The Bible Way of Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is how I see that Bible’s way for a sinner to get saved.

1. No human being can, in and of themselves, call upon the Lord for their salvation. The Bible is very clear, as Romans 3:11 says: “There is no one who seeks after God”. The natural person would not desire to give their lives to the Lord. Salvation is a free Gift from God to the human race: “for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, that no one would boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

2. There is no “good work” that a sinner can ever do, that can “merit” their salvation. “Works salvation” is a man-made heresy. This is very clear in Romans 11:6, “And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work”.

3. Saving Faith, which leads a sinner to repentance and faith in the Lord, comes from the hearing in the inner person, of the Gospel Message preached, as Romans 10:17 says, “So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God”. As this faith cannot be self-manufactured, it must be a gift from God, through the Message received by the sinner.

4. The sinner hears the Gospel Message, and is convicted by the Holy Spirit, as Jesus tells is in John 16:8-9, “When he has come, he will convict the world about sin…about sin, because they don’t believe in me. Which is what happened to those who heard Peter’s sermon on the Day of Pentecost. “Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?” (Acts 2:37)

5. The sinner must, before they are saved, repent of their sins, and believe in their hearts the Gospel about the Lord Jesus Christ. Faith alone cannot save any sinner, apart from repenting of their sins. Mark 1:15, is very clear on this, “The time is fulfilled, and God’s Kingdom is at hand! Repent, and believe in the Good News.” Jesus does not say, “repent”, or “believe”, but the two must be taken together. Luke 24:47 also says, “and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem”. After Peter finished preaching on the Day of Pentecost, those who had been “convicted” by the Holy Spirit, asked “what shall we DO”. To which Peter responds, “Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38). So all of those who were under the conviction by the Holy Spirit, were told, not “do nothing”, but only “have faith”, as some falsely teach, but rather, “REPENT for forgiveness of sins”, and then they would “receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit”.

6. These on the Day of Pentecost, as is with all sinners, BELIEVED in the Gospel Message as preached by Peter. They were then called on to REPENT of their sins for their salvation. Ephesians 1:13 tells us, “in whom you also, having heard the word of the truth, the Good News of your salvation--in whom, having also believed, you were Sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise”. The Gift of the Holy Spirit in Acts (Acts 2:38), is the same as the “Sealing with the Holy Spirit”. The sinner is then a “born-again” believer, who is guaranteed to be with the Lord forever in Heaven!

7. From the time that the sinner is “born-again”, their eternal life begins, which is for all eternity, and cannot be lost at any time. Jesus Himself promises us, “Most certainly I tell you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and doesn’t come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life” (John 5:24). “has passed” in the Greek is the perfect active, showing that they had already crossed over from death to eternal life! In chapter 10, Jesus promises, “I give eternal life to them. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father who has given them to me is greater than all. No one is able to snatch them out of my Father’s hand” (28-29). The Greek is much stronger, “and in no way will they perish for ever”. Very emphatic. Once a sinner is “born-again”, they cannot ever be lost!

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget Baptism
"He who believes and is baptized shall be saved" (Mk 16:16)
"Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you"(1Pet 3:21)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................

What about the thief on the cross?

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget Baptism

Water baptism is just an outward symbol of our spiritual cleansing/testimony of repentance . The "baptism" of salvation is death to our body of sin and the resurrection as a new creation which shuns sin as pictured in the death and resurrection of Jesus (read Romans 6). It's the baptism of the Holy Spirt (Matt 3:11 & 1 Peter 1:2)

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about the thief on the cross?
The thieves on the cross shows salvation through the redemption of Jesus. When Jesus was first on the cross BOTH thieves mocked and ridiculed Jesus (Matthew 27:44) but as Jesus paid the cost, a changed heart was given to one of the thieves and he began to defend Christ and expressed the hope of a saved man, which is to be in heaven with Christ.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As the initiator of this forum topic pointed out, the Bible states there is NO ONE that seeks God on their own. This is stated in Romans 3:11 and Psalms 14:2-4. The Bible also states in Romans 9:18 that salvation is "not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy". No verse can be taken as doctrine until harmonized with the entire Bible, so we know that Romans 10 is not stating that a single verbal acknowledgment will save someone or that the heart can believe unto righteousness without that new heart being given by God first (Ezekiel 36:26 ). If someone has an intense desire to be saved, then God may be drawing them. All a person can do is seek, pray, obey. As Lamentations 3:26 says "It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD".

