The answer to 1984 is still 1776

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In that case you sound stupid. Read my posts again. There is nothing idle or frivolous about what I have posted.
We are in the middle of a serious crisis right now, people are dying and losing their jobs at unprecedented rates. Your misguided concerns are not helping the situation, but potentially making it worse.
Therefore, I find your sentiments idle and frivolous, as they offer the typical lay people, like the majority on this forum, no resolution or advice.
What are you suggesting, that we all defy the social distancing order, or that we go hunt down the culprits who initiated this bio-warfare scheme?
What is your point, outside of frivolity and an abnormal attraction to conspiracy theories?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Therefore, I find your sentiments idle and frivolous, as they offer the typical lay people, like the majority on this forum, no resolution or advice.

Are you a lay person yourself? I have to ask because this statement makes it sound like you're not

Reactions: Nancy

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Are you a lay person yourself? I have to ask because this statement makes it sound like you're not
He's kicking you instead of the ball. If he did that in a soccer match he would be given the red card and sent off!

I respect his sound views when he keeps to the issues, but I don't when he resorts to abuse and accusation, which is a sign that he cannot answer the views put to him.

Reactions: prism

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Didn't realize it came off that way? Yes, of course, I am a lay person, ...one not privy to the inner workings of political regimes.
And I find that Enoch111's post may have a tendency to incite people, like myself, to revolt against the government's measures to try and reduce the spread of this lethal virus. Lethal to our health, as to our economy.

My position is that we should all implicitly follow the government's orders until this pandemic is under control. And, not start pointing fingers, or hypothesizing on issues that lay people can just not substantiate, ever. Enoch111's post was immensely premature and presumptuous, and highly inappropriate, that could lead people into irresponsible behaviour.

Last edited:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You do realize that there are in fact elements within the government who happen to be bent on removing your rights, don't you?
No, I don't see it that way. And, I don't believe that you are in a position to make that assessment, unless you witnessed the oral or written attestation to such a policy, ...hypothetically speaking.
And again, this is not the time to start acting like naive busy bodies, who think that they are aware of what occurs inside the 'oval office'.
You may be right, I highly doubt it, but such speculation sounds more sensationalistic, than sound journalism.
We are in a crisis, solve the problem, don't make it a bigger one with idle guess work.

jshiii

Oct 15, 2008
North Pole
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the last 2 years, almost 100,000 people have died from Flu A or B. Where was the urgency? Why wasn't everyone quarantined to their homes? Why wasn't a stimulus package voted on that included a "Digital Dollar?" It just got REAL with this trillion dollar spending bill. Perfect Storm for Evil!

Cases in U.S.
On This Page
Updated March 25, 2020

This page will be updated regularly at noon Mondays through Fridays. Numbers close out at 4 p.m. the day before reporting.

CDC is responding to an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The outbreak first started in Wuhan, China, but cases have been identified in a growing number of other locations internationally, including the United States. In addition to CDC, many public health laboratories are now testing for the virus that causes COVID-19.

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
  • Total cases: 54,453
  • Total deaths: 737
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 54 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)

All I can say is please forgive me for my sins Lord Jesus. I sinned today. I am so ready to depart from my sinful flesh! But I'm here to be a vessel for your glorification. So I will continue to trust in you. In your time not mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You do realize that there are in fact elements within the government who happen to be bent on removing your rights, don't you?
I would rather the government removing some of my rights than be exposed to the virus and die from it. I have just seen on the news that a young woman in her 20s died from it, so age is not a factor. Anyone, young or old is at risk. So, having some rights removed is a small price to pay to preserve my wife, daughter or me dying from the virus.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And very sound opinion which everyone should give heed to. It is a warning to all Americans (and indirectly to the free world).
The impact of 4 million dead is equivalent to a world war. In war martial law comes into effect.
Sadly there is a risk it changes a countries culture and structures, but not if people co-operate and do not rebel.

But you rebuild after the end, not at the beginning. God bless you, and may the Lord forgive us for our sins and have mercy, amen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where did you get this FALSE INFORMATION? FAKE NEWS?

If 6 of 7 COVID-19 Cases Are Not Being Reported as One Study Suggests — The Current Mortality Rate Sinks to Flu-Like Levels

The US coronavirus mortality rate dipped to 1.25% on Sunday using deaths (396) divided by confirmed cases (38,167). The mortality rate for the coronavirus in the US continues to fall as more and more Americans are being tested.

