Terrifying dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have repeated dreams from God and they turn out to mean usually exactly what they are saying. I have fixed problems in my life because of it.

But the other day I slept on my back for the first time and when I did I had a dream from God. I looked up as if I was lying down in my bed as I was asleep. And I saw a great and almighty cloud above me filled with God Almighty rain. And I got the impression that the rain would come down with such fierceness as to collapse my roof.

Then I awoke. I was afraid to ask God for an interpretation as the Ukraine war was going on and I feared the dream to mean a nuclear bomb would destroy my home since I live next to a military base.

Any ideas?

Perhaps you think you already understand this dream, but since you asked I'll share with you what was given me. By your own words the dream was terrifying. What you saw in spirit, frightened you- in spirit. And what is seen in spirit is truth. The fact that you don't understand or don't remember or don't make the proper associations later in your waking hours doesn't change that truth you were shown in spirit. The feeling that remained remains true regarding what was impressed upon you.

And I saw a great and almighty cloud above me filled with God Almighty rain. And I got the impression that the rain would come down with such fierceness as to collapse my roof.

Do you recognize the words you chose to describe the experience? You likely wrote them without specifically choosing them, yet they are so very specific. "A great and almighty cloud above me filled with God Almighty rain."

If you want to understand, you need to begin with certain principles that provide a proper perspective. You might not accurately recall, but if there is any truth to what I am saying to you, these words will stir your soul and resonate within you. Take a few minutes to read the account recorded in Ezekiel 1 concerning this 'almighty cloud.'

As I looked, behold, a storm wind was coming from the north, a great cloud with fire flashing forth continually and a bright light around it, and in its midst something like glowing metal in the midst of the fire...

...As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking.

“Son of man, stand on your feet that I may speak with you!”

Reactions: dev553344

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What then, is this rain? This "God Almighty rain" that was gathering in the cloud, but for the moment held back? This rain so fierce that it might collapse your roof were it to fall?

Have you considered it? Have you understood that He causes the rain to fall on both the righteous and unrighteous alike?

It comes or it is held back for a time by His will, seasonal or sudden- by His will and at His command. It is judgment and it is life, at one moment refreshing, at another devastating. The key to understanding this rain is recognizing what it means to be 'in the cloud.'

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What then, is this rain? This "God Almighty rain" that was gathering in the cloud, but for the moment held back? This rain so fierce that it might collapse your roof were it to fall?

Have you considered it? Have you understood that He causes the rain to fall on both the righteous and unrighteous alike?

It comes or it is held back for a time by His will, seasonal or sudden- by His will and at His command. It is judgment and it is life, at one moment refreshing, at another devastating. The key to understanding this rain is recognizing what it means to be 'in the cloud.'
Actually I'm taking the dream literally now and consider it to mean mega flood. I had another vision or dream 20 years ago where I saw California under water for some of it's coastal regions: Acts 2:17-19 can anyone share their visions in the last days

Matthew 24:37-39

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I'm taking the dream literally now and consider it to mean mega flood. I had another vision or dream 20 years ago where I saw California under water for some of it's coastal regions: Acts 2:17-19 can anyone share their visions in the last days

Matthew 24:37-39

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

And tomorrow you might decide that it means a plague of locusts? In this single thread at various moments you have determined that this cloud of rain means wildly different things-

I feared the dream to mean a nuclear bomb would destroy my home since I live next to a military base.

Yes it appeared to be symbolic in meaning

I'm often scared by the Lord.

I think I'm starting to understand this dream

I think I got an answer from God on this dream. I've been working on a physics theory. I think it means God will pour out knowledge regarding the theory, but my mind will not be able to understand it. The water as a great rain falling is the spirit of knowledge, the gift of knowledge. And the roof is my mind, it will not be able to contain all the knowledge he will pour down upon me.

OK, after taking an honest look at my dream, I remember God's almighty powerful rain and me being in danger of my roof that I think it might have been a warning for me. I just got this news from the weather channel about mega floods that could strike the west coast.

