The Bibles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
No I believe the KJV-1611 was the last true version created. All others are an abomination before the LORD. ( Because they added to or took away from Gods Word. )

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book. 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life and out of the holy city and from the things which are written in this book.

First off, this in context is only referring to the book or letter of Revelation, secondly, KJV-1611 added many things that are not found in the original text.

Things added by KJV not found in the original text.
[font="arial][size="2"]Matthew 27:35"that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots." This verse appears properly in John 19:24.John 8:9-10Delete: "being convicted by their own conscience . . . unto the last . . . alone . . . and saw none but the woman . . . those thine accusers."

The Greek properly reads: "But when they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the eldest, and Jesus was left with the woman being before him. Jesus lifted himself up and said to her, 'Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?'"

Acts 9:5-6"it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him . . . .[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]"Acts 10:6"he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Acts 10:21"which were sent unto him from Cornelius"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Acts 21:8"that were of Paul's company"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Romans 13:9"Thou shalt not bear false witness"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Romans 16:20"Amen"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Colossians 1:14"through his blood"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Hebrews 2:7"and didst set him over the works of thy hands"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Hebrews 11:13"and were persuaded of them and embraced them"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Hebrews 12:20"or with a dart shot through"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]1 John 2:23"(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also" is placed in italics in the KJV. The Greek Text omits this portion entirely.[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]1 John 5:7-8"in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these thee are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth" As previously explained, this is not part of the original Greek text.[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 1:8"the beginning and the ending"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 1:11"I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and . . . which are in Asia"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 1:20"which thou sawest"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 2:17"to eat of"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 5:4"and to read"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 5:14"four and twenty . . . him that lives forever and ever"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 11:1"and the angel stood"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 12:12"the inhabiters of"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 14:5"before the throne of God"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 15:2"over his mark"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 16:7"another out of"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 16:14"of the earth and"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 21:3"and be their God"

These are just some of the many errors found in the KJV-1611
[/size][/font]

TheUnworthyServant

Jan 30, 2010
Florida
First off, this in context is only referring to the book or letter of Revelation, secondly, KJV-1611 added many things that are not found in the original text.

Things added by KJV not found in the original text.
[font="arial][size="2"]Matthew 27:35"that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots." This verse appears properly in John 19:24.John 8:9-10Delete: "being convicted by their own conscience . . . unto the last . . . alone . . . and saw none but the woman . . . those thine accusers."

The Greek properly reads: "But when they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the eldest, and Jesus was left with the woman being before him. Jesus lifted himself up and said to her, 'Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?'"

Acts 9:5-6"it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him . . . .[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]"Acts 10:6"he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Acts 10:21"which were sent unto him from Cornelius"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Acts 21:8"that were of Paul's company"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Romans 13:9"Thou shalt not bear false witness"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Romans 16:20"Amen"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Colossians 1:14"through his blood"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Hebrews 2:7"and didst set him over the works of thy hands"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Hebrews 11:13"and were persuaded of them and embraced them"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Hebrews 12:20"or with a dart shot through"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]1 John 2:23"(but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also" is placed in italics in the KJV. The Greek Text omits this portion entirely.[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]1 John 5:7-8"in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit: and these thee are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth" As previously explained, this is not part of the original Greek text.[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 1:8"the beginning and the ending"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 1:11"I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and . . . which are in Asia"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 1:20"which thou sawest"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 2:17"to eat of"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 5:4"and to read"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 5:14"four and twenty . . . him that lives forever and ever"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 11:1"and the angel stood"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 12:12"the inhabiters of"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 14:5"before the throne of God"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 15:2"over his mark"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 16:7"another out of"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 16:14"of the earth and"[/size][/font]
[font="arial][size="2"]Revelation 21:3"and be their God"

These are just some of the many errors found in the KJV-1611
[/size][/font]

The KJV-1611 is the truest versionof Gods word in the English language.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
So I guess you believe that there were no bibles before 1611 AD.
Well pretty close actually there was only one other widley printed in English in 1599 called the Geneva Bible
The catholic church held the manuscripts and never wanted the man on the street to have access there was a Latin one but because there was no printing press yet they were few ..... 1611 was the first widley speard one how it was done is interesting story in itself ..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One day the world will wake up and discover that Jesus is with us, that God is quiet capable of teaching us without a book, that the Holy Spirirt was sent to teach us the truth, not the bible. One day people will go to Jesus, one day they will just ask Him for the truth instead of trying to figure it all out for themselves, one day people will stop following religion, one day people will have a presonal relationship with Jesus, that He will be number one, before all things,becasue when that day comes, there will be no lies, no opinions, no division, no religion, the bible a thing of the past and Jesus will be everything. But not soon enough will this happen, much tribulation to come, more division, more opinions, more bible worship., too much religion, too many hirelings and not enough true sheperds. My God is so big I cant even begin to fathom the depth, and breadth of His wisdom, knowledge, love, and wisdom, but to the religious, He fits nicely into a book. Pity.

Benoni
God would of not ordained i
WHere did God ever say He ordained the bible, man has done many things in the name of God, so much as to make Him out to be a mean, unloving, murdering so and so, just because it was written does not mean God wrote it, just because some words that Jesus spoke are recorded in it, does not make it the word of God, just because man writes the words" Holy " on it does not make it so. I am glad you question things, open your eyes and you will see, open your ears and you will hear.

