The Blended Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The religious Christian Church is (and has been since the RCC came into existence) teaching a blended, harmonized gospel that takes what Jesus and His Apostles preached to the Jews which included the Law and what Paul preached for the grace Church that excluded the Law and mixes them together. These teachings were never meant to be blended, harmonized together. When you do it you destroy both messages. The scriptures teach we are to “rightly divide the word of truth,” not blend it together.

Galatians 2:3-5
3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.
4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),
5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.
NKJV note: “bring us into bondage.”

Let me make it clear that all the scriptures are written FOR US, but not all are written TO US. --- Jesus’ message was to the Jews and under the law, not under grace. Paul’s message was to the grace Church.

I get depressed when I hear the blended gospel being taught. It is a gospel fostered by the devil. I have opposed it on forums for years and have been asked to leave because of my objections to it. Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles because the Gentiles were never promised a kingdom on this earth. The following scriptures support my view.

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5-7 and Matt 15:23-24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all that was written of Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8.

HOWEVER; This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross.

But that purpose was “hidden in God” and not revealed until it was revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. The grace gospel was not in existence until Paul taught it. See Eph. 3:9 and Col. 1:26.

The Parable of the Wedding Feast; (Matt. 22: 1-10)

1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said:
2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son,
3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."'
5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business.
6 And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them.
7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
NKJV

We, today, are only invited because the Jews rejected Jesus as their king. God will not let what His Son did on the cross go without results.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking this one over a bit Richard. Not that I disagree, but I see Jesus's ministry more as a transition between the law and grace.

No doubt that during his ministry the law was still in effect, and yes.... He still approved of the law saying men ought to keep it. But he during his ministry was already preaching foregiveness and faith.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Grace and the law go together.....we are save by God's grace, and then repentance comes into being...as Jesus said "go and sin no more"....Apostle John says in 1st John sin is transgression of God's law...
So if you are saved by grace you should want to do God's commandments to repent and obey His will..if you don't then you should question the salvation.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
H. Richard said:
The religious Christian Church is (and has been since the RCC came into existence) teaching a blended, harmonized gospel that takes what Jesus and His Apostles preached to the Jews which included the Law and what Paul preached for the grace Church that excluded the Law and mixes them together. These teachings were never meant to be blended, harmonized together. When you do it you destroy both messages. The scriptures teach we are to “rightly divide the word of truth,” not blend it together.

3 Yet not even Titus who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.
4 And this occurred because of false brethren secretly brought in (who came in by stealth to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage),
5 to whom we did not yield submission even for an hour, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

Let me make it clear that all the scriptures are written FOR US, but not all are written TO US. --- Jesus’ message was to the Jews and under the law, not under grace. Paul’s message was to the grace Church.

I get depressed when I hear the blended gospel being taught. It is a gospel fostered by the devil. I have opposed it on forums for years and have been asked to leave because of my objections to it. Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" to the Gentiles because the Gentiles were never promised a kingdom on this earth. The following scriptures support my view.

5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.

23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Note that in Matt 10:5-7 and Matt 15:23-24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all that was written of Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8.

HOWEVER; This is not to say that God did not have another purpose for Jesus' death on the cross.

But that purpose was “hidden in God” and not revealed until it was revealed to Paul on the road to Damascus by Jesus. The grace gospel was not in existence until Paul taught it. See Eph. 3:9 and Col. 1:26.

2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son,
3 and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
4 Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."'
5 But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business.
7 But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
10 So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
NKJV

We, today, are only invited because the Jews rejected Jesus as their king. God will not let what His Son did on the cross go without results.
Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

We are grafted into the branch.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
davidnelson said:
Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

We are grafted into the branch.
You are correct, He came to fulfill them and He did on the cross. You don't graft into a branch. It has to be the root. Jesus is that root.

If you graft a branch into a root the part grafted in does not become like the other branches. If it did then what would be the purpose?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FHII said:
I'm thinking this one over a bit Richard. Not that I disagree, but I see Jesus's ministry more as a transition between the law and grace.

No doubt that during his ministry the law was still in effect, and yes.... He still approved of the law saying men ought to keep it. But he during his ministry was already preaching foregiveness and faith.
I see that the book of Acts is the transitional book. From Abraham God dealt with the Jews only. Gentiles were outside of the covenant God made with Israel. This was continued during Jesus' dealing with the Jews.

"Note that in Matt 10:5-7 and Matt 15:23-24 Jesus said He did not come EXCEPT to the house of Israel. Jesus came to confirm/fulfill all that was written of Him in the O.T. His mission was to the Jews, not to the Gentiles. This is what Paul meant in Rom 15:8."

Paul tells us that Jesus only came to fulfill all the promises God made to Israel. Jesus was there to bring in the promised kingdom. But the Jews rejected Him and that meant they rejected His kingdom. All through the 4 gospels Jesus is proclaiming His purpose so there isn't anything in them about a grace gospel going into effect. Jesus did, through parables, tell the Jews what would happen if they rejected Him.

The law was not given to save a person; it was given to show His people their sins and with that their need for God to save them. But when Jesus came the law had become a religion and they thought that trying to keep it, themselves would save them (outside of what God did). I see this same thing in today's religions.

God has always said that He would forgive the sins of men. That was clear in the sin offering in the Jewish Temple. But the things performed by the Jews were indicative of what their Messiah was to do. He, the Messiah would take care of their sins. But they couldn't see it just as those in religions can't see it today. It was impossible that the blood of sheep and goats could take away the sins of the Jews. Therefore God had to do it Himself. Jesus shed His own blood for the sins of all mankind, Jews and Gentiles.

Now that all sins have been paid for what is it that condemns people? It is unbelief in what Jesus did on the cross. Today, the onky way Satan can claim people is to make them refuse to believe in what Jesus did on the cross. The message of the cross has just about disappeared in today's religions. Religion tells us it is all about being good, trying to keep the law and by doing so the person has salvation.

Sorry this is so long.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
H. Richard said:
You are correct, He came to fulfill them and He did on the cross. You don't graft into a branch. It has to be the root. Jesus is that root.

If you graft a branch into a root the part grafted in does not become like the other branches. If it did then what would be the purpose?
Romans 11:17-24
But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, 18 do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. 19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.

Cultivated by what?

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
Firstly, Why do people think that the Old testament is somehow not valid? It defines who God is and gives shape to the Christian faith and identity. There has been only one method of salvation throughout all of the history of mankind: the atonement sacrifice of Yeshua the Messiah. Even in the Old Testament, the people were declared righteous when they had faith in the atonement that God would, in the future, provide. The law of Moses with all of the sacrifices and stipulations was and exercise in faith.

H. Richard said:
The law was not given to save a person; it was given to show His people their sins and with that their need for God to save them. But when Jesus came the law had become a religion and they thought that trying to keep it, themselves would save them (outside of what God did). I see this same thing in today's religions.

God has always said that He would forgive the sins of men. That was clear in the sin offering in the Jewish Temple. But the things performed by the Jews were indicative of what their Messiah was to do. He, the Messiah would take care of their sins. But they couldn't see it just as those in religions can't see it today. It was impossible that the blood of sheep and goats could take away the sins of the Jews. Therefore God had to do it Himself. Jesus shed His own blood for the sins of all mankind, Jews and Gentiles.

Now that all sins have been paid for what is it that condemns people? It is unbelief in what Jesus did on the cross. Today, the only way Satan can claim people is to make them refuse to believe in what Jesus did on the cross. The message of the cross has just about disappeared in today's religions. Religion tells us it is all about being good, trying to keep the law and by doing so the person has salvation.
#1 - Did you know that Torah provides no sacrifice or atonement for deliberate or willful sins? If you are guilty of just one sin when you knew it was wrong but did it anyway, then Torah condemns you with no possibility of redemption. The point is simple: Yeshua made an ABSOLUTELY NEW covenant.

#2 - Everybody loves to talk about "relationship" instead of religion but do not know God or anything about Him. This is not "relationship" with God this is idolatry. 99% of Protestantism is false for one very important reason: intellectual acceptance instead of lordship based faith. Doctrine is the BIG difference between wolves and sheep. Be careful of Christians that are too focused on positive thinking and talk about love almost exclusively. Most of the time, they are new age believers in disguise. Lots of New age occult followers acting like Christians nowadays.

Of course, it is not about keeping the law or the religion. You require no law if you know God. * You will know what pleases God and worship God correctly. God is Holy, in as much as He love***** HE REBUKES AND CHASTEN! ***** WE ARE MADE GOOD BECAUSE OF GOD!

One of modern day Satanism's chief founders was Alistair Crowley.
This man founded his religion on what he calls love, universal acceptance, equality, and no one being judged but acceptance for all.
Sound familiar? Its what many Christian churches teach today. Do not be deceived.

God is angry with the wicked every day and truly is filled with rage at the thought of those who love iniquity. God NEVER, EVER, accepts someone as they are and JUDGES ALL MANKIND. To love God is to hate evil and sins. To love God is to crucify your old self and follow Him. It's not about keeping laws and religious teachings.

Under Torah, Yeshua cannot be our High Priest because He was not descended from Arron's lineage. Nor could He have performed any sacrifice (like His own self) under Torah because He was not a Levite. If we are not under a completely brand new covenant "not according to the covenant that I made with your forefathers when I led them by them by the hand out of the land of Egypt " (Jer 31) then Yeshua cannot possibly be our atonement nor our mediator. THEREFORE: Yeshua made a brand new covenant that has it's own laws. Yeshua the Messiah taught the law of Moses to show people that they are sinners. He did this because He wanted them to turn to Him and be forgiven and delivered. Law teaches what sin IS and gets people to the point of needing a deliverer. Use it as Jesus did.

God, who is Love, hates all workers of iniquity (Psalm 5:5-6). Why should we be tolerant of a sinful and abominable lifestyle that God has condemned as punishable by death? "Hate" exists only because love does.
God hates all workers of sin (psalm 5:5-6) because of the great love He feels toward His holy Children made pure by the blood and water of Jesus Christ.

Our very salvation, based on grace, hangs on the truth of our faith. God gives no grace to one without real faith and faith is made real by obedience."The man who hears these teaching and obeys them not is like a man who builds his house on sand: the winds came and the floods beat on that house and it came down with a great crash." Those who do not obey Yeshua are not believers at all. If you don't at least try to obey YOUR LORD AND GOD, then you waste your breath praying to Him. This is because trust and commitment DEMANDS everything.

I got a longer message... to end this "You cannot be serious about your Christian faith without being properly labelled by others as a religious nutjob."

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

You are implying there are two gospels and yet Scripture implies that there is but one. How do you reconcile where your teaching disagrees with that of Scripture?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
H.Richard,

You are implying there are two gospels and yet Scripture implies that there is but one. How do you reconcile where your teaching disagrees with that of Scripture?
There has been more than two. There was one after the fall and then another beginning with Abraham.

After the Jews rejected Jesus don't you think something had to change? Or do you want to be Jewish under the Law of Moses?

God had a secret gospel. It was hidden in God. After the Jews rejected the gospel of the Kingdom God revealed His hidden gospel of grace to Paul.

There are some that read the scriptures and just ignore what they refuse to believe. Lets do a word hunt "hidden in God".

Eph 3:8-9
8 To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ,
9 and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ;
NKJV

Isn't it strange that some wish to ignore that grace came through Paul's gospel?

Deut 29:29
29 "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
NKJV

This was said to the Jews who were under the law. I point this out because I know that someone will say it meant those under grace must keep the Law. But it was said to the Jews only.

Secret things = hidden things. The above verse shows that God has hidden things from mankind. These things God reveals at His pleasure. Through Paul God has revealed that His works on the cross will save us if we will just believe in them.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
H. Richard said:

NKJV

Are you saying that there is a message for salvation in the NT for the 'Jews only' and a different message of salvation for everyone else? (I am confused about your point)

Also, I thought it was mostly Jews who (at least initially) accepted Jesus as the Messiah? I know the leadership rejected him but we're not the early converts all or mostly Jews?

I have never noticed this before. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
H. Richard said:

You did not read far enough in Matthew 5.....Jesus also said "heaven and earth will pass away but not one thing will be changed in the law, until ALL is fulfilled".....look outside heaven and earth are still here, so obviously all has NOT been fulfilled..this will be done at His return..read Revelation and get the entire picture as well.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
heretoeternity said:
You did not read far enough in Matthew 5.....Jesus also said "heaven and earth will pass away but not one thing will be changed in the law, until ALL is fulfilled".....look outside heaven and earth are still here, so obviously all has NOT been fulfilled..this will be done at His return..read Revelation and get the entire picture as well.
Exactly. God's words never changes.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
Jesus Fulfills the Law and the Prophets (MATTHEW 5:17-20)
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn’t come to destroy them, but to fulfill them, 18 because I tell all of you[j] with certainty that until heaven and earth disappear, not one letter[k] or one stroke of a letter will disappear from the Law until everything has been accomplished. 19 So whoever sets aside[l] one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom from[m] heaven. But whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom from[n] heaven 20 because I tell you, unless your righteousness greatly exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom from[o] heaven!”