12 days ago the US coronavirus mortality rate was 4.06
Today the mortality rate is down to 1.25%!

4.06% March 8 (22 deaths of 541 cases)
3.69% March 9 (26 of 704)
3.01% March 10 (30 of 994)
2.95% March 11 (38 of 1,295)
2.52% March 12 (42 of 1,695)
2.27% March 13 (49 of 2,247)
1.93% March 14 (57 of 2,954)
1.84% March 15 (68 of 3,680)
1.6% March 17 (116 of 7,301)
1.4% March 19 (161 of 11,329)
1.25% March 20 (237 of 18,845)
01.25% March 22 (396 of 38,167)

Yossi Getetner posted a list earlier in the week.
But this number may actually be much lower.

Hospitals and urgent care clinics are turning potential COVID-19 victims away on a daily basis. We all now know someone who was told not to come in to be tested because officials were only concentrating on the seriously ill.

That means the current mortality rate is SIGNIFICANTLY lower if you factor in ALL OF THE CASES that are not being reported, and where people are not feeling sick enough to be tested.

That number could be 6-7 times higher than the current number of 38,167 as a recent study suggests.

That puts the coronavirus mortality rate in the US at 0.1% to 0.2%. This is similar number to a flu virus.

Thanks to the fraudulent numbers by the WHO at the beginning of March the global economies are in a complete meltdown over the coronavirus panic....

If 6 of 7 COVID-19 Cases Are Not Being Reported as One Study Suggests -- The Current Mortality Rate Sinks to Flu-Like Levels

16% death rate is out of closed reported cases, the problem is though that it has risen from like 11% last week to currently 16%. So what does that tell you? Keep in my the number of cases getting reported is increasing heaps, more and more people are getting tested.

Quoting Franklin Graham "Human life is not expendable and we should work to save it, from womb to tomb."

Health authorities are trying to do what they can at the moment to prevent more lives from being loss and save lives from the coronavirus. It's important we follow their professional advice. It's not persecution, it's not an apocalyptic one world order, or trying to remove our rights, they are just simply trying to stop the virus from spreading as much as it would if everybody were to go about their lives normally.

Last edited:

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd be more concerned over this if we had a Leftist POTUS in office. I'd take a guess this will be exactly what a Leftist POTUS will do at the mere hint of a virus in the future as a new precedent has been set.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I AM AN AMERICAN CONSTITUTIONAL LAWYER – AND I SEE OUR GOVERNMENT USING COVID-19 TO TAKE AWAY OUR FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS

The answer to 1984 is still 1776.

MARCH 23, 2020

Do we really think “it can’t happen here” in America? Could we quarantine the constitution? Are we doing it already?

Panics from pandemics unleash unchecked governmental power. The very premise of popular films like V for Vendetta reveal this: a group uses a virus to seize power and create a totalitarian society. Anyone could witness this from far-off lands, watching the news about China locking people up in their own homes and then removing them screaming from those homes whenever the state wanted. World War I and the Great Depression birthed virulent forms of governments with leaders like Hitler, Mao, Mussolini and Stalin.

The real pandemic threat is here. It’s the panic that will quarantine our Constitution.

FIRST AMENDMENT QUARANTINED?
Already, governments in America suspended the First Amendment freedom of millions of citizens with shutdown, stay-at-home, curfew orders that prohibit obtaining a petition for a public protest, or even being physically present for a public protest. Indeed, even meetings in “more than ten” are prohibited by various governing jurisdictions within the United States. Surprising places like Missouri did so. Towns like Hartford did so. Maryland soon followed suit. The effect of the stay-at-home orders of New York, California, Nevada, Illinois and Pennsylvania effectively achieve the same outcome. Other governing officials recognized the dubious lawlessness of these orders, but remain outliers.
Remember the Hong Kong protests? Gone. Remember the Yellow Vest protests? Soon to be gone. Seen any protests on American streets today? A pandemic is here. Protests gone. Constitution quarantined.

