That I May win Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

larry2

Jun 14, 2018
Arapahoe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Undoubtedly many confuse works of righteousness we are to have with a work of the law for justification.

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ

But below in Revelation we read of works of righteousness, or righteous acts that prepares us to be in the Bride.

Revelation 19:7-8
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
The word "Righteousness" in Verse 8 above is "Righteous acts or deeds," rather than being the quality or spirituality of our life.

"What next" is the reason we grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Is there provision in the word of God to reach for building of faith, overcoming the things of the world, and coming into a relationship with Him that all will not enter into? Are there promises or covenants made to those who endure instruction in their lives that will endure forever compared to the one who is just safe in Christ? The answer is a resounding yes.

Goals I see as beneficial are things Paul talked of below.
Philippians 3:8 "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,"

Now Paul here was as safe and saved here as he could become, but there was something else to be gained. Remember the verse above that mentioned "The bride hath made herself ready" in addition to our salvation purchased by Christ; she wins Christ as her bridegroom.

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Here in Romans all children of God are heirs, but there is a qualification to being a joint heir; suffering or enduring with Christ in our walk with Him.

2 Timothy 2:12 "If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: - -"

The things Paul suffered in bringing us the gospel is an example of what our walk should be in Christ. Paul said in 1 Corinthians: 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. Now I do not say we are all called as apostles, but we all have some gift.

In Jesus' name - larry2