Texas about to execute innocent woman

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T. E. Smith

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Melissa Lucio, a woman with no prior record and no history of violence, is scheduled to be executed by the state of Texas for a murder that never happened. Her daughter died from injuries sustained after a fall down a flight of stairs while the family was moving furniture. Before the girl's body was even cold, the police took the grieving (and then pregnant) mother in for questioning. They interrogated her for hours, insisting she had killed her daughter, not letting up until they got the response they wanted. (Lesson to be learned: NEVER talk to the police without a lawyer.) Astoundingly, she was declared guilty and sentenced to death. While in prison, she gave birth to twins, who were immediately ripped from her and put up for adoption. She's been waiting to be executed for 14 years now, and the date is coming up. On Wednesday next week, April 27th, the backwards state of Texas is planning to kill Melissa by lethal injection.

Since her sentencing, the DA who was in charge was found guilty in federal court of bribery and embezzlement! What a surprise - he was corrupt! Despite this, nothing has been done about Melissa!

Sign the petition to get her freed: Stop the April 27 execution of Melissa Lucio If you live in Texas contact the governor and DA to put pressure: DA 956-300-3881, Governor Greg Abbot 956-446-2866

The chances she won't be murdered by the government are very slim - but we can still hope.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is so sad that unless we are prepared to die so that Law and order can be maintained, we do not believe in law and order.

Sometimes, this means that innocent or righteous people will die.

What is more important for me is that people are praying for her salvation and that God will provide her with the means to be drawn to Him within her circumstances, such that if she should die because of this apparent injustice, she will also live.

So often we do not focus on the important things in life. We focus on the life that we or they can have in this world at present rather than the promise of life in the world when it is renewed.

Shalom

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Melissa Lucio, a woman with no prior record and no history of violence, is scheduled to be executed by the state of Texas for a murder that never happened. Her daughter died from injuries sustained after a fall down a flight of stairs while the family was moving furniture. Before the girl's body was even cold, the police took the grieving (and then pregnant) mother in for questioning. They interrogated her for hours, insisting she had killed her daughter, not letting up until they got the response they wanted. (Lesson to be learned: NEVER talk to the police without a lawyer.) Astoundingly, she was declared guilty and sentenced to death. While in prison, she gave birth to twins, who were immediately ripped from her and put up for adoption. She's been waiting to be executed for 14 years now, and the date is coming up. On Wednesday next week, April 27th, the backwards state of Texas is planning to kill Melissa by lethal injection.

Since her sentencing, the DA who was in charge was found guilty in federal court of bribery and embezzlement! What a surprise - he was corrupt! Despite this, nothing has been done about Melissa!

Sign the petition to get her freed: Stop the April 27 execution of Melissa Lucio If you live in Texas contact the governor and DA to put pressure: DA 956-300-3881, Governor Greg Abbot 956-446-2866

The chances she won't be murdered by the government are very slim - but we can still hope.
It's sad but there are many innocent people that die from executions. It's my belief that executions should not be allowed unless the person is killing while in prison. And then perhaps locked up alone for the remainder of their days.

The website you posted wanted personal information which I am not willing to give out to any website unless I know it is credible.

Reactions: GodsGrace

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How do you know she is innocent, have they come up with new proof? She was accused of killing her 2 year old by evidence and a Judge and Jury.

T. E. Smith

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
How do you know she is innocent, have they come up with new proof? She was accused of killing her 2 year old by evidence and a Judge and Jury.
There is no proof. Innocent until proven guilty, right? She has not been proven guilty. Her confession was forced out of her. The police regularly do that, which is why you should never speak to them. (On this I recommend the book You Have the Right to Remain Innocent.) You say by evidence. What evidence?

And judges and juries have been wrong plenty of times. One of the most striking cases is a man who was accused of burning down his house with his family inside. He was convicted in a legal court and sentenced to death and executed. After his death, new evidence came up that showed that his wife had been cooking, which started the fire. He was innocent, like he claimed, and yet killed anyway. That was because an investigation was not properly conducted.

I do think she is innocent, but she does not have to yet be set free - she can remain imprisoned for some time if necessary while a proper investigation is conducted, I guess.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no proof. Innocent until proven guilty, right? She has not been proven guilty. Her confession was forced out of her. The police regularly do that, which is why you should never speak to them. (On this I recommend the book You Have the Right to Remain Innocent.) You say by evidence. What evidence?

And judges and juries have been wrong plenty of times. One of the most striking cases is a man who was accused of burning down his house with his family inside. He was convicted in a legal court and sentenced to death and executed. After his death, new evidence came up that showed that his wife had been cooking, which started the fire. He was innocent, like he claimed, and yet killed anyway. That was because an investigation was not properly conducted.

I do think she is innocent, but she does not have to yet be set free - she can remain imprisoned for some time if necessary while a proper investigation is conducted, I guess.
If she hadn’t been proven guilty she wouldn’t be on Death row.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don’t need a book, I know how to deal with the cops.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your point? That everyone on death row necessarily is there justly? Because that's false and naive.

