Televangelist who blamed COVID-19 on premarital sex dies from virus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do remember hearing him sing before. Did they tip limo drivers then?? :)
Yes! The car belonged to the company so they received the lion's share of the basic rental fee paid by the passengers, but they took care of the car and kept it filled with gasoline. If I had to fill it on the road, I would turn in the receipt to be reimbursed. I received 20% of the gross which after taxes did not amount to a lot. We paid our rent and utilities out of that. From my tips each day, I would give most of them to my wife for her to buy groceries and necessities for the household and for our little son. [Our daughter was not born until after I started work for Social Security in Dec 1974.] Most people tipped me, but their generosity varied considerably.

Jim Nabors, after being in my car for a five day week, gave me about a half a dozen of his 33 1/3 LP vinyl records... but no cash at all. We were a bit short for groceries that week as he was my only customer. Usually I drove people back and forth mostly to the three major Bay Area airports [San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose] and had many customers every day six days a week. Without the tips my little family would have been in trouble.

Reactions: Nancy

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in those days it was just I rumor I had heard. No Internet and I did not read the magazines that would have given details on the lives of 'stars'. I really did not know it for certain until many years later when lots of people were openly admitting such things and the Internet was opening up.

The rumor I heard in the day was that he and Rock Hudson were lovers. Any truth to that?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! The car belonged to the company so they received the lion's share of the basic rental fee paid by the passengers, but they took care of the car and kept it filled with gasoline. If I had to fill it on the road, I would turn in the receipt to be reimbursed. I received 20% of the gross which after taxes did not amount to a lot. We paid our rent and utilities out of that. From my tips each day, I would give most of them to my wife for her to buy groceries and necessities for the household and for our little son. [Our daughter was not born until after I started work for Social Security in Dec 1974.] Most people tipped me, but their generosity varied considerably.

Jim Nabors, after being in my car for a five day week, gave me about a half a dozen of his 33 1/3 LP vinyl records... but no cash at all. We were a bit short for groceries that week as he was my only customer. Usually I drove people back and forth mostly to the three major Bay Area airports [San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose] and had many customers every day six days a week. Without the tips my little family would have been in trouble.

Bummer. But, I'm betting God provided regardless :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bummer. But, I'm betting God provided regardless :)
Oh yes, even though at the time we were not serving God, God knew what was in our future and kept his Hand on us in spite of some bad times. Give God the glory!