Survival Techniques Part 4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keira

Dec 2, 2008
I have been stocking up on tin foods as a result of what God has warned Jonathan Hansen about. Due to lack of funds I have been unable to buy other items I need to buy. I will suggest to persons who are interested in preparing to first start by reading the articles and reading about food storage amd water storage before you start doing anything. Then stock up on food and water. The next most important thing is to buy seeds and create a garden so you can grow vegetables or if you don't have space to create a garden you can buy potted plants to grow vegetables indoors. The next important thing persons can do if they can is to raise livestocks chicken, cows, goats....... Women need to ensure that they stock up on feminine products, medications, it would be great to have an emergency kit for the family. Perosns should also try and be debt free, have cash on hand and persons may need a credit card for emergency purposes. Persons need to plan properly with their families on what to do if the economy collapses, experts state that buying gold and silver is a wise thing to do so if the economy collapse as money could becoming worthless, persons can buy items specifically for bartering purposes if the economy collapses. As you can see there are many things that persons can do to prepare before hand.In terms of more serious disasters like a nuclear attack and biological and chemical terrorism persons need to read the articles and prepare as much as possible for that. Based on the warnings that God has given Jonathan Hansen if persons live in New York, Chicago, New Orleans, Washington D.C, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Florida or if they live near those areas they need to prepare seriously beforehand with their family on what action to take if a nuclear attack happens and if chemical biological attack happens. Some actions on what to take for a nuclear attack includes when they see a very very bright flash of light they should duck and cover immediately and stay down for about two minutes then they must get up and run to a safe area. Read the articles to know what area is safe to go to in the event of a nuclear attack and which place is unsafe to go to in the event of a nuclear attack. Another very very important thing to note is that for persons who don't live in or near those states that I mentioned they should still prepare fully in case it affects them as well. In the event of a nuclear attack beforehand persons should have a backpack big enough to hold essential items such as enough food, water, medications, flashlight, radio, maps, cell phones that can work if the cell towers are unable to work anymore (all these are very very important to have) a copy of the articles that can guide you in case of a nuclear attack. Please note that you should read the articles beforehand periodically because if you don't and you try to read it for the first time in the midst of a crisis it can be very confusing to you and you may end up doing what you are not supposed to do. It is best to keep a backpack with all the necessary items for each member of the family and even if possible three or more extra backpacks so if you have a family of five you can buy five backpacks one for each member of the family. If a family has a mom and dad with their three children for example the mom and dad can equally keep the backpacks so the mom could keep two backpacks the dad could keep three. Two backpacks can be kept at home at a certain spot, two backpacks could be kept in the car (two in the mom's car, two in the dad's car). Two backpacks can be kept at the office so the mom can keep two in her office near her if she can and the dad could keep two in his office near him if he can. Also inform your children about what to do if they see a very very bright flash of light and the safest place they can go in case a nuclear attack happens.Please note that if you don't read the articles beforehand you may be very confused on what to do because of what is going on. There are other items that you need in your backpack. I am no expert so please read the articles so you can best prepare.Also I strongly strongly advice every person to prepare as much as they can. An economic collapse could cause a lack of food and water and other essential items. God has warned Jonathan Hansen that if America does not repent and turn to Jesus Christ the stock market will collapse, there will be civil unrest, social security will collapse, there will be natural disasters (earthquakes, red tides etc), nuclear attack, biological and chemical attack terrorism, Mount Rainer will erupt etc.Please shares these articles with your friends, families, neighbours, church members, co workers etc so they can also have the opportunity of hearing God's warnings and preparing for it.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
