The Bible On Spiritual War

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is intended for Bible verses only, related to war. No comments or debate, please.

Thanks,
Hidden In Him

For thus the Lord has spoken to me: “As a lion roars, and a young lion over his prey when a multitude of shepherds is summoned against him, he will not be afraid of their voice nor be disturbed by their noise. So the Lord of hosts will come down to fight for Mount Zion and for its hill... Assyria shall fall by a sword not of man, and a sword not of mankind shall devour him. But he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall become forced labor. He shall cross over to his stronghold for fear, and his princes shall be afraid of the banner,” Says the Lord, whose Fire is in Zion, and whose furnace is in Jerusalem (Isaiah 31:4-9)

11092012-loewe-01.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
15 On the seventh day they rose early, at the dawn of day, and marched around the city in the same manner seven times. It was only on that day that they marched around the city seven times. 16 And at the seventh time, when the priests had blown the shofar, Joshua said to the people, “Shout, for the Lord has given you the city. 17 And the city and all that is within it shall be devoted to the Lord for destruction. Only Rahab the harlot and all who are with her in her house shall live, because she hid the messengers whom we sent. 18 But you, keep yourselves from the things devoted to destruction, lest when you have devoted them you take any of the devoted things and make the camp of Israel a thing for destruction and bring trouble upon it. 19 But all silver and gold, and every vessel of bronze and iron, are holy to the Lord; they shall go into the treasury of the Lord.” 20 So the people shouted, and the shofars were blown. As soon as the people heard the sound of the shofar, the people shouted a great shout, and the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they captured the city. (Joshua 6:15-20)

4b45957b36ac240299003fd32272a4e3--trumpets-israel.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 When the wicked came against me to devour my flesh, my enemies and foes they stumbled and fell. 3 Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear. Though war may rise against me, in this I will be confident... my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;
Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle. I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. (Psalm 27:2-6)

1384368_771740926175934_1357428581_n.png

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 14:12-14 KJV
12) Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
13) And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
14) The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezra 8:21-23 KJV
21) Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance.
22) For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him.
23) So we fasted and besought our God for this: and he was intreated of us.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Chronicles 20:17‭-‬23

You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’ ” Jehoshaphat bowed down with his face to the ground, and all the people of Judah and Jerusalem fell down in worship before the Lord . Then some Levites from the Kohathites and Korahites stood up and praised the Lord , the God of Israel, with a very loud voice. Early in the morning they left for the Desert of Tekoa. As they set out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Listen to me, Judah and people of Jerusalem! Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful.” After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the Lord and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: “Give thanks to the Lord , for his love endures forever.” As they began to sing and praise, the Lord set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated. The Ammonites and Moabites rose up against the men from Mount Seir to destroy and annihilate them. After they finished slaughtering the men from Seir, they helped to destroy one another.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezra 8:21-23 KJV
21) Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance.
22) For I was ashamed to require of the king a band of soldiers and horsemen to help us against the enemy in the way: because we had spoken unto the king, saying, The hand of our God is upon all them for good that seek him; but his power and his wrath is against all them that forsake him.
23) So we fasted and besought our God for this: and he was intreated of us.
Exodus 14:12-14 KJV
12) Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness.
13) And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.
14) The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

These are excellent.

I'm on a picture kick with this as well, so I will add one and then some verses that go along with your second passage.

f1b40e5e04e141de6c2eb4eb67c8c921.jpg

3 The Lord is a man of war. The Lord is His name. 4 Pharaoh’s chariots and his army He has cast into the sea. His chosen captains also are drowned in the Red Sea. 5 The depths have covered them. They sank to the bottom like a stone. 6 “Your right hand, O Lord, has become glorious in power. Your right hand, O Lord, has dashed the enemy in pieces. 7 And in the greatness of Your excellence You have overthrown those who rose against You. You sent forth Your wrath. It consumed them like stubble... 9 The enemy said, ‘I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil. My desire shall be satisfied upon them. I will draw my sword, My hand shall destroy them.’ But You blew with Your wind, and the sea covered them. They sank like lead in the mighty waters." (Exodus 15:3-7, 9-10)
-

Reactions: Mayflower and marks

Riverwalker

Apr 20, 2021
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2nd Corinthians 10:. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2nd Corinthians 10:. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

Amen. Excellent passage. There is a day and an hour coming when this will soon be fulfilled in my own life. Though I would rather it be put off, it appears it will not. So I suppose I will add this pick to further emphasize your passage to the enemy.

c055953a5dfd5ce0b8a11815926d8634.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Transferring my haiku to here, as it highlights what for me is an important principle behind of the armor of God. When it shines, it manifests the glory of God, and serves warning on our spiritual enemy that there is power behind the things we are clothed in.

Weapons of warfare
And armor that shines brightly
Glisten in the sun

14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:14-17)

medieval-full-plate-armor-steelmastrycom2-640x533.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower