The air we breath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Yup.

Jesus said, "Do this in remembrance of me" not "do this to me"

It is the breaking of bread and drinking of grape juice to remember Him.

It is not physically Jesus. If you believe it is, then you do not believe the Holy Spirit is who He says he is.

Holy Spirit already FILLS Christians. They don't need to nibble further.

Glad to see you're coming around.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Yup.

Jesus said, "Do this in remembrance of me" not "do this to me"

It is the breaking of bread and drinking of grape juice to remember Him.

It is not physically Jesus. If you believe it is, then you do not believe the Holy Spirit is who He says he is.

Holy Spirit already FILLS Christians. They don't need to nibble further.

Glad to see you're coming around.

Sorry, the Bible proves you wrong, KJV

Mark 14:22–24

22 "................... He took bread blessed it gave it to them and said "Take [EAT] this is my body......"

22 As p they were eating, He took bread, q blessed and broke r it, gave it to them, s and said, “Take ⌊eat; t this is My body.” u
23 Then He took a cup, and after giving thanks, v He gave it to them, and so they all drank from it. 24 He said to them, “This is My blood that establishes the covenant; w x it is shed y for many. z

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you guys are funny.......

Neophyte - Protestants are Christians too - John Paul II even said so, calling them 'separated brethren'.

Foreigner - you have done a fine job reframing the qualifiers for being Christian - unfortunately, all you have proven is that Catholics are not Protestant - I could of told you that

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
you guys are funny.......

Neophyte - Protestants are Christians too - John Paul II even said so, calling them 'separated brethren'.

Foreigner - you have done a fine job reframing the qualifiers for being Christian - unfortunately, all you have proven is that Catholics are not Protestant - I could of told you that

Neophyte - Protestants are Christians too - John Paul II even said so, calling them 'separated brethren'.I

OVER AND OVER I'VE SAID THAT. FOREIGNER BEING THE PAST CATHOLIC THAT HE SUPPOSEDLY CLAIMS HE ONCE WAS MUST HAVE BEEN NOT ONLY DEAF AND BLIND BUT ALSO JOURNEYING THROUGH PUBERTY DURING HIS CATHOLIC YEARS.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neophyte - Protestants are Christians too - John Paul II even said so, calling them 'separated brethren'.I

OVER AND OVER I'VE SAID THAT. FOREIGNER BEING THE PAST CATHOLIC THAT HE SUPPOSEDLY CLAIMS HE ONCE WAS MUST HAVE BEEN NOT ONLY DEAF AND BLIND BUT ALSO JOURNEYING THROUGH PUBERTY DURING HIS CATHOLIC YEARS.

I see. Well, don't let him get to you.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Sorry, the Bible proves you wrong, KJV

Mark 14:22–24

22 "................... He took bread blessed it gave it to them and said "Take [EAT] this is my body......"

Actually, KJV proves me right:

"And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me." - 1 Cor. 11:24 KJV

In remembrance of Him, not to Him over and over and over and over....

Foreigner, the Catholic Church teaches that the sacrifice of Christ occurred "once for all"; it cannot be repeated [ Heb. 9:28 ] Christ does not "die again" during Mass, but the very same sacrifice that ocurred on Calvery is made present on the altar. That is why the Mass is not "another" sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

-- Look at the scripture again:
"And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me." - 1 Cor. 11:24 KJV

-- He is telling you to eat this plain bread in remembrance OF HIS BODY BEING BROKEN.
If what Catholics are saying is true about it being His actualy body, the it IS his broken/crucified body you are eating.
Why do you think the priest BREAKS THE HOST IN HALF? Because God says it is his BROKEN body.
So if it really IS His body, you are breaking/sacrificing His body yet again.
Game.
Set.
Match.

-- Actually, I DID go through puberty during my Catholic years.
Looks like you have something to look forward to, huh?

Here are some examples of pre-pubescent statements you have made that show your misunderstanding:

Where did God/ Our Lord give His power and authority to anybody else but to His apostles/successors

-- Yup. You said that.
1. The World is full of non-Catholic, Holy Spirit filled Christians.
2. The Holy Spirit gives Christians God's power and authority.
3. Through the Holy Spirit living in them those non-Catholic Christians have brought scores of people to Jesus, prophecied, healed the sick, and cast out demons
4. Your statement has again been shown to be null and void

You're wrong, the Holy Spirit will only lead us to Jesus , only His Church ever received the Holy Spirit along with the apostles who became at Pentecost the nucleus of His Church, when those verses mentioned the coming of the HS as in John 14:15-17, 14:25-26 Jesus was directing the paraclete would come to the apostles.

-- Yup, you said that, too.
I showed you that the Holy Spirit IS God, therefore IS Jesus.
I also showed you that there are scores of others outside the Catholic church who are Christians that have the Holy Spirit living in them, and through the Holy Spirit have been able to lead people to God, prophecy, heal the sick, and cast out Demons.

Honestly Neophyte, if you are going to keep hurling insults because you can't support what you say, doing it in capital letters is not really 'kicking it up a notch.'

Those of us past purberty know this...

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
all this much ado about nothing - the topic was about breathing and the awesome fact that we are wonderfully designed by an awesome designer has been totally missed and glossed over as if of no consequence or importance - so I REPEAT we do not breath - for in Him we live and move and have our being - btw as for transubstantiation cannot be easily understood and accepted unless one first realises that matter has been dematerialised and its existence is a bluff - any comments - winc