Subforum Suggestion-sign gifts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
As much as I like the idea regarding this particular subject, I think going down the road to forum segregation may not be the best idea, at least not site wide. Once "the door" was opened for segregation there, there'd be no stopping numerous others from wanting their own safe zones... and I'm not sure we need safe zones for everything under the sun. People should be able to question what is being said and taught.

@Mayflower, @Devin Wintch, @Willsmith00. Sorry for dampening the enthusiasm, guys, but segregation has its down sides as well.
Did you mean to quote someone else?

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
My main concern is with providing a platform for false doctrine. IMO It would be better to have no forum at all if false doctrines can be posted and no one be allowed to speak against them.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you make a specific OP and can handle initial disagreement without being dragged down a tangent argument, the rules could be employed against those trying to hijack the thread and send it in another direction.

The key is not getting dragged into those side arguements, which makes the thread chaotic. Out of fairness I'll not silence someone's direct response, effectively giving someone a soapbox.

So let things slide, or say your not discussing it here, or something to that effect. But don't try to "for example" disprove cessationism, because you open the door.

And that is a fair enough answer. I am definitely learning on CB how to discuss things nicely, stay on topic, be more assertive in addressing others...

I see the points on the dangers of segregating topics also. Though I would say very seldom someone changes their views from a forum. I just see arguing. Lol! Then complaining about the arguing. Repeat. :D and it does get tiring. But yeh...false doctrine "safe havens," I see your point. Hadnt thought about that.

There are a lot of different opinions and beliefs on things here. I get firmer in what I believe for sure. I just don't have all the answers and don't want to set out to "prove" everything. More and more I stay in the community fellowship portions and Bible study area. Less hot potato there. I have been a lot happier about it and growing spiritually with a spirit of praise and likemindedness in areas. Some things I believe not because I am skilled at debate and know a million scriptures, but the Holy Spirit just puts revelation on my heart about it. I get confused by things and then anxious about being wrong. Sad things in the world right now mainly...and only God knows all what is going on. Then you just get some who just tell you how wicked you are in scriptures just for thinking news on smart glass toilets is better then the rest of the news happening right now. :confused:

But in like praise and worship areas, I see the good fruits and taste of God's goodness. I just like to talk about Gods goodness and the things He has done. And some things may be controversial, but like someone spoke tongues and someone interpreted in church Sunday about pressing into God, and that encouraged me big time. I just asked God last week about wanting to see something like that, and it happened. God answers prayers and is so AMAZING. That was really encouraging to me.

So maybe Ill start some topics in spirituality. And just keep my eyes focused and encourage others who feel the same way I do. Not fall into bait traps. It just kills the spirit of awe inspired amazement if people imply your experiences as false.

Reactions: dev553344

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought it would be nice to have a sign gifts safe haven somewhere to discuss like tongues/dreams/visions/healings/ etc. Without the debate/discussion of if it is for today or not/who it is from etc.

They hate safe havens here, they want consist fighting and bickering here. The fighting and bickering make them very happy

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They hate safe havens here, they want consist fighting and bickering here. The fighting and bickering make them very happy

I do not see that at all. And I honestly do not see as much fighting and bickering since Ive looked for all the good. Way more good here, because God is in this place. Everything He touches is good. He makes all things new. CB has good mods and this is a good board.

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some people so dead-set about anything supernatural they will tell you anything out of the ordinary has either passed away or is never coming - or has been FAKED somehow.

Grunt Hemlock

Feb 25, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't get to his profile, and won't be so presumptuous as to copy/paste the sig without historyb's permission, but the signature touches on SEVERAL items that I have opinions on - and prayers to/for the dead are an item I am open about.

As far as a Sign Gifts SAFE HOUSE - I may just MAKE ONE anyway.

Administration's concern that it not be a platform for Bad Doctrine is a valid concern - so we'll be careful.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't get to his profile, and won't be so presumptuous as to copy/paste the sig without historyb's permission, but the signature touches on SEVERAL items that I have opinions on - and prayers to/for the dead are an item I am open about.

As far as a Sign Gifts SAFE HOUSE - I may just MAKE ONE anyway.

Administration's concern that it not be a platform for Bad Doctrine is a valid concern - so we'll be careful.

And I think that is what I was thinking of. Like Id start a convo, but relatively new still to the signs gifts, and so no, I can't just start proving them with tons of scriptures. My beliefs aren't baseless, but not something I am ready to debate a cessationist about. Just like a new Christian when they come to Christ. Just some things you got to learn more from the eyes of other believers one precept at a time, before building on that. I know there are scriptures supporting my experiences. It just isn't all black and white like some things I know frontward and backward. I love to hear experiences and scriptures from others who believe in them. Because the Holy Spirit shows me this is true