You do not understand the concept of grafting.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

I see you hold to the flawed teaching of dispensationalism.

There is only one gospel which is why Paul asks that if anyone preaches another gospel let them be eternity condemned.

The closest to what you believe is that there is a number of covenants; each serving to progress to the next one.

The same gospel Jesus teaches is the same one Paul teaches but their point of view change from pre- new-covenant to post-new-covenant. The other difference is that Jesus presented it another way than Paul does. Now Peter told the Jews and converts to Judaism that they needed to repent and be immersed for the forgiveness of their sins and they would receive the promise of the Holy Spirit while about the Gentiles is asked if anyone could deny water to those God revealed his approval for. Same gospel but different words to teach it.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Rchard,

Eph 3:8-9 includes some first century Jewish mumbo jumbo which is misinterpreted by modern ears but has a figurative meaning. Perhaps the Jews of that age were more poetic that we are today as poets still use figurative words.

Genesis 1 teaches us spoke his word and all that has been created was created. It was his spoken word that God created all things by not Jesus Christ so Paul is replacing the spoken word of God with Jesus Christ in order to make a point.

The mystery of the ages is how godliness can be obtained by fallen humanity and it remains a mystery to many.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
kerwin said:
H.Rchard,

Eph 3:8-9 includes some first century Jewish mumbo jumbo which is misinterpreted by modern ears but has a figurative meaning. Perhaps the Jews of that age were more poetic that we are today as poets still use figurative words.

Genesis 1 teaches us spoke his word and all that has been created was created. It was his spoken word that God created all things by not Jesus Christ so Paul is replacing the spoken word of God with Jesus Christ in order to make a point.

The mystery of the ages is how godliness can be obtained by fallen humanity and it remains a mystery to many.
Jesus is God. The one and only. He became the manifestation of God's spirit into human flesh.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
DavidNelson,

If you want to discus whether Jesus is God or not there is a forum for it but it is considered a non-orthodox teaching on this site to claim he is not.

I personally do not find that teaching in Scripture but this is not the place to present my case.

Your own teaching sounds unorthodox as well since the Trinitarians teach that the Spirit of God and Jesus are two separate "persons" in one individual.

My words to H.Richard pointed out that Genesis 1 does not claim created the earth through Jesus Christ but rather claims he created the world through his spoken word. The obvious conclusion is that Paul is replacing the spoken word for Jesus Christ for a reason. It is up to us to determine what he is teaching by his parabolic words.

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
kerwin said:
DavidNelson,

If you want to discus whether Jesus is God or not there is a forum for it but it is considered a non-orthodox teaching on this site to claim he is not.

I personally do not find that teaching in Scripture but this is not the place to present my case.

Your own teaching sounds unorthodox as well since the Trinitarians teach that the Spirit of God and Jesus are two separate "persons" in one individual.

My words to H.Richard pointed out that Genesis 1 does not claim created the earth through Jesus Christ but rather claims he created the world through his spoken word. The obvious conclusion is that Paul is replacing the spoken word for Jesus Christ for a reason. It is up to us to determine what he is teaching by his parabolic words.
When people talk about "orthodox" it reminds me of the Jews. How they prefer to follow the Talmud rather than the Law of Moses. Your own teaching? I claim no authority to present my own teachings. My teachings comes from God. We may discuss this further in the "unorthodox" forum. I'll present my case.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
דוד חֵן (David) said:
Jesus Fulfills the Law and the Prophets (MATTHEW 5:17-20)
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I didn’t come to destroy them, but to fulfill them, 18 because I tell all of you[j] with certainty that until heaven and earth disappear, not one letter[k] or one stroke of a letter will disappear from the Law until everything has been accomplished. 19 So whoever sets aside[l] one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom from[m] heaven. But whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom from[n] heaven 20 because I tell you, unless your righteousness greatly exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom from[o] heaven!”

You do not understand the concept of grafting.
And you do not see the truth. Jesus said that they that do so are the least IN HEAVEN. In your mind you are thinking they will not be in heaven.