Texas about to execute innocent woman

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many injustices in the world.

Innocents really are being hurt or murdered by abortion,serial murder,domestic violence uncontrolled anger and rage, drunkedness, disputes,hate... ECT.

We obey the laws of the land or else WE bring trouble into our own lives.

Prayer can change the course of man at times. Hezekiah got 15 more yrs, the elements have been stopped including the sun and moon sooooooo I say prayer is our option!

Reactions: JohnPaul

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@T. E. Smith
Yeah I sit in the comfort of my air conditioned, house because I worked for it and am not a criminal, are you her lawyer do you have new evidence she didn’t kill bet innocent 2 year old child? Who will never have a chance to sit in a comfy air conditioned home because her
life was taken.

If she is on death row it’s because it was based on evidence and a jury’s unanimous decision. Oh and someone on here had the same experience, so you believe everything everyone tells you without proof or evidence, the reason this lady is on Death row is because there was proof and evidence, ask the person who claims to have gone through the same thing to show you evidence of her wrong incarceration and being put on death row. I bet you she can’t provide any, talk is cheap I can claim anything I want and there will be plenty of suckers who will believe it. They don’t just put people on death row for petty crimes and certainly not without a unanimous decision by the jury because of hard evidence.
I fully DISagree with you. The only thing they had to go on was a forced/coerced "confession."

In the case of my granddaughter, we had an abundance of evidence to prove my daughter had never abandoned her child... witnesses, phone logs, texts printed out proving her integrity as a mother, eye witnesses, etc ....and by law, they had to prove that she abandoned her child. That means no contact nor attempt to contact for a year. She had proof to the contrary and eye witnesses. The judge refused to look at the documentation or to hear eye witness accounts. Then he illegally... without my daughter's consent ... granted "adoption" to a cult family (the family who stole my granddaughter in the first place). Then he gets his little buddy (retired police officer) to put a bullet hole in my house (aimed at me as I was doing dishes). And to top that off, the police did nothing about that. And the one police who wrote up a report (after I ran across him a month later and told him about it) ....nearly lost his job for writing a report.

Now, tell me the courts aren't corrupt. I have proof to the contrary.

Last edited:
Reactions: T. E. Smith

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People talk big and spiritual, but it's all talk. Read the scripture. We aren't called to just talk... or even just to pray. If you pray and don't hear God directing you to some sort of action ....I doubt your relationship with Christ. DO SOMETHING.

T. E. Smith

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
@JohnPaul You keep repeating the same things. "What evidence shows she didn't kill her daughter?" "She was convicted by a judge and jury." As I have said, innocent until proven guilty, and you have failed to present a scrap of proof or evidence. Again, courts often make mistake s, I cited the example of a man convicted of arson. I'm done discussing this if you aren't going to listen. To repeat because it is so important: the law should not begin with someone proving their innocence. No, the courts have the obligation, to prove guilt. If they can't do that, the person ought to be declared innocent. This is the foundation of the rule of law. Oh, and you say her life was taken. Quit your slander, it occurred in a moving accident and could happen to your kid the next time you move. How awful Melissa must feel. Not only did her daughter die, which would be horrible enough, but then she was accused of murdering her and is about to die.

Reactions: TLHKAJ
Jan 24, 2022
Redding California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell God that you are sorry for any wrongdoings. Tell him that you accept his son Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world, and be sincere. If you make this affirmation in your heart, righteous writings and arguments are soon realized as earthly conventions. May God bless you and fill you with His Spirit!

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mariah Alvarez was born to Melissa Lucio and Robert Alvarez in September 2004. Mariah was Lucio's twelfth child. Child Protective Services had previously investigated Lucio for allegations of child neglect, and they noted that Lucio's youngest children were often left in the care of their teenage siblings. Lucio was addicted to cocaine, and she tested positive shortly after Mariah was born; this caused her children to be placed in foster care. Three older children went to live in Houston with their father, and Lucio regained custody of the others in late 2006.[4]​

On February 17, 2007, paramedics were called to the Lucio residence because two-year-old Mariah was unresponsive and not breathing. According to the Cameron County District Attorney's Office, Mariah was found at the home with signs of abuse on her body. She reportedly had scattered bruising, bite marks on her back, patches of hair that had been pulled out, and a broken arm. According to Lucio, two days earlier Mariah had fallen down a set of stairs, leading to her injuries.[5]​

Mariah was pronounced dead upon arrival at a local hospital. It was later determined that Mariah's arm had been broken two to seven weeks before her death, and an autopsy also showed a head injury and bruising of the kidneys, lungs and spinal cord.[6]

- from Wikipedia (and a 30 second search)​

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual court case itself (from the appeal):
MELISSA ELIZABETH LUCIO v. THE STATE OF TEXAS (concurring)

… there was more than just her confession.

