The Army Of The Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He told me that I was a Levite. Then He led me to a documentary that connected the house of Israel to my parent's family tree. Same place, same time, Normandy, 600 years ago. I know I'm a Levite, and on my dad's side, I think I'm Naphtali.
I recently looked into my close two close relatives' ancestry and they both appear to be possibly descended from Ashkenazi Jews. :)

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And with every stroke of the rod of punishment that the Lord brings down on them, the tambourines and lyres will sound as He battles with weapons brandished." Isaiah 30:32 Berean Study Bible

I am currently in the book of Isaiah and when I read this passage a few days ago I immediately thought of you. I never really thought about this passage much before when I read through Isaiah. Some passages I think sometimes are just symbolic or poetic. I think this is literal. Awesome.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the first week of January 1989, I went to visit a woman I'd just met at a New Year's Eve party.
I knocked on her door and she let me in.
She said I could sit at her dining room table while she got us some drinks.
As I sat, I saw a bible sitting on the table in front of me.
I flipped it open and started to read.

I hadn't touched a Bible in years.
As I sat there, I watched as letters from the page jumped up in front of me and I was instantly under a clear, star-filled night with the moon shining bright.
I sensed someone was standing to my right, but I couldn't look.
My gaze was directed out in front of me.
A distance from me was the leading edge of a cloud bank.
On it was the front line of an army on horseback that stretched to the horizon.
My gaze was directed several lines back.
I saw soldiers on horseback and they were holding weapons.
My gaze was directed to the front line.
I saw soldiers that were holding musical instruments instead of weapons.
My gaze was directed to an individual rider.
It was me.
I was instantly back in my friend's dining room.
I've think this was an event to remove all evil from the Earth at some time in the future.
I believe that Jude 14 & 15, as well as the original source, 1 Enoch 1:9 (R.H. Charles version), describe it. :eek:

Like this?

Rev 19:11 Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war.

Rev 19:12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself.

Rev 19:13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God.

Rev 19:14 And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses.

Rev 19:15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty.

Rev 19:16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it started then but was wrapped up by the end of the first century.

I beg to differ.

Peter said in Acts 2:38, repent and be baptized... and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

How long was the gift of the Holy Spirit going to be available? Till the apostles died? Till the first century ended?

No, that gift of the HS, said Peter in the next verse, verse 39, is for who?

The gift is for you, your children, those AFAR OFF, even UNTO AS MANY AS GOD SHALL CALL.

There’s your expiration date for the Pentecost gift of the Holy Spirit - when God is no longer calling anyone. As long as He’s calling anyone, the gift remains.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again, brother. I had a dream that was interesting to say the least, shortly after the Lord started giving me an understanding of the everlasting gospel and the night before I wrote a message to the rulers of Ethiopia (or perhaps it was the same night. My days seem to be running into each other, but I thought that there was a night between the dream and the message because I responded to a comment by Keras, who lives on the other side of the world.) I took the dream as a confirmation of what I thought the Lord was teaching me, but you don't want to teach another gospel lightly. However, the everlasting gospel is preached at Christ's return for the millennial kingdom.
I thought this dream might be an encouragement of sorts and though I wrote about it already in the eschatology and prophecy forum, my first description was incomplete, so I'll repeat it here in its entirety to the best of my recollection.
I dreamt that I was in some public place, like a mall or perhaps some public office complex, just where, I couldn't say. I was walking on a stairway and passersby were looking at me and whispering to each other because I was dressed in slightly tattered and slightly stained garments, clothing that I sometimes sleep in. I was embarrassed for the clothing, but walked on anyway. Then suddenly I was at my house, outside and standing next to my porch and near the door. I recently had five trees cut down around my home to protect my property and the cut wood was left in piles for me to split for my woodstove. I saw a few of these piles in my dream, but there were other fallen trees among the piles left by the workers. I didn't know how they got there, but I squatted down next to the bannister for some cover and watched as another tree appeared to be lifted up and was cast down to the ground, away from the house, away from the house. There was no rain, I felt no wind, and I did not hear its howl. The house was unharmed and I was unscathed and I awoke. I had noticed a few more details, but didn't describe them at the first posting as they didn't seem significant until after spending some time thinking about the dream.
I saw one tree lifted up as from the ground, but I didn't see it in the ground and none of those fallen trees were ever on my property, but only placed there in the dream. That one tree that I watched uprooted had bare roots. There were no stones entangled among the roots, no grass or plants clinging to them, and no dirt, no Earth. I found this quite wonderful, because in summation, a great tree, not rooted in the Earth was uprooted and cast to the ground by an unseen "wind" and I was just there to watch.

Last edited: