The book of Enoch

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rant

Nov 22, 2007
Hi should a person read the book of Enoch its not in the bible, why and its a wild read very hard to understand whats your thougths. In the tribulation one of the two witnesses may be Enoch your thougths.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The book of Enoch should not be read as scripture. However in is part of the ApocryphaI see it the same as the Book of Maccabees and others there is nothing in it I remember that is contrary to Gods word in fact it can shed more detail on scripture especially regarding the fallen AngelsI see nothing wrong with using it as a second witness though no one should be making a religion out of itand as you say a wild read but it certainly sheds light on Gen 6. Heres a link if anyone wants to check it outhttp://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/

rant

Nov 22, 2007
Hi Kriss Enoch will be in the trib as a wit and from god and what is Maccabee never heard? nothing in it boy your smart, I had some reading in the book of Enoch and it was way over my head and you say there is nothing in it whats your IQ?

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
I think the book of Enoch is in figurative language, becausethe sun and the moon there is of the same size, which cannot be,because the sun is definitely larger.I have a question regarding the sun. Why is it the corona ofthe sun is hotter than the sun itself?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(rant;24695)
Hi Kriss Enoch will be in the trib as a wit and from god and what is Maccabee never heard? nothing in it boy your smart, I had some reading in the book of Enoch and it was way over my head and you say there is nothing in it whats your IQ?
Its called 20 years of study of scripture and Language and religious studies not IQ:) The books of Maccabees are Historal accounts of Anciet Jewish lifeand Jerusalem the first two books are included in the Catholic BibleThe Five Books of Maccabees1 and 2 Maccabees are historical narratives and tell the inspiring story of the Jewish people fighting for the right to worship God. Both books tell about the war that erupted in Israel in 167 B.C. when a Syrian king, Antiochus IV Epiphanes, decided to force the Jews to give up their religion and start worshipping Greek gods. He killed 40,000 Jews, enslaved 40,000 others, turned the Jerusalem Temple into a temple for the Greek god Zeus, and ordered Jews to offer sacrifices to the Greek deities. But one Jewish man, Mattathias, his five sons, and grandchildren, who were nicknamed the Maccabee (meaning "the hammerers"), overthrew the Syrians, restored the Temple, and ruled Israel themselves until the Romans and Herod took over in 37 B.C. Antiochus IV Epiphanes is a central figure in the Book of Daniel as the type of the Antichrist... and he was one of the successors of Alexander the Great after his death in 232 B.C.Antiochus died in 163 B.C., so his ruling over Israel lasted 3.5 years, the same period of time the Antichrist will reign. Before the Maccabees the resistance to the Antichrist was passive, with prayers and patience... afterwards it was active, with prayers and fighting... always with the trust in the Lord. In The Bible:1 and 2 Maccabees are in the Catholic and Orthodox Bibles, they are the Word of God as much as Exodus, included in the canon even in two General Councils, in Florence and Trent. The Protestant Bibles usually do not have them.3 Maccabees:A book written in the first century B.C., tells of the struggles of Egyptian Jews under the tyranny of King Ptolemy IV in 221-203 B.C., and is not about the Maccabees. It is not included in the Catholic nor Protestant Bibles, but it is included in some Orthodox Bibles. Written about 50 BCThird and Fourth Maccabees, also found in the Septuagint, were not included in St. Jerome’s Vulgate nor in the Catholic Bibles, and are usually classified among the Pseudepigrapha... Columbia Encyclopedia 4 Maccabees:It was written during the time of Jesus. It praises the Maccabees for the good they did for their faith. It is primarily a philosophical discussion of the primacy of reason, governed by religious laws, over passion. Although it is not included in any Bible, it offered inspiration to early Christians who were willing to die for their faith in Jesus.5 Maccabees: It contains a history of the Jews from 184 B.C. to 86 B.C. In 2 Maccabees, the author mentions that his work is a summary of the larger history in five books of Jason of Cyrene (2Mac.2:23-31

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Mighty Bear;24698)
I think the book of Enoch is in figurative language, becausethe sun and the moon there is of the same size, which cannot be,because the sun is definitely larger.I have a question regarding the sun. Why is it the corona ofthe sun is hotter than the sun itself?
Just because its not scientifically perfectly accurate does not dimish its importance it was extremly accurate for its time explaining wheather and the such also that mistake in size could have been a translation error

rant

Nov 22, 2007
Hi kriss your jewish read Is 17 war or Damascus I will be going with you to rebuild Israel soon . We may see one another.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Hi rant:I agree with Kriss about the book of Enoch. I have my own theology regarding the bible: it is the formal Word of God and has everything in it for our instruction, reproof, salvation and so forth. However, there are secondary books that are good and shed light on difficult things to understand, and we find the men of the bible actually quoting from these books! They are informal.I state the analogy as such: If I am a defendant in a court case, I may have things to say to my lawyer in the back room (analogous to apocryphal books), but then the lawyer compiles it to present a formal case in court to the people (Analogous to the bible) which is all that is needed in court.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
You can read Jasher. It's mentioned in the Bible. Jasher is a book that has been lost but has recently been found.Joshua 10:13And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.2 Samuel 1:18(Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)

rant

Nov 22, 2007
Hi its good to talk its not part of the bible thats why I would like to get the feel of what people think.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Wakka;24722)
You can read Jasher. It's mentioned in the Bible. Jasher is a book that has been lost but has recently been found.Joshua 10:13And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.2 Samuel 1:18(Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)
heres a link to Jasherhttp://www.ccel.org/a/anonymous/jasher/home.html

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
The Bible doesn't contain all of the books that were made. The Bible is a collection of Books. So some are left out, like Jasher.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Right Wakka the Bible contains everything we need to know but if one desires to study futher there are other Books one must use decernment however for the are fakes out there.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(rant;24727)
Hi Kriss good to see you never rest.
yeah Im always lurking around watching hehehe:)

SummaScriptura

Dec 12, 2008
I will ask on hypothetical question:

Is it possible that some books were written in ancient times by Biblical persons, and those books survived but were not included in the Bible?

For instance, can we allow the thought that a Biblical patriarch wrote something, we can still read it, but it is not considered inspired?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will ask on hypothetical question:

Is it possible that some books were written in ancient times by Biblical persons, and those books survived but were not included in the Bible?

For instance, can we allow the thought that a Biblical patriarch wrote something, we can still read it, but it is not considered inspired?

Without the authority of the church - who knows what could be added or taken away from the Bible?