The evidence presented in this case shows that, at about 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 17, 2007, paramedics were dispatched to an apartment where appellant lived with nine of her children and an adult male named Robert Alvarez, who was the father of at least seven of these children and whom appellant referred to as her husband. (1) One of the paramedics (Nester) testified that, when the paramedics entered the apartment, they found Mariah unattended and lying on her back in the middle of the floor not breathing and with no pulse. Nester observed that appellant's "distant" and not "overly distressed" behavior was "so far out of the ordinary" that he "put it into the report." Nester also testified that he "noted the fact that [appellant] was not-she wasn't even within arm's reach of the child much less trying to gasp [sic], hold her, or trying to do anything to hold them [sic]."

Appellant told police and paramedics at the scene that Mariah had fallen down some stairs. Mariah was transported to a hospital emergency room where she was pronounced dead. The condition of Mariah's body indicated that she had been severely abused. There were bruises in various stages of healing covering her body, there were bite marks on her back, (2) one of her arms had been broken probably about two to seven weeks before her death, and she was missing portions of her hair where it had been pulled out by the roots. The emergency room physician (Vargas) testified that this was the "absolute worst" case of child abuse that he had seen in his 30 years of practice. Vargas also testified that his emergency-room visual and manual inspection of Mariah indicated no apparent signs of a head injury.

The chief forensic pathologist for Cameron and Hidalgo Counties (Farley), who conducted Mariah's autopsy on Monday, February 19, 2007, testified that Mariah's cause of death was "blunt force head trauma," which would have occurred within 24 hours prior to her death, and it would have been immediately apparent that Mariah was in distress and in need of medical attention. Farley testified that Mariah suffered "multiple contusions" to her head area and that "blunt force head trauma . . . basically means, beat about the head with something-an object, a hand, a fist, or slammed." Farley testified that these injuries would not have been caused by falling down some stairs and that this was the most severe case of child abuse she had ever seen.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She may not deserve the death penalty (that is not for me to say based on third hand reports), but she was convicted by a jury based on more than JUST her confession to beating and neglecting her 2 year old daughter. She may not be guilty of murder, but she is not innocent.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnPaul You keep repeating the same things. "What evidence shows she didn't kill her daughter?" "She was convicted by a judge and jury." As I have said, innocent until proven guilty, and you have failed to present a scrap of proof or evidence. Again, courts often make mistake s, I cited the example of a man convicted of arson. I'm done discussing this if you aren't going to listen. To repeat because it is so important: the law should not begin with someone proving their innocence. No, the courts have the obligation, to prove guilt. If they can't do that, the person ought to be declared innocent. This is the foundation of the rule of law. Oh, and you say her life was taken. Quit your slander, it occurred in a moving accident and could happen to your kid the next time you move. How awful Melissa must feel. Not only did her daughter die, which would be horrible enough, but then she was accused of murdering her and is about to die.
And you keep repeating the same things and she has been proven guilty that's why she is on Death row, I ask for proof that she is innocent because you keep saying she is, yet you provide no proof of her innocence her 2 year old is dead because of her, that's proof enough she's guilty by the evidence that was provided and a unanimous jury elected her Death sentence, not me a Judge and Jury.

Thank you for doing me the favor of not continuing this discussion as you have no proof of her Innocence and until that proof is provided her sentence will be carried out, the prison's are all full of innocent people if you ask the prisoners.

Have a good day and again thank you for doing me the favor of not continuing this discussion.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the ONLY TRUE INNOCENT, yet his penalty was OUR death sentence! His innocent surrendering to their justice gave us life and gave it more abundantly.

She needs the FREEDOM of salvation most for after death the TRUE judgement must be faced!

I do uphold the death penalty but it should be swifter. This LIFE is but a vapour in time,eternally just judgement will last forever, then IT IS FINAL LIFE OR DEATH!
Agree it should be swifter instead of taking years.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She may not deserve the death penalty (that is not for me to say based on third hand reports), but she was convicted by a jury based on more than JUST her confession to beating and neglecting her 2 year old daughter. She may not be guilty of murder, but she is not innocent.
Mariah Alvarez was born to Melissa Lucio and Robert Alvarez in September 2004. Mariah was Lucio's twelfth child. Child Protective Services had previously investigated Lucio for allegations of child neglect, and they noted that Lucio's youngest children were often left in the care of their teenage siblings. Lucio was addicted to cocaine, and she tested positive shortly after Mariah was born; this caused her children to be placed in foster care. Three older children went to live in Houston with their father, and Lucio regained custody of the others in late 2006.[4]​