Good, just pointing it out because the majority of people do not.
It’s not false and naive, she was deemed guilty by a jury and evidence they don’t just send someone to death row for the hell of it, she killed her two year old daughter. Have they found proof and new evidence to prove otherwise?

T. E. Smith

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
It’s not false and naive, she was deemed guilty by a jury and evidence they don’t just send someone to death row for the hell of it, she killed her two year old daughter. Have they found proof and new evidence to prove otherwise?
"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Her forced confession was used against her. But it is no good evidence. Proof to prove otherwise? Again, innocent until proven guilty. You don't prove your innocence. Rather, the court proves your guilt.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If she hadn’t been proven guilty she wouldn’t be in Death row.
This isn't always true. My granddaughter was stolen by a corrupt "legal" system. We fought it till we ran out of money. The courts are run by the cult. They steal babies, destroy families, make false accusations, and even kill people .... "legally."

Reactions: T. E. Smith

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Her forced confession was used against her. But it is no good evidence. Proof to prove otherwise? Again, innocent until proven guilty. You don't prove your innocence. Rather, the court proves your guilt.
She has been proven guilty it's why she's on Death row.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't always true. My granddaughter was stolen by a corrupt "legal" system. We fought it till we ran out of money. The courts are run by the cult. They steal babies, destroy families, make false accusations, and even kill people .... "legally."
So false accusations were made against Ted Bundy to kill him legally?

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I haven't looked at the details of the case but this is exactly why I'm against the death penalty. The justice system is corrupt and can often make errors that costs the life of someone innocent.

So the evidence is her testimony under interrogation. Nothing else.
Well if her defence is that she was forced into making that confession then the prosecution should have more evidence than that.

But like i said, I don't know enough about the case to know if she's innocent or not.
All I know is that the justice system revolves around money. It's deeply corrupt and cannot be trusted to be ordering people to death

For example lawyers are expensive and if you can't afford one then you have no chance of winning the case even if you are innocent

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So false accusations were made against Ted Bundy to kill him legally?
Idk how in the world you made the jump to Ted Bundy. That's irrelevant to this conversation and certainly irrelevant to what I said.

Reactions: lilygrace

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the ONLY TRUE INNOCENT, yet his penalty was OUR death sentence! His innocent surrendering to their justice gave us life and gave it more abundantly.

She needs the FREEDOM of salvation most for after death the TRUE judgement must be faced!

I do uphold the death penalty but it should be swifter. This LIFE is but a vapour in time,eternally just judgement will last forever, then IT IS FINAL LIFE OR DEATH!

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk how in the world you made the jump to Ted Bundy. That's irrelevant to this conversation and certainly irrelevant to what I said.
Because you said “The courts are run by the cult. They steal babies, destroy families, make false accusations, and even kill people .... "legally."

T. E. Smith

Apr 21, 2022
USA
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
@JohnPaul As we sit in our air-conditioned, comfy houses discussing this on our fancy computers or smartphones, this woman's life has been ruined by a corrupt justice system and is now about to end in just a couple of days. And all you do is insist, bizarrely, that no one can be on death row unless they have been correctly proven guilty? Someone here has just cited a specific case from their life of a corrupt legal system (countless more cases available by a simple web search) and all you can do is mention something completely unrelated.
Because you said “The courts are run by the cult. They steal babies, destroy families, make false accusations, and even kill people .... "legally."
Yes and this is demonstrably true. That doesn't mean that all court convictions are unjust, obviously. But many are.
All I know is that the justice system revolves around money. It's deeply corrupt and cannot be trusted to be ordering people to death
Absolutely true

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 31:8-9
[8]Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.
[9]Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

Scripture demands that we speak up and take action where there is injustice. Go ahead and pray. We absolutely should pray!! But.... faith without works is DEAD.

James 2:13-20
[13]For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.
[14]What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
[15]If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
[16]And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
[17]Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
[18]Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
[19]Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
[20]But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnPaul As we sit in our air-conditioned, comfy houses discussing this on our fancy computers or smartphones, this woman's life has been ruined by a corrupt justice system and is now about to end in just a couple of days. And all you do is insist, bizarrely, that no one can be on death row unless they have been correctly proven guilty? Someone here has just cited a specific case from their life of a corrupt legal system (countless more cases available by a simple web search) and all you can do is mention something completely unrelated.

Yes and this is demonstrably true. That doesn't mean that all court convictions are unjust, obviously. But many are.

Absolutely true
@T. E. Smith
Yeah I sit in the comfort of my air conditioned, house because I worked for it and am not a criminal, are you her lawyer do you have new evidence she didn’t kill bet innocent 2 year old child? Who will never have a chance to sit in a comfy air conditioned home because her
life was taken.

If she is on death row it’s because it was based on evidence and a jury’s unanimous decision. Oh and someone on here had the same experience, so you believe everything everyone tells you without proof or evidence, the reason this lady is on Death row is because there was proof and evidence, ask the person who claims to have gone through the same thing to show you evidence of her wrong incarceration and being put on death row. I bet you she can’t provide any, talk is cheap I can claim anything I want and there will be plenty of suckers who will believe it. They don’t just put people on death row for petty crimes and certainly not without a unanimous decision by the jury because of hard evidence.

Last edited: