincere in doing this, you'll receive the holy spirit who will convict you of this sin, and free you from it.. in Jesus's name.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hello everyone!
*I apologize for the length of my text I'm going to write and for the eventual grammar mistakes*
I've been experiencing same-sex attraction since I first learned about sex. At first I didn't want to acknowledge the fact that I may be a lesbian but as time went by, I began to understand and accept the way I am (I didn't really believe in God back then, even though my parents have always been very faithful).
Now that I sort of believe in God I know that homosexuality is a sin (difficult to accept tho, since I can't see what's so wrong about it), but I'm stuck between wanting and not wanting to get rid of it. On the one hand, men are so not my type! I can't even picture myself holding hands with one, let alone kissing him or having intercourse with him...
However, girls are so soft! I REALLY wish I were a man, I'd be the best boyfriend ever and she'd be the happiest woman!
One the other hand, I am aware of the impossibility of me becoming I man, so I must stop fantasizing! Sometimes life feels so unfair it makes me cry (and I am the type who rarely cries). Why?? Why did I have to be born a woman?? This body from which I can't escape makes me unable to express myself!! I will need love in my life and I won't be able to get it...
I wish I woud become aromantic and asexual! That's one of my biggest desires! What should I do? :((
I will appreciate every piece of advice from anyone!
Just know that there is nothing wrong with you. Attractions to other females is how you were made and is as natural as being heterosexual. Maybe a secular counselor would be a good start to talk about your emotions etc. Just a thought.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just know that there is nothing wrong with you. Attractions to other females is how you were made and is as natural as being heterosexual. Maybe a secular counselor would be a good start to talk about your emotions etc. Just a thought.

There is something wrong and she knows it. Which is why she came here in the first place. It is a shame she is met with people like you who encourage her to remain in her condition when she is seeking Jesus Christ.

May the Lord reward you for your advice. (Matt. 18:3-6)

Stranger

Last edited:

Blues State

Jan 24, 2022
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m a man that is at times attracted to women other than my wife. Do I act on the those attractions? Oh hell no. I throw those thoughts down on the ground. Give your heart and life to Christ first and then with his help work on your sins.

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan
' Seek the Lord while He may be found, call you upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to the Lord , and He will have mercy upon him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.' Isaiah 55:6-7

You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. What is impossible for man and woman is possible with God.

Apostle

Jul 5, 2022
Lagos
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Hello everyone!
*I apologize for the length of my text I'm going to write and for the eventual grammar mistakes*
I've been experiencing same-sex attraction since I first learned about sex. At first I didn't want to acknowledge the fact that I may be a lesbian but as time went by, I began to understand and accept the way I am (I didn't really believe in God back then, even though my parents have always been very faithful).
Now that I sort of believe in God I know that homosexuality is a sin (difficult to accept tho, since I can't see what's so wrong about it), but I'm stuck between wanting and not wanting to get rid of it. On the one hand, men are so not my type! I can't even picture myself holding hands with one, let alone kissing him or having intercourse with him...
However, girls are so soft! I REALLY wish I were a man, I'd be the best boyfriend ever and she'd be the happiest woman!
One the other hand, I am aware of the impossibility of me becoming I man, so I must stop fantasizing! Sometimes life feels so unfair it makes me cry (and I am the type who rarely cries). Why?? Why did I have to be born a woman?? This body from which I can't escape makes me unable to express myself!! I will need love in my life and I won't be able to get it...
I wish I woud become aromantic and asexual! That's one of my biggest desires! What should I do? :((
I will appreciate every piece of advice from anyone!

*From The Apostle's Desk ✍️ 06/07/2022*
TOPIC : *RIGHTEOUSNESS IS FRAGRANCE.*
Fragrance is a pleasant smell or aroma. When you see someone putting on a pleasant perfume you want to perceive it. Sometimes, you can summon courage to ask for the name or brand.
Righteousness is like fragrance. If you put on righteousness and appear in a place, everyone just want to know you, bless you, favour you, and want to be your friend.
*1Corinthians 2:14-15 "Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place. For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing."*
Hallelujah! It is true, very true sir. I was somewhere to preach one time in the midst of young boys smoking away destiny with marijuana. When I started preaching, one after the other they put off their smoke and dropped it on floor and stepped on it. And God had His way that day. Praise God!
Check yourself, if you lack favour daily and help you are not putting on righteousness. Joseph became prosperous because God was with him. Righteousness connote the presence of God wherever you go. God has never blessed anyone outside righteousness. Abraham became great, why? Righteousness. And so many others.
When you begin to compare yourself with sinners you have lost your identity as a believer. *As long as you celebrate iniquity, you are not a candidate for prosperity.* Unrighteousness will keep a man on the same spot. A walk with God is not a game. You are either ready to be straight or remain dented.
Nothing causes to flourish like righteousness. Remove righteousness from the gospel then it has lost it value. Practical righteousness is fundamental requirement to getting to heaven. *Redemption without righteousness, Christianity is fake.*
Hear this sir/
ma, the end time church will humble the pride of the world by the power of righteousness.
As you go to that office, school, business, class etc daily, put on righteousness.
*If you join them in the pleasure of sin, you will will also join them in the prize of failure which includes suffering and regret.*
The purpose of carnality is to rob you of eternity. Embrace righteousness.
For more information, prayer and counseling contact me at : [email protected]
WhatsApp: +2348030972780
APOSTLE PETER UBA
...Enforcing The Will of God.
Please share

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think the writer of the OP has been on the forum since March 2019 …..I wonder how they are getting on.
Rita
Hi @Rita the thread is still open and has never been closed. Sometimes people will do a Google search relating to a specific topic and if there are any threads here about they can join in that discussion.
Until it is deleted or closed it remains open for a long time. I don't know if the owner has a set program that archives or deletes threads after a certain time. I can still open and read threads as far back as 2014.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Rita the thread is still open and has never been closed. Sometimes people will do a Google search relating to a specific topic and if there are any threads here about they can join in that discussion.
Until it is deleted or closed it remains open for a long time. I don't know if the owner has a set program that archives or deletes threads after a certain time. I can still open and read threads as far back as 2014.
Oh how sad , I have just noticed that they are from the Ukraine. X

Status
Not open for further replies.