Take them and leave them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there

Charles A. Tindley
ca 1916

If the world from you withhold of its silver and its gold,
And you have to get along with meager fare,
Just remember, in His Word, how He feeds the little bird—
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.
Refrain:
Leave it there, leave it there,
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there;
If you trust and never doubt, He will surely bring you out—
If your body suffers pain and your health you can’t regain,
And your soul is almost sinking in despair,
Jesus knows the pain you feel, He can save and He can heal—
When your enemies assail and your heart begins to fail,
Don’t forget that God in Heaven answers prayer;
He will make a way for you and will lead you safely through—
When your youthful days are gone and old age is stealing on,
And your body bends beneath the weight of care;
He will never leave you then, He’ll go with you to the end—

My brother Gene is a 100%DAV and has had 11 surgeries and takes 18-20 meds a day to stay alive and sleeps on a breathing machine. How great are my burdens?

My brother Jimmy is a DAV and has only 40% kidney function due to diabetes and carries a bullet in his back. How great are my burdens compared to his?

My younger sister Judy has a rare form of debilitating arthritis and her hands are very deformed and has had surgeries placing steel pins in her toes and some fingers. She suffers when she sees people looking at her hands and whispering impolitely and cruelly. Her pain is indescribable. She must go monthly to the med center to take an infusion of drugs. Her daughter Cindy was afflicted with Down syndrome and died at 25. Yet my dear sister maintains her unshakable faith in God and works like a dog. How great are my burdens compared to hers?

I need a shoulder replaced and have needed it for the past ten years and pain is chronic. The bone spur on my humerus is half a thumb in size. Because of meds I can't have a bm without an enema. I have gout and peripheral neuropathy in my feet. The bones in the bottom of my foot feel like a bunch of acorns. I have many things in need of repair but am physically unable to work on them. Our daughter was killed at 15 by a drinking driver and we lost another baby. But how great are my burdens compared to Jesus?

My mother suffered from Lupus from the age of 25 and endured hospital stays, surgeries and the effects of high doses of prednisone. How great are my burdens compared to hers?

My father was stricken with a cerebral aneurysm in his early forties leaving him paralyzed on the right side of his body and speechless. His last words to me when he was stricken were "take care of your mother". Many times mama was in the hospital too, she in one and my father in the VA. He spent the remainder of his life in the VA, enduring sickness and even broken bones without even being able to relate his complaints. Even in her affliction my mother would visit him faithfully. He died there on a christmas eve. How great are my burdens compared to his?

These things are to impress how much we all need to lay all of it down at Jesus' feet, his cross, not to elicit pity. Everyone has afflictions they can describe. It's not the size or number of burdens that count but how many we can lay down.

Compare all this to what Jesus carried for us. He himself bore our sins and transgressions on the cross and with His stripes we are healed. He was wounded for our sins and was a man of sorrows and well acquainted with grief. Compared to His burdens how great are my burdens and how great are yours?

Take your burdens to the Lord and leave them there. It's the way He made for us.

Last edited:

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooner or later someone had to tell you the truth & it appears to be me.

Jesus was teaching what we now call the Old Testament to whomever would listen. The words He taught shed a bad light on the Jewish people and for this the local Rabbis convinced the Romans to kill Jesus; which they did.
:)-

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I copied it, put it in my file and send it to three people who need to hear and see this. :) Watched it 5 times.