On February 17, 2007, paramedics were called to the Lucio residence because two-year-old Mariah was unresponsive and not breathing. According to the Cameron County District Attorney's Office, Mariah was found at the home with signs of abuse on her body. She reportedly had scattered bruising, bite marks on her back, patches of hair that had been pulled out, and a broken arm. According to Lucio, two days earlier Mariah had fallen down a set of stairs, leading to her injuries.[5]​

Mariah was pronounced dead upon arrival at a local hospital. It was later determined that Mariah's arm had been broken two to seven weeks before her death, and an autopsy also showed a head injury and bruising of the kidneys, lungs and spinal cord.[6]

- from Wikipedia (and a 30 second search)​

The actual court case itself (from the appeal):
MELISSA ELIZABETH LUCIO v. THE STATE OF TEXAS (concurring)

… there was more than just her confession.

The evidence presented in this case shows that, at about 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 17, 2007, paramedics were dispatched to an apartment where appellant lived with nine of her children and an adult male named Robert Alvarez, who was the father of at least seven of these children and whom appellant referred to as her husband. (1) One of the paramedics (Nester) testified that, when the paramedics entered the apartment, they found Mariah unattended and lying on her back in the middle of the floor not breathing and with no pulse. Nester observed that appellant's "distant" and not "overly distressed" behavior was "so far out of the ordinary" that he "put it into the report." Nester also testified that he "noted the fact that [appellant] was not-she wasn't even within arm's reach of the child much less trying to gasp [sic], hold her, or trying to do anything to hold them [sic]."

Appellant told police and paramedics at the scene that Mariah had fallen down some stairs. Mariah was transported to a hospital emergency room where she was pronounced dead. The condition of Mariah's body indicated that she had been severely abused. There were bruises in various stages of healing covering her body, there were bite marks on her back, (2) one of her arms had been broken probably about two to seven weeks before her death, and she was missing portions of her hair where it had been pulled out by the roots. The emergency room physician (Vargas) testified that this was the "absolute worst" case of child abuse that he had seen in his 30 years of practice. Vargas also testified that his emergency-room visual and manual inspection of Mariah indicated no apparent signs of a head injury.

The chief forensic pathologist for Cameron and Hidalgo Counties (Farley), who conducted Mariah's autopsy on Monday, February 19, 2007, testified that Mariah's cause of death was "blunt force head trauma," which would have occurred within 24 hours prior to her death, and it would have been immediately apparent that Mariah was in distress and in need of medical attention. Farley testified that Mariah suffered "multiple contusions" to her head area and that "blunt force head trauma . . . basically means, beat about the head with something-an object, a hand, a fist, or slammed." Farley testified that these injuries would not have been caused by falling down some stairs and that this was the most severe case of child abuse she had ever seen.

Thank you for this @atpollard, much appreciated.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
IMO, the trial and judge was fair and justice is served with her death sentence. This is an old law of God, the punishment of death for murdering someone is clearly the will of God even before Moses.
We also had the same penalty on us all, death for our sins in the Lake of Fire till we believed Christ took away our sins.
But we always still pay for the deeds done in the body, but not in the Spirit.

This one though specifically states by man shall his blood be shed.
Genesis 9:6 “Whoever sheds man’s blood, By man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He made man.

And the LAW of God by Moses also clearly states death penalty for multiple reasons.
Exodus 21:12 "He who strikes a man so that he dies shall surely be put to death.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since this thread is about Melissa instead of the death penalty, this is what I've learned from police interviews,court documents and family members.

Her, Melissa's own mother, was uncaring and still appears to be. Melissa was abused from age 7 by her mom's bf and other family members. When she told her mom, the mom refused to believe it and since says she refuses to accept such by NOT thinking about it. Toxicity and abuse in childhood prepares some to then become abusers themselves.

Melissa married at 16 and had a total of 14 children. They were homeless at times, ate from food services in the community, but received NO help from her own family. This was a crisis situation and someone was going to suffer even possibly die.

The autopsy photos show a sad body of a little girl that had zero chance at life.. Bruises cover her little body in a fist type pattern, trauma to her head and bite marks,and a previous recent broken arm.

Melissa was unfit to be a mother due to her drug abuse and the sore neglect of her continual drug effected births. SOME ONE, ANY ONE SHOULD HAVE STEPPED IN !

If she gets another trial we will see it on social media and news updates. If she is found quilty again, may God save her soul and her judgement be SWIFT !