In His Love

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Well pretty close actually there was only one other widley printed in English in 1599 called the Geneva Bible
The catholic church held the manuscripts and never wanted the man on the street to have access there was a Latin one but because there was no printing press yet they were few ..... 1611 was the first widley speard one how it was done is interesting story in itself ..

Actually there were several others before the Calvin's Geneva bible.

The Wycliffite bible, the Tyndale bible, the Cloverdale bible, the Matthew bible, Taverner's bible, the Great bible, and Becke's bible.

And a couple between Calvin's version and KJV.

The Bishop's bible, and the Rheims-Douay bible.

There's a very good and unbiased book on the subject if your interested, it's titled "In The Beginning" by Alister McGrath. It covers the history surrounding the KJV.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The KJV-1611 is the truest versionof Gods word in the English language.

I most definitely disagree with you, there are a couple of translations that are much more accurate the KJV. Have you ever compared KJV with the Greek and Hebrew texts? In comparison the Concordant version and Young's literal version are much more accurate than KJV.

But aside from that reading any of the scriptures in any language, even the original language, can be misunderstood. Just look at the pharisees during Jesus' walk on earth, they studied the scriptures in Hebrew and in Greek and yet they misunderstood what the scriptures meant. One of the major misunderstandings was that the scriptures held and could give life. Many today use the scriptures as a guide yet the scriptures never make such a claim but rather instruct us to follow HolySpirit.

TheUnworthyServant

Jan 30, 2010
Florida
I most definitely disagree with you, there are a couple of translations that are much more accurate the KJV. Have you ever compared KJV with the Greek and Hebrew texts? In comparison the Concordant version and Young's literal version are much more accurate than KJV.

But aside from that reading any of the scriptures in any language, even the original language, can be misunderstood. Just look at the pharisees during Jesus' walk on earth, they studied the scriptures in Hebrew and in Greek and yet they misunderstood what the scriptures meant. One of the major misunderstandings was that the scriptures held and could give life. Many today use the scriptures as a guide yet the scriptures never make such a claim but rather instruct us to follow HolySpirit.

This is all the evidence I need: Why the KJV-1611

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
Just because a text is in Greek does not mean it is authenic. The LXX certainly isn't and never was accepted by scholars or Christians. Yes, the KJV is the Word of God and as God promised; He did perserved His word through the ages and the KJV is one of those perservations - it is a Holy Bible.

Read the first century text and what the Christians accepted and laid down their life for. You spend so much time trying to discredit the Bible; you need a real life.

Let go and accept Christ as your Lord and Savior. Repent!

You are trying to take Greek text you don't understand and give them authority from you, not even understsanding them. Stop and take a deep breath and realize God's presence and understand where you stand - fear God.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Just because a text is in Greek does not mean it is authenic. The LXX certainly isn't and never was accepted by scholars or Christians. Yes, the KJV is the Word of God and as God promised; He did perserved His word through the ages and the KJV is one of those perservations - it is a Holy Bible.

Read the first century text and what the Christians accepted and laid down their life for. You spend so much time trying to discredit the Bible; you need a real life.

Let go and accept Christ as your Lord and Savior. Repent!

You are trying to take Greek text you don't understand and give them authority from you, not even understsanding them. Stop and take a deep breath and realize God's presence and understand where you stand - fear God.

Who are you responding to?

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA
Who are you responding to?

YOU! You claim to be a Greek and Hebrew scholar. Do you read, write and speak Greek and Hebrew? How about arabic? You make claims that you read these things. What things? Which text? Do you really know the LXX? Its orgin and few fragments? Expound on your credientals and qulaifications that make you a Greek and Hebrew scholar. Add some creedence to your word. If you thnk I'll accept your word by faith, you are wrong. Outlandish statements that goes against God's word put it as one is wrong --- OK; your turn. Please!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
YOU! You claim to be a Greek and Hebrew scholar. Do you read, write and speak Greek and Hebrew? How about arabic? You make claims that you read these things. What things? Which text? Do you really know the LXX? Its orgin and few fragments? Expound on your credientals and qulaifications that make you a Greek and Hebrew scholar. Add some creedence to your word. If you thnk I'll accept your word by faith, you are wrong. Outlandish statements that goes against God's word put it as one is wrong --- OK; your turn. Please!

Where have I claimed to be a "Greek and Hebrew scholar"???

Read my earlier post I posted the verses that KJV has added to the scriptures. You assume that I am against the scriptures but that is incorrect. But I am against religious paradigm that elevates a translation of the scriptures to a place of preeminence, especially like KJVOism.

Now if you would like to discuss it further you will have to bring more than propaganda and personal attack.
smile.gif

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA

Read my earlier post I posted the verses that KJV has added to the scriptures. You assume that I am against the scriptures but that is incorrect. But I am against religious paradigm that elevates a translation of the scriptures to a place of preeminence, especially like KJVOism.

Now if you would like to discuss it further you will have to bring more than propaganda and personal attack.
smile.gif

I have read you post. You have invented your own path to heaven and your own salvation by your own defination. You go against Christianity and the Bible and the one way born again salvation through Jesus Christ.

You are not the only one to ever create their own religion. I have nothing to discuss with you. You must be born again.

Samuel Pickens

Feb 10, 2010
USA

smile.gif

I have read you post. You have invented your own path to heaven and your own salvation by your own defination. You go against Christianity and the Bible and the one way born again salvation through Jesus Christ.

You are not the only one to ever create their own religion. I have nothing to discuss with you. You must be born again.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Praying for you Sam.
smile.gif