Synagogues and Christian Churches

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
(marksman;58714)
What I set out was how the NT church conducted itself in regards to leadership. I happen to believe that you can't pick and choose which bits of scripture you use for faith and practice. Therefore if what we do is not backed up by the general revelation of scripture, it is us that is wrong, not scripture. Having discussed the issue of leadership with many church leaders and read their teaching on the subject, it was very noticable that the most common approach was "let's find scripture or interpret scripture to justify that which is not scriptual." It was a case of this could mean this or it could mean that.I asked "What about the 17 verses that all say the same thing?"Reply, "Well of course it depends how you interpret those 17 verses?"Question "How can you interpret 17 verses that all have the same Greek word in each one?"Answer "Go away and don't bother us." (In other words, I would rather have tradition than the scrpiture).In nearly every case, they discussed what the denomination taught, not what the scripture taught. In every case, the denomination taught what was not in scripture.The denomination that I was in was appointing Elders contrary to scripture and I pointed this out to them. Their response was "We refuse to discuss this with you."
You have pointed out a sad truth. When I pointed out a tradition that was not supported by scriptures I got one truthful answer. -- Qoute, " I am paid by the church organization and if I am to continue to get paid, and if I expect to get retirement pay, I can't rock the boat" unquote.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Richard,If the truth were known, that is probably the prime motivation for most church leaders. That being the case, it is not surprised that the church gets the results it does. Basically nothing. In a survey carried out in the US only 1% of churches were growing. Retirement is not exactly a highly motivating factor to get out there and spoil satan's plans and disturbing everyone's comfort zone.