But now you've determined that you should take it in a literal sense. Yet you didn't. In the dream there was no literal flood at all, in fact there wasn't even any rain that fell-- it was simply in the cloud (as you described) -what one might call 'potential' rain, though the way you related it was a cloud filled with God Almighty rain... omnipotential, if you will. The power of God Almighty in the cloud. That's how God is described throughout scripture. Many times. One flood. And after that one flood He promised never to flood the earth again in that manner. The verses you quote from Matthew are from a passage that records Jesus describing what it will be like in the last days. Read the whole chapter, read the chapter preceding to connect proper context. He was speaking about the sudden coming of what was to come. He was speaking about the signs of the times that point toward, but do not pinpoint that day. Don't miss it. If what terrifies you about your dream is the fear of a literal flood that is going to collapse your literal roof-- buy more home insurance. But that isn't what your dream was about.

Be well.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And tomorrow you might decide that it means a plague of locusts? In this single thread at various moments you have determined that this cloud of rain means wildly different things-

But now you've determined that you should take it in a literal sense. Yet you didn't. In the dream there was no literal flood at all, in fact there wasn't even any rain that fell-- it was simply in the cloud (as you described) -what one might call 'potential' rain, though the way you related it was a cloud filled with God Almighty rain... omnipotential, if you will. The power of God Almighty in the cloud. That's how God is described throughout scripture. Many times. One flood. And after that one flood He promised never to flood the earth again in that manner. The verses you quote from Matthew are from a passage that records Jesus describing what it will be like in the last days. Read the whole chapter, read the chapter preceding to connect proper context. He was speaking about the sudden coming of what was to come. He was speaking about the signs of the times that point toward, but do not pinpoint that day. Don't miss it. If what terrifies you about your dream is the fear of a literal flood that is going to collapse your literal roof-- buy more home insurance. But that isn't what your dream was about.

Be well.
Yes I speculated and it would appear I got it wrong to speculate. If I take the dreams literally and inline with scripture then both dreams mean mega floods. And that is what the scientists are warning about. So I will now go with that and not speculate anymore.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
...I got the impression that the rain would come down with such fierceness as to collapse my roof.I feared the dream to mean a nuclear bomb would destroy my home since I live next to a military base.
Any ideas?

Move home..:)
Seriously though, I live in Plymouth UK only a couple of miles from the Devonport naval base which is probably on Putin's and terrorists hit lists but it doesn't bother me because if it happens it happens, so why worry?.
Regarding the rain in your dream, it could mean a tsunami swamping your town if you live near the sea.
I live only 50 yards from the Atlantic and although a tsunami caused by an earthquake is unlikely here, an asteroid splashing in the sea could cause one, but again I don't worry.
Anyway I live on the 3rd floor so hopefully that'll be high enough to keep my feet dry..:)

Alternatively your dream could be a prophecy of a nuclear war, Iran has got a nuclear program but Trump stopped it, however when Biden got in he gave them permission to start it up again.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Move home..:)
Seriously though, I live in Plymouth UK only a couple of miles from the Devonport naval base which is probably on Putin's and terrorists hit lists but it doesn't bother me because if it happens it happens, so why worry?.
Regarding the rain in your dream, it could mean a tsunami swamping your town if you live near the sea.
I live only 50 yards from the Atlantic and although a tsunami caused by an earthquake is unlikely here, an asteroid splashing in the sea could cause one, but again I don't worry.
Anyway I live on the 3rd floor so hopefully that'll be high enough to keep my feet dry..:)

Alternatively your dream could be a prophecy of a nuclear war, Iran has got a nuclear program but Trump stopped it, however when Biden got in he gave them permission to start it up again.
Well I think the Lords return is near. And from what I've been reading in the bible he will return before the destruction hits to collect his saints. So I'm less worried. Cheers from the Pacific Northwest USA!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, after taking an honest look at my dream, I remember God's almighty powerful rain and me being in danger of my roof that I think it might have been a warning for me. I just got this news from the weather channel about mega floods that could strike the west coast. They predict mostly california, but that somewhat worries me about where I live:

Climate Change Has Increased Likelihood Of Catastrophic Flooding In California - Videos from The Weather Channel