SECOND AMENDMENT QUARANTINED?
But that is not all. Under the guise of “unnecessary businesses,” “emergency powers,” or simply by furloughing or reducing staff in the background checks department, governments show the willingness to limit Second Amendment rights as well as First Amendment protections. Mayors declare the right to ban gun sales, governments declare no background-check personnel to process a background check, delaying gun sales indefinitely, and other governments simply shut down all gun sales businesses entirely. Most worrisome, this happens while governments release inmates into the streets, and discuss releasing even more, and, at the same time, issue no-arrest and no-detention orders from Philadelphia to Fort Worth for a wide range of criminals. Want to defend yourself, give yourself a deep sense of personal protection that comes with gun ownership for many, as the Second Amendment safeguards? Well, no luck, according to too many of our governing overlords. A pandemic is here. Self-protection sacrificed. Constitution quarantined.

FOURTH AMENDMENT QUARANTINED?
Few protections are more American than the right to privacy against coerced, compelled, secretive, subversive invasion. The government operates like a virus in a case of a pandemic panic, infecting our minds and bodies, monitoring speech, association and movement, with tools of surveillance unthought-of to the founders. Coordinating with private companies (unrestrained by the Fourth Amendment; why do you think NSA uses them to gather all your emails, conversations, texts, and internet searches, at the first stage?), governments used the panic about the pandemic, a panic the government itself stoked with aid of a compliant, complicit press, to waive your medical privacy and invade your personal privacy, looking for tools to monitor your every movement, associations, activities, and behavior. The watching eye in the sky can now be the Alexa in your home, the camera on your computer, and the phone in your hand. A pandemic is here. Privacy ended. Constitution quarantined.

FIFTH AMENDMENT QUARANTINED?
The protection for our right to make a living arises from the Fifth Amendment right to property without deprivation by due process of law, and the obligation for the government to compensate any such takings. Yet, governments across America did just that to millions of businesses, workers, and property owners, stripping them of their ability to make a living, or even to engage in a free market of commerce, by shutdown orders, curfews, and stay-at-home orders. The political and professional class ensconced in its work-from-home environs fails to appreciate the hardship this imposes on working people. No compensation. No substitution. No wages. No revenues. No opportunity. Labor lost that can never be recovered, ever, while it leaves our economy teetering on the edge of a worst-ever depression. The foundation of government is to protect the pursuit of happiness. Now all we get to pursue is Netflix-and-chill and hope miracles happen to pay next week’s bills, and pray the market doesn’t crash like in 1929. A pandemic is here. Opportunity & property gone. Constitution quarantined.

CONCLUSION
Our founders were intimately familiar with pandemics, viruses and plagues, yet they did not allow any to suspend our Constitutional liberties. Not one word in the Constitution about plagues or pandemics to exempt the government from any of our Bill of Rights. Why do our current courts allow it? Because the public is asleep at the wheel. Think the pandemic threatens to kills us all? A review of the data shows the pandemic is more panic than plague.

Time to wake up. Maybe it is time in the motto of V for Vendetta, to “Remember, remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot.” As that film’s lead character well said: “People shouldn’t be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.” Only when an awake public asserts their human liberties to protest the loss of their liberties will, then, governments quit using public health crises to seize power that does not belong to them. The answer to 1984 is still 1776.

Robert Barnes issued a message to President Trump on what he needs to do to end the destruction of our economy.

I Am an American Constitutional Lawyer – And I See Our Government Using Covid-19 to Take Away Our Fundamental Rights

This is a good article and one that Americans should take seriously. I can't help but to think that the "powers that be" are testing the waters--seeing just how ripe Americans are for giving up constitutional rights. It's ironic that violent groups like Antifa have practically had free reign, while law abiding citizens are being ORDERED to stay home. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for SICK people not spreading germs, but these orders apply to well people. (Yes, I've read how contagious this virus supposedly is.)

I've NEVER seen anything like these statewide lockdowns, esp. considering the fact that the virus prompting these lockdowns isn't all that bad. Sadly, there is an eery silence concerning constitutional rights. Are Americans prepared to trade our freedoms for a false sense of security? It certainly seems like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd be more concerned over this if we had a Leftist POTUS in office. I'd take a guess this will be exactly what a Leftist POTUS will do at the mere hint of a virus in the future as a new precedent has been set.
Keep in mind that some of the most horrendous legislation has been passed by Republicans. Bush's Patriot Act is a good example. It's not time for conservatives to fall asleep at the wheel.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep in mind that some of the most horrendous legislation has been passed by Republicans. Bush's Patriot Act is a good example. It's not time for conservatives to fall asleep at the wheel.
He was a mole imho. What the Left is doing and will do, and what has been done by this ideology throughout world history, not just here, is not to be compared.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The impact of 4 million dead is equivalent to a world war.
This is the kind of IRRESPONSIBLE comment that is totally unhelpful. Where in the world did you get this bizarre figure?

