Terrifying dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have repeated dreams from God and they turn out to mean usually exactly what they are saying. I have fixed problems in my life because of it.

But the other day I slept on my back for the first time and when I did I had a dream from God. I looked up as if I was lying down in my bed as I was asleep. And I saw a great and almighty cloud above me filled with God Almighty rain. And I got the impression that the rain would come down with such fierceness as to collapse my roof.

Then I awoke. I was afraid to ask God for an interpretation as the Ukraine war was going on and I feared the dream to mean a nuclear bomb would destroy my home since I live next to a military base.

Any ideas?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have repeated dreams from God and they turn out to mean usually exactly what they are saying. I have fixed problems in my life because of it.

But the other day I slept on my back for the first time and when I did I had a dream from God. I looked up as if I was lying down in my bed as I was asleep. And I saw a great and almighty cloud above me filled with God Almighty rain. And I got the impression that the rain would come down with such fierceness as to collapse my roof.

Then I awoke. I was afraid to ask God for an interpretation as the Ukraine war was going on and I feared the dream to mean a nuclear bomb would destroy my home since I live next to a military base.

Any ideas?
I think it's only natural for us to be concerned about what's happening between Russia and Ukraine, especially with all the threats Putin is spouting left, right and centre. We can't help but think about it - even subconsciously when we are asleep.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's only natural for us to be concerned about what's happening between Russia and Ukraine, especially with all the threats Putin is spouting left, right and centre. We can't help but think about it - even subconsciously when we are asleep.
This appeared to be the spirit of God above me. It was not like a dream at all. And I'm sure it was from God.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Any ideas?

In the days of Noah, the rain cleansed everything that opposed God.

The Bible also says that God sends rain on to the righteous and the wicked because He is merciful.

So rain can be a good thing.

But in my heart, rain represents God's Spirit being poured out. Maybe God wishes to pour out His Spirit on you. What this looks like depends on you as an individual. But perhaps your spiritual gifts may increase. Perhaps youll lay hands on the sick and see them recover.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the days of Noah, the rain cleansed everything that opposed God.

The Bible also says that God sends rain on to the righteous and the wicked because He is merciful.

So rain can be a good thing.

But in my heart, rain represents God's Spirit being poured out. Maybe God wishes to pour out His Spirit on you. What this looks like depends on you as an individual. But perhaps your spiritual gifts may increase. Perhaps youll lay hands on the sick and see them recover.
Yes it appeared to be symbolic in meaning and not like my repeating dreams which were all very literal. I like you're ideas.

Reactions: Wynona

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Any ideas?
Maybe the Lord is just pointing out that there is a lot of potential danger out there - it's always best to be on our best behavior.

Reactions: dev553344

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Any ideas?
This seems to me to be a dream to be excited about. The spirit of God was above you with what appears to be a storm cloud just about to pour down heavily but what if it is not a bad rain but a rain of blessing? What if he is going to pour his spirit down on you like pouring rain?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This seems to me to be a dream to be excited about. The spirit of God was above you with what appears to be a storm cloud just about to pour down heavily but what if it is not a bad rain but a rain of blessing? What if he is going to pour his spirit down on you like pouring rain?
The former and the latter rain!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I'm wondering about that. Like it will scare me. I'm often scared by the Lord. Fear is something I battle often when following the Lord.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never get dreams like that. If I got a dream about rain, it probably means I need to go to bathroom as soon as I wake up.

Come to think of it, I haven't had any dreams in the longest time.

"I hear her call, 'Sweet dreams!',
But I forgot how to dream.
" :(
(Carly Simon)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never get dreams like that. If I got a dream about rain, it probably means I need to go to bathroom as soon as I wake up.

Come to think of it, I haven't had any dreams in the longest time.

"I hear her call, 'Sweet dreams!',
But I forgot how to dream.
" :(
(Carly Simon)
Yes I get bathroom dreams often. I sometimes drink coffee later in the day and that always does it to me.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I remember one night long ago when I was invited to the Christian Reformed Church's worship team's practice. Afterwards, we had gathered around the grand piano and were worshipping the Lord. I saw the others with raised hands and closed eyes, so I copied them. All of a sudden, it felt like someone dumped a bucket of water on my head. I just started to react in fear, and I heard an inner voice say, "Relax, it's Me." Then I knew it was the Lord.
I also have had dreams that say, "Get up and go to the bathroom before you pee yourself!" Lol

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Any ideas?

Hi Devin. Dreams are interesting and I wish I could interpret them better. They often just leave me wondering.

But wanted to ask you about sleeping on your back. You said you slept on your back for the first time. Why is that?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Devin. Dreams are interesting and I wish I could interpret them better. They often just leave me wondering.

But wanted to ask you about sleeping on your back. You said you slept on your back for the first time. Why is that?
I feel restless when I try to sleep on my back and I naturally turn over to sleep. I also think it might relate to prayer. Face down to earth.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I feel restless when I try to sleep on my back and I naturally turn over to sleep. I also think it might relate to prayer. Face down to earth.

That might have something to do with it as well. Maybe you wouldn't have seen the cloud if you weren't facing up. Who knows. It might be worth sleeping on your back more if your going to have great dreams...

I can't sleep on my back cos my airways block and I wake up choking so I have to sleep on my side.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That might have something to do with it as well. Maybe you wouldn't have seen the cloud if you weren't facing up. Who knows. It might be worth sleeping on your back more if your going to have great dreams...

I can't sleep on my back cos my airways block and I wake up choking so I have to sleep on my side.
I did lucid dreaming exercises some many years ago. I saw Satan while I was awake in my dream state and he grabbed hold of the back of my neck as I flew out of the dungeon that I had seen him in. I woke up partially and could see my room and my neck was shaking violently.

Since then I can no longer sleep on my back. When I do I partially awake and my neck is shaking violently. I have to forcibly move my body to awake totally.

Lesson learned: don't try lucid dreaming exercises. But maybe I'll try to sleep on my back.