The boat of faith…..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:8 (NASB20)
and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 14:23 (NASB20)
…………………………………. ; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These two truths are speaking to the same truth that points to the boat of faith, one putting it forth one way, the other another, but both are pointing to the same truth; that being, the walk of one that pleases God…. For if one is not walking by trusting God, one is walking in the flesh, regardless of how much intellectual property one might possess, for faith is the currency before God…

For all scripture points to God’s willingness to work on one’s behalf, believing this as one’s constant diet is the walk of life that is required if that one would be of the heart to please God…. For riding in the boat of faith on the ocean of God’s grace with one desire to be pushed along by the winds of righteousness is a metaphor of the life that pleases God….. The boat being the truth that Jesus did die, and the believing one with Him, is the boat that will cross to the other side…..

For to the believing heart goes all things, for not all have this faith, but to those that do, the peace, the joy, the glory, the Christ that will be known if the look out, looks out for what is love, what is righteousness, what is being a peace maker in the walk of life….

To that one the boat of faith, is that that carries one to Christ……

In the Beloved, Not me

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:8 (NASB20)
and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Romans 14:23 (NASB20)
…………………………………. ; and whatever is not from faith is sin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These two truths are speaking to the same truth that points to the boat of faith, one putting it forth one way, the other another, but both are pointing to the same truth; that being, the walk of one that pleases God…. For if one is not walking by trusting God, one is walking in the flesh, regardless of how much intellectual property one might possess, for faith is the currency before God…

For all scripture points to God’s willingness to work on one’s behalf, believing this as one’s constant diet is the walk of life that is required if that one would be of the heart to please God…. For riding in the boat of faith on the ocean of God’s grace with one desire to be pushed along by the winds of righteousness is a metaphor of the life that pleases God….. The boat being the truth that Jesus did die, and the believing one with Him, is the boat that will cross to the other side…..

For to the believing heart goes all things, for not all have this faith, but to those that do, the peace, the joy, the glory, the Christ that will be known if the look out, looks out for what is love, what is righteousness, what is being a peace maker in the walk of life….

To that one the boat of faith, is that that carries one to Christ……

In the Beloved, Not me

Sorry, but can you explain this again. I can't tell if I agree or not. It seems you are saying you can be both Romans 8:8 and Romans 8:9. I believe once you receive the Spirit, you don't lose Him and go back to the flesh. You live up to the knowledge and conscience given you as a baby Christian level Philippians 3:16, then the Spirit releases more commandments and power to keep them as you mature in the Spirit. They are levels, and you just need to obey your conscience where your given level of faith is. My yoke is easy and my burden is light. That means the first faith makes on without sin, but imperfect. You grow out of the first level by the Spirit, not yourself, as HE is the author and finisher of our faith. Not us.

Romans 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Paul also calls this walk "from glory to glory."

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but can you explain this again. I can't tell if I agree or not. It seems you are saying you can be both Romans 8:8 and Romans 8:9. I believe once you receive the Spirit, you don't lose Him and go back to the flesh. You live up to the knowledge and conscience given you as a baby Christian level Philippians 3:16, then the Spirit releases more commandments and power to keep them as you mature in the Spirit. They are levels, and you just need to obey your conscience where your given level of faith is. My yoke is easy and my burden is light. That means the first faith makes on without sin, but imperfect. You grow out of the first level by the Spirit, not yourself, as HE is the author and finisher of our faith. Not us.

Romans 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”

Paul also calls this walk "from glory to glory."
Hello, ask God, for if it is of Him, He will bear witness and bring to light, if not it’s, it is unimportant….

Be blessed in your search after and into Him…

A fellow follower, Not me