At the present, deaths from Wuhan virus are only 22,030 worldwide.

Out of a total of 487,648 cases worldwide, 117,749 have recovered.

Johns Hopkins University is monitoring this world wide. There are not even half a million confirm cases worldwide.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is the kind of IRRESPONSIBLE comment that is totally unhelpful. Where in the world did you get this bizarre figure?

At the present, deaths from Wuhan virus are only 22,030 worldwide.

Out of a total of 487,648 cases worldwide, 117,749 have recovered.

Johns Hopkins University is monitoring this world wide. There are not even half a million confirm cases worldwide.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

Only? That is a lot of deaths mate. Could you imagine how much higher that number would be if people continued to live their usual lives, many in big crowds?

What does not look good at all though is UK's stats, hopefully and prayerfully that drops and more people successfully recover

Screenshot_2020-03-26-23-26-32-44.png

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only? That is a lot of deaths mate. Could you imagine how much higher that number would be if people continued to live their usual lives, many in big crowds?

What does not look good at all though is UK's stats, hopefully and prayerfully that drops and more people successfully recover

View attachment 8892
All deaths are tragic for loved ones to deal with, and I pray for those being affected. However, from the statistics I’ve seen, the mortality rate for Covid-19 is not much different from that of the regular flu. With this in mind, are the extremely restrictive measures warranted? IMO, they aren’t.

Here's another consideration. If governments come across as overreacting to this virus, people won't take warnings as seriously when restrictive measures are actually warranted. It's a delicate balance.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a good article and one that Americans should take seriously. I can't help but to think that the "powers that be" are testing the waters--seeing just how ripe Americans are for giving up constitutional rights. It's ironic that violent groups like Antifa have practically had free reign, while law abiding citizens are being ORDERED to stay home. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for SICK people not spreading germs, but these orders apply to well people. (Yes, I've read how contagious this virus supposedly is.)

I've NEVER seen anything like these statewide lockdowns, esp. considering the fact that the virus prompting these lockdowns isn't all that bad. Sadly, there is an eery silence concerning constitutional rights. Are Americans prepared to trade our freedoms for a false sense of security? It certainly seems like it.

It is a very interesting time for Christians; here in the U.S. and everywhere in the world. Because the whole world is affected, I believe another power is behind this moment. No one group of men, no one government anywhere can administer a world wide stoppage as is going on now. But behind the governments are spiritual powers. Some good, some bad. Some of God, some of satan. And satan is moving and has been moving towards this type of control.

It doesn't matter to satan if governments recognize his control of these things. All he cares about is getting his man in that place of power and control over the world. This is that 'mystery of iniquity' Paul spoke of in (2 Thess. 2:7). The Holy Spirit is hindering this work but not stopping it, thus it will eventually occur. (2 Thess. 2:7)

The problem here is going to be much greater than 'constitutional right'. It is going to be survival. Our Constitution is important and we can live by it. But when the Government shuts down the country, or state, you have been placed in a position where you cannot do anything. You cannot work, if your work has been taken away. Companies go bankrupt...jobs are gone. Because the govt. has shut us down then the govt must provide for the citizens. And here is the fine line of anarchy and government. Man can be governed when he is willing to be governed.

It's bad when you can't get the things you used to get. But wait till hunger becomes a factor. What does it matter if I die of Corona or starve to death? Govt. knows this. Man will revolt and you will have anarchy on your hands. Hence the importance of an economic system to have in place that will provide. Which of course we will seen in a future time with the anti-christ. (Rev. 13:17)

So, I think this Corona virus and governments response to it is paving the way; being used by satan; to prepare for that future government of satan on earth. Man alone is just responding to it. satan is the one working towards getting his 'mystery of iniquity' in power.

This Corona certainly shut down the Hong Kong problem of riots. Make you wonder if that was a goal of the Chinese. But that is immaterial. What is important is the satanic goal behind it. The 'mystery of iniquity'.

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only? That is a lot of deaths mate.
Well there are an average of 3,287 deaths per day from CAR ACCIDENTS world wide.
100+ Car Accident Statistics for 2019

So in one week there are more car accident deaths worldwide than COVID-19 deaths over three months!

Let's not try to make this into a matter of mass hysteria (which the media just love).