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The thieves on the cross shows salvation through the redemption of Jesus. When Jesus was first on the cross BOTH thieves mocked and ridiculed Jesus (Matthew 27:44) but as Jesus paid the cost, a changed heart was given to one of the thieves and he began to defend Christ and expressed the hope of a saved man, which is to be in heaven with Christ.

you must bring in your reformed theology! Jesus died for BOTH of the thieves, as He did for Judas. One CHOSE Jesus Christ, the other like Judas, REJECTED.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Water baptism is just an outward symbol of our spiritual cleansing/testimony of repentance . The "baptism" of salvation is death to our body of sin and the resurrection as a new creation which shuns sin as pictured in the death and resurrection of Jesus (read Romans 6). It's the baptism of the Holy Spirt (Matt 3:11 & 1 Peter 1:2)

That's not what scripture says.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

His “ CHANGE of Heart” which lead to his “ CHANGE of MIND” about Jesus and Who He was, and then *TURNING* to Him to get Saved—— * THAT * “ Turning” is the ONLY type of Repentance that counts for Salvation....

Nowhere in the KJV does it say “ Repent OF SINS to get Saved”.....To Repent means to have a “ change of mind” .....to TURN. We do not Turn “FROM” Sin to get Saved—- we Turn “ TO” God to get Saved.....

Remember the sinful Publican that “ went home Saved?” .....what did he do to get Justified ? He simply Turned to God in prayer , saying , “ Lord have Mercy on me, a Sinner “ ......it worked for him ....it worked for me .....it will work for any lost Sinner.......seeing that you are a lost Sinner That Needs a Savior and then TURNING to that Savior is the starting point of Christianity....The “ Turning” is the repentance that God is looking for....That gets you the Holy Spirit and without that Spirit in you first- — any attempt to “ Stop Sinning” is a Fool’s Errand.....on steroids!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, the Bible teaches that we must repent in order to be saved. “God…now commands all men everywhere to repent, because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world” (Acts 17:30-31). The Lord is longing that “all should come to repentance” (2 Pet. 3:9), in order that they might obtain “the remission of sins” (Acts 2:38).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible Way of Salvation
I s'pose its easier on your feet than bluestone pitchers!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't forget Baptism "He who believes and is baptized shall be saved" (Mk 16:16) "Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you"(1Pet 3:21)
Those two verses should be properly interpreted in the light of the entire Bible and the entire New Testament. In all the teachings of Christ on salvation, baptism was never included as a condition. But when we come to Mark 16:16 (which is genuine Scripture) and Acts 2:38 (which is also genuine Scripture) we get the impression that baptism is necessary for salvation. So we should take all of Scripture into account and discover that because conversion and baptism were meant to be inseparable, we have those verses. But baptism follows conversion and salvation.

What about the Scriptures which plainly speak of salvation and do not mention baptism? Those are the ones that need to be understood and accepted as God's plan of salvation. A few of those passages are shown below:

SALVATION IS THE GIFT OF GOD
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Eph 1:8-10)

ETERNAL LIFE IS THE GIFT OF GOD
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

IT IS FAITH IN CHRIST WHICH SAVES
And [the jailer] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30,31)

IT IS BELIEVING AND CALLING UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD WHICH SAVES
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Rom 10:8-13)

IT IS BELIEVING ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WHICH SAVES
Jesus said unto her, I am the Resurrection, and the Life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

While Christian baptism in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost is a commandment of Christ, baptism does not save. It confirms that you are saved.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those two verses should be properly interpreted in the light of the entire Bible and the entire New Testament. In all the teachings of Christ on salvation, baptism was never included as a condition. But when we come to Mark 16:16 (which is genuine Scripture) and Acts 2:38 (which is also genuine Scripture) we get the impression that baptism is necessary for salvation. So we should take all of Scripture into account and discover that because conversion and baptism were meant to be inseparable, we have those verses. But baptism follows conversion and salvation.

What about the Scriptures which plainly speak of salvation and do not mention baptism? Those are the ones that need to be understood and accepted as God's plan of salvation. A few of those passages are shown below:

SALVATION IS THE GIFT OF GOD
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Eph 1:8-10)

ETERNAL LIFE IS THE GIFT OF GOD
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (Rom 6:23)

IT IS FAITH IN CHRIST WHICH SAVES
And [the jailer] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30,31)

IT IS BELIEVING AND CALLING UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD WHICH SAVES
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Rom 10:8-13)

IT IS BELIEVING ON THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WHICH SAVES
Jesus said unto her, I am the Resurrection, and the Life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

While Christian baptism in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost is a commandment of Christ, baptism does not save. It confirms that you are saved.
Those tyres must be down to the metal!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don't forget Baptism

IF water baptism is part of spiritual salvation, then Paul would not have said what he does in 1 Corinthians 1:14-18

I thank God that I baptized none of you, except Crispus and Gaius, so that no one should say that I had baptized you into my own name. (I also baptized the household of Stephanas; besides them, I don’t know whether I baptized any other.) For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the Good News—not in wisdom of words, so that the cross of Christ wouldn’t be made void. For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are dying, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God

Paul was not sent to BAPTIZE, but to PREACH the Gospel of REPENTANCE and FAITH. Water baptism is important for the outward testimony of what the Holy Spirit has done inwardly for the sinner, by washing away their sins, and making them right (Justified) with God.

Reactions: michaelvpardo