Blessings devin. Back when you posted this dream, I knew what it meant. One member got moved out of that area. One member, wants to move back to that area. In both these cases, The Lord's hand is in it. One to move and one to prevent from moving. Storms have been forming off the coast of British Columbia and moving south, then coming on shore with a vengeance. The entry point is Washington or Oregon and occasionally California. These storms then race across the country causing havoc as they go. These are the ones you keep hearing on the news. My advise if you plan to stay there is to pay attention to the weather, and pray a prayer of faith when something severe is heading your way. This is the prayer, The Lord acts on. With me, The Lord has never failed concerning this, as He is faithful. Be Blessed!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings devin. Back when you posted this dream, I knew what it meant. One member got moved out of that area. One member, wants to move back to that area. In both these cases, The Lord's hand is in it. One to move and one to prevent from moving. Storms have been forming off the coast of British Columbia and moving south, then coming on shore with a vengeance. The entry point is Washington or Oregon and occasionally California. These storms then race across the country causing havoc as they go. These are the ones you keep hearing on the news. My advise if you plan to stay there is to pay attention to the weather, and pray a prayer of faith when something severe is heading your way. This is the prayer, The Lord acts on. With me, The Lord has never failed concerning this, as He is faithful. Be Blessed!
Thanks, yes I have had other revelations of lots of rain. I didn't really pay attention to it until the scientists started saying it could be true.

I think there is a lot of weather east of the mountains from the pacific northwest. And I'm glad to live here where so far it's been mild weather.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, yes I have had other revelations of lots of rain. I didn't really pay attention to it until the scientists started saying it could be true.

I think there is a lot of weather east of the mountains from the pacific northwest. And I'm glad to live here where so far it's been mild weather.
This is what they found in the northwest united states . That is MOTHZILLA my friend . The birds better be on gaurd around that thing .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it might be the case that we are indeed suffering from some global warming problem. But I cannot say for certain. I found this report in my weather channel news. You decide:

"In the last five weeks, five areas across the United States have all experienced what should have been very unlikely -- if not impossible -- one in 1,000-year flooding events." https://www.accuweather.com/en/seve...ear-flood-event-in-us-since-late-july/1236445

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read that there are wind gust expected tonight up to 50-60mph so it would appear that the original dream is related to this. I saw God powerful rains and was worried about my roof. If it brings down a tree I could be in trouble. I must have trust in the Lord.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read that there are wind gust expected tonight up to 50-60mph so it would appear that the original dream is related to this. I saw God powerful rains and was worried about my roof. If it brings down a tree I could be in trouble. I must have trust in the Lord.
A prayer of Faith He will hear, and He will act. These things are just the beginning. I remember years ago, kneeling down in my mobile home seeing the 90ft spruce trees bent over half way, and I simply said," need a little help here Lord" and the wind stopped and the trees returned to up right. We just need to ask and trust as He is so faithful. With the absence of being allowed to prophecy on Christian forums (But not in person), most in this country, and around the world, will be caught unaware of the things to come. But now, is the time to pay attention to the times. Now is the time to draw closer to The Lord and harken to His Voice. It is also time to pay attention to Jesus's warnings about these times. Let us all "watch" and not be found sleeping. Let us all be prepared to "stand" as our faith will be tested. Be Blessed Devin and stay safe.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prayer of Faith He will hear, and He will act. These things are just the beginning. I remember years ago, kneeling down in my mobile home seeing the 90ft spruce trees bent over half way, and I simply said," need a little help here Lord" and the wind stopped and the trees returned to up right. We just need to ask and trust as He is so faithful. With the absence of being allowed to prophecy on Christian forums (But not in person), most in this country, and around the world, will be caught unaware of the things to come. But now, is the time to pay attention to the times. Now is the time to draw closer to The Lord and harken to His Voice. It is also time to pay attention to Jesus's warnings about these times. Let us all "watch" and not be found sleeping. Let us all be prepared to "stand" as our faith will be tested. Be Blessed Devin and stay safe.
Thanks, the Lord has been encouraging me today that I'll be OK. Thanks for your encouragement also, refreshing.