Suggestion: About arguments in this forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lastsecman

Nov 8, 2006
The Bible said that Christians should not argue.'But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.'Arguing with other people is strife.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
But we are aloud to disagree and speak the truth. We are humans only, so sometimes people might get a bit angry. But I do agree with you, if we can do it peacefully it would be better. Jesus Himself was to the point many times, even He got angry, it was righteous anger though. And let's not forget that there is forgiveness.:pray:God Bless,Thunder1

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
agreed Thunder1 Any parent knows that Love sometimes means correction just as Jesus often got angry and corrected the apsoles. Getting to the truth of his Word often takes stripping away the lies menhave spread.If this takes debating to accomplish this IT is love letting someone stay in darkness is not Christ like nor is what God wants. You think the two wittness's are going to be listening to Satan because its not nice to argue. If so you are wrong !arguing the truth of Gods Word over lies of men is following after the way of Christ

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
Am also not sure how to equate asking whether a message from God (a prophet speaking to us) is true, to arguing about what is true about a message that we all already agree is from God. It is not the same thing.Personally do NOT see myself as coming here speaking as a prophet to fellow Christians.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Well everyone kind of took what I was going to say
smile.gif
hahaBut great post
smile.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I missed something here. Where was there any arguing? Never mind. Maybe I don't really want to know.I debate people at times and show them scripture why I believe as I do and tell it to them as it is, but I would not consider that arguing.

Leviathan

Jan 18, 2008
I dont think everyone has the same outlook on arguing. However i think for christians who are coming together on a forum to talk about their lord, any disagreement they have could actually be good. We learn from each other and from people who simply know more than we do. If someone knows more he should share it and if the person has a disagreement when the person shares his knowledge, then this will simply end up in an all around educational informal disagreement. However if anyone knows of someone deliberately putting down the word of god or a fellow christian, it should be reported.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(DrBubbaLove;32876)
Am also not sure how to equate asking whether a message from God (a prophet speaking to us) is true, to arguing about what is true about a message that we all already agree is from God. It is not the same thing.Personally do NOT see myself as coming here speaking as a prophet to fellow Christians.
Who said anything about prophets? We are talking disagreements on scripture sometimes its as simple as one not understanding the context properly and other Christains helping one another understand it better.

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
I agree Levithan. I am glad that we are able to have Christian discussions here ... If I read something that is said and I don't understand what they mean . I pray about it then God guides me .... I wanted to add this scripture( I hope you you are blessed by reading it)I certainly was:) 1 Peter 3:15(KJV)But sanify the Lord God in your hearts:and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear .:grouphug:s

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Thanks for the verse lookin'4ward God truly has an answer for everything:) I added it to my signature

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
(kriss;32961)
Who said anything about prophets? We are talking disagreements on scripture sometimes its as simple as one not understanding the context properly and other Christains helping one another understand it better.
The OP did by reference to 1 CR 14. Was just saying that I do not see the relationship between what we do here and what Paul said about speaking (prophecy) in tongues. Agree that we sometimes help one another understand things. But a part of apologetics is to help us understand why we believe what we believe and help us be able to defend it. That would include areas where we do not all agree, so the presentation becomes an argument. Making the case should not become personal, but being able to defend it here helps one make the same case in real life.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(lastsecman;32831)
The Bible said that Christians should not argue.Let those who prophesy be by two or three. And let the others judge.So let the others judge themselves on wether what you said (posted) is true or false themselves. Do not argue to try to prove that your view is more correct than other people's views when someone disagrees with your views.Because it is an inappropriate act not approved by God.Because the true teachings from God are first first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated....'But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish. For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.'Arguing with other people is strife.
I understand your point now better when time has passed on. Arguing is strife. Some of the things here go around in circles. Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10