Sustainability in troubling times

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard, though, that you can't thrive on rabbit meat alone bc it isn't as nutrient dense as some other meats. Have you heard the same?
It's the fat content I reckon. The rabbit offers the leanest meat of all the wild game. Protein is great although without sufficient fat/ and or carbs you can literally starve just on rabbit alone......its' true

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rabbit meat and squirrel meat can be eaten as well .
As I recall brother, in A.F. Basic, and Tech school, we were served lot's of breaded and deep fried rabbit. It was not bad tasting.
I saw a man once shoot a squirrel (shocked me at the age of 12 and made me sad) Then he proceeded to do he necessary skinning and cleaning the poor thing. THAT, I could NOT watch. As I was in a different country and we were staying with this man and their family and ate meals together every day, I had the honor of watching him eat that squirrel, lol. There were a ton of tiny bones left over , not a lick of meat on any of them. Too much work for so little meat, lol!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the fat content I reckon. The rabbit offers the leanest meat of all the wild game. Protein is great although without sufficient fat/ and or carbs you can literally starve just on rabbit alone......its' true
That makes a lot of sense ....the fatty meats are best bc fat helps the body assimilate the nutrients.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That makes a lot of sense ....the fatty meats are best bc fat helps the body assimilate the nutrients.
I think the ingestion of flesh products of any kind is becoming riskier and riskier.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just wait till we see the HEAVENLY HOME CHRIST JESUS has prepared for us
OR even better , just wait till we see HIM FACE to face . RAISE THOSE HANDS
its LORD praising time in the building and round the world .
Our Home. That's right. And the lambs have a good ending. Those that endure to the end shall be saved.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard, though, that you can't thrive on rabbit meat alone bc it isn't as nutrient dense as some other meats. Have you heard the same?
I have heard and it has been said and written that man shall not live by bread alone but by every Word of the LORD .
Now lift those hands and praise the glorious Lord .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Just wondering how your garden is doing with Autumn's cooler temps? Did you can anything?

When I was a child in PA, our neighbor always made strawberry preserves.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ Just wondering how your garden is doing with Autumn's cooler temps? Did you can anything?

When I was a child in PA, our neighbor always made strawberry preserves.
It fizzled out bc we have been in a drought for over 2 months and physically, it became really difficult to drag a 100+ft hose all over an acre and a half. I still have flowers and need to harvest a few things like sweet potatoes. Still have tomatoes that are looking healthy and producing enough. I eat mostly animal proteins and animal fats ....very few veggies or fruits for now. I do a lot better eating limited amounts of food (varieties) ...keeps inflammation down.

Since my chiropractor told me 4 or 5 months ago that I need to take a few weeks off any significant physical activity (other than walking, cooking, and washing dishes, basically) to avoid needing shoulder/elbow surgeries ....and I pushed it for months for the sake (and joy) of having a garden .....I decided I'd better step back like she said and allow some healing in my body. So for the last couple of months, I've let my garden do its own thing. (sigh)

• Sad
Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It fizzled out bc we have been in a drought for over 2 months and physically, it became really difficult to drag a 100+ft hose all over an acre and a half. I still have flowers and need to harvest a few things like sweet potatoes. Still have tomatoes that are looking healthy and producing enough. I eat mostly animal proteins and animal fats ....very few veggies or fruits for now. I do a lot better eating limited amounts of food (varieties) ...keeps inflammation down.

Since my chiropractor told me 4 or 5 months ago that I need to take a few weeks off any significant physical activity (other than walking, cooking, and washing dishes, basically) to avoid needing shoulder/elbow surgeries ....and I pushed it for months for the sake (and joy) of having a garden .....I decided I'd better step back like she said and allow some healing in my body. So for the last couple of months, I've let my garden do its own thing. (sigh)
So sorry you are having health issues with your shoulder and elbow. If you find a certain position gives you trouble with them, try avoiding that position. I did that for one shoulder and it has improved immensely.

Reactions: amigo de christo

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry you are having health issues with your shoulder and elbow. If you find a certain position gives you trouble with them, try avoiding that position. I did that for one shoulder and it has improved immensely.
It's both shoulders and both elbows, actually. It is trauma-related from dislocations and such... a progression/product of costochondritis, Tietze Syndrome, and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (all trauma related). There isn't a position that relieves it. If I can go long enough without reinjury, AND not using my arms ...with good nutrition and supplements (of course, prayer) ...they get better. But it depends on a lot of factors ...one being safety.

Reactions: Debp