thankyou for you reply, as i have read proverbs 30;25 and this has been made very clear to me..i have material for many shelters[100s] also many other things. i am only one person in many. i believe things will be far greater dismay then people realise and will not hear gods voice .sure they believe in jesus and will be in the kingdom when he comes.but for me it is about the dismay that comes before ..to stand up for christ may sound easy when we are in fairly good times..i do believe in preparing and do not think it is a lack of faith to do so. i hope your efferts will help many and help reduce the panic in your own life..one thing i can till you and please do not get me wrong....i am not a sda...but i do know the sabbath is important not only to the fact of trying to be blessed by it but not to be decieved by the other...the other will only lead people in the dismay because of ignorance..and will see the suffering of it..this is hard to have people understand because of there stubborness....any ways pepareing a good thing ...QUOTE (Keira @ Mar 21 2009, 07:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71159
I have been stocking up on tin foods as a result of what God has warned Jonathan Hansen about. Due to lack of funds I have been unable to buy other items I need to buy. I will suggest to persons who are interested in preparing to first start by reading the articles and reading about food storage amd water storage before you start doing anything. Then stock up on food and water. The next most important thing is to buy seeds and create a garden so you can grow vegetables or if you don't have space to create a garden you can buy potted plants to grow vegetables indoors. The next important thing persons can do if they can is to raise livestocks chicken, cows, goats....... Women need to ensure that they stock up on feminine products, medications, it would be great to have an emergency kit for the family. Perosns should also try and be debt free, have cash on hand and persons may need a credit card for emergency purposes. Persons need to plan properly with their families on what to do if the economy collapses, experts state that buying gold and silver is a wise thing to do so if the economy collapse as money could becoming worthless, persons can buy items specifically for bartering purposes if the economy collapses. As you can see there are many things that persons can do to prepare before hand.In terms of more serious disasters like a nuclear attack and biological and chemical terrorism persons need to read the articles and prepare as much as possible for that. Based on the warnings that God has given Jonathan Hansen if persons live in New York, Chicago, New Orleans, Washington D.C, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Florida or if they live near those areas they need to prepare seriously beforehand with their family on what action to take if a nuclear attack happens and if chemical biological attack happens. Some actions on what to take for a nuclear attack includes when they see a very very bright flash of light they should duck and cover immediately and stay down for about four minutes then they must get up and run to a safe area. Read the articles to know what area is safe to go to in the event of a nuclear attack and which place is unsafe to go to in the event of a nuclear attack. Another very very important thing to note is that for persons who don't live in or near those states that I mentioned they should still prepare fully in case it affects them as well. In the event of a nuclear attack beforehand persons should have a backpack big enough to hold essential items such as enough food, water, medications, flashlight, radio, maps, cell phones that can work if the cell towers are unable to work anymore (all these are very very important to have) a copy of the articles that can guide you in case of a nuclear attack. Please note that you should read the articles beforehand periodically because if you don't and you try to read it for the first time in the midst of a crisis it can be very confusing to you and you may end up doing what you are not supposed to do. It is best to keep a backpack with all the necessary items for each member of the family and even if possible three or more extra backpacks so if you have a family of five you can buy five backpacks one for each member of the family. If a family has a mom and dad with their three children for example the mom and dad can equally keep the backpacks so the mom could keep two backpacks the dad could keep three. Two backpacks can be kept at home at a certain spot, two backpacks could be kept in the car (two in the mom's car, two in the dad's car). Two backpacks can be kept at the office so the mom can keep two in her office near her if she can and the dad could keep two in his office near him if he can. Also inform your children about what to do if they see a very very bright flash of light and the safest place they can go in case a nuclear attack happens.Please note that if you don't read the articles beforehand you may be very confused on what to do because of what is going on. There are other items that you need in your backpack. I am no expert so please read the articles so you can best prepare.Also I strongly strongly advice every person to prepare as much as they can. An economic collapse could cause a lack of food and water and other essential items. God has warned Jonathan Hansen that if America does not repent and turn to Jesus Christ the stock market will collapse, there will be civil unrest, social security will collapse, there will be natural disasters (earthquakes, red tides etc), nuclear attack, biological and chemical attack terrorism, Mount Rainer will erupt etc.Please shares these articles with your friends, families, neighbours, church members, co workers etc so they can also have the opportunity of hearing God's warnings and preparing for it.

Keira

Dec 2, 2008
Thank you for your sharing your thoughts bullfighter. Preparation has helped to lessen my fears. I think of it this way, it is better for me to deal with my fears now and to prepare now as much as I can rather than something happening suddenly and me not being prepared for it. And I have to remind myself that despite what the future may bring God is in control and that God truly loves us all.I have another link below with information on what to do if a nuclear attack is imminent.http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I live in a distant suburb of a metropolitan area in the NE.US. If a national cataclysm does happen it is one thing to have a plan, another thing to implement it. Since myself and my wife are somewhat disabled I have abandoned the "bug out first" concept and have come up with a stay at home survival plan. It's rather simple.

An old coal cellar has been converted into a long term storage pantry with enough food to take a family of 4 through at least 2 months of solitary confinement. Water is not a problem either. And since most of the population of the area will either make a run for it or turn into the filthy mobs they really are the best idea is to stay put and establish a perimeter around the home. And by perimeter I mean a live fire zone.

If an individual or a family is hungry and wander through, we will feed them (hopefully some barter) and send them on their way (I am not going to be a bed and breakfast for refugees). But hey, they are just looking to get some food for crying out loud, those folks I have no beef with.

For the mobs that will be looting and pillaging early on there will be a warning called out from my bullhorn to go elsewhere. I am on a bit of a rise and have good line of site for hundreds of meters around. I can button up the house fairly tight (it is brick and old) and have several access points where I can get 120 degree line of site for my firearms.

I have no doubt (given the neighborhoods close by) that some hooligans will test my resolve. The bodies I drop will remain there and that will become my early warning boundary. A circle of corpses (it only takes a few) will serve to keep most of the cowardly mobs away. Since we are off the beaten path a little bit I don't think the full scale exodus of people from the metro area will pass through our neighborhood so a few tense weeks and things will stabilize for the family.

The next steps are up to the rest of America. If the problem is worked out, our lives will slowly adjust to the "New" America, whatever form that takes.

But if the complete and total breakdown of all local, state, and federal authority is shattered, whomever is left in the neighborhood with legal claim to their property will be gathered and we will sit down and become our own new community. Time to start eking out a new existence altogether. We have plenty of woods for raw building materials if needed (not to mention whatever abandoned houses are still standing), surface mineable coal (I can do some smith work), a river with fish, and an abundance of local wildlife (deer, 'coon, squirrel, etc). Not far off are some farms I am sure we can begin to barter with to get food or equipment to begin our rebuilding.

It's one thing to read about preparedness on the web, it is another to actually start doing it. It is eye opening. The biggest thing I learned was to not stockpile more ammunition than we needed but to stockpile the components to make ammunition. I have over half a ton of lead squirreled away and now found a good way to safely store and hide gunpowder. A person with 10,000 rounds of ammo will eventually have zero ammo left. With molds, and a few simple tools we have unlimited ammo (lead is easily scrounged) and gunpowder can be made as well. Water is easy since I converted the lowest part of my property into a pond. And food is easily stored. All it takes is a little change of thinking, the effort is almost effortless.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some good thoughts here sweetie!

Since my country is in the "Ring of Fire," zone, we tend to be more on the alert for natural disasters than anything else. I live amongst sleeping giants and therefore have a two-fold plan prepared. One for staying and one for moving out. My area is covered in mountainous ranges, rivers and valleys so you can just disappear when necessity dictates. Shooting people is not an option for me...and if push comes to shove, I will not do that. Instead I would retreat into obscurity along with others that have joined my group of survivors. There is plenty to eat in the NZ forest and I have a good grasp of native plants, useful for healing, consumption and shelter building. I truly hope that it never comes to that but we live in dark days...

Blessings!!!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
I have a plan to try to avoid being the predator against the unruly mobs (I don't want to gun down unless it is absolutely necessary, but I will protect my family at all costs). I have clothes that closely match what the feds wear in times of civil unrest. If we are in a situation where the mobs are easily swayed by someone who appears to be in authority I will play that part and either direct them away from my homestead or, if we are on the move in vehicles, direct ourselves through whatever nasty bit of government sponsored terrorism is happening at the time (dress is wolves clothing to outwit the wolf).

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I would think that our govt would pool all their resources toward the inner cities, including the army. Outer city and isolated areas would have to be policed by Civil Defense [which I am involved with]. It would be a scary time but I know that God would give us the wisdom necessary when the time comes... :)

I like your plan re: wolves...[edited by the moderator]
I have removed this portion of conversation...just encase some young person happens by and gets any ideas. ;)

Bless ya!

X Sinner

Jun 7, 2012
Massachusetts
I'm an ex army ranger and MP. So Survival isn't much of a problem.
You can either be the hunter or the hunted.
But to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord.
As stated above by someone else, I would protect my family at ALL costs. I'm pretty laid back until my family or car ( takes family to church and Dr's Appointments ) is threatened. Then it's go time.