The Book Of Enock

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
accept Enoch just because it is not in our Bible today.

Please don't teach people to accept a book written by anyone that is alien to the Bible! You are in danger of the plagues (hell) written in Revelation 22:18 by asking people to add and accept a wrong teaching.

Which of these Bibles would Jesus have been most likely to accept?
The one He wrote which is circumscribe by the Bible alone and in its' entirety.

Revelation 22:18-19 reads:

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

If God wanted Enoch to write a book, as He did with Moses, Jeremiah, and Paul, it would have been included in the Bible for the Bible is God's book.

To God Be The Glory

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The book of Enoch was ultimately rejected in 364 AD at the Council of Laodicea. The fact that this act of betrayal against the earlier traditions happened in the church of Laodicea is stunningly prophetic, for the Prophet of Revelation has more harsh words for Laodicea than any other church in Asia,

I will spit you out of my mouth… You are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked… be zealous, therefore, and repent.[4]

Discontented by this critique of their town, Laodicea tried to remove Revelation from the Bible too, in addition to Enoch, but the Council of Carthage superceded them. Should we allow these Laodicean heretics to have the final say on Enoch?
Satan was hard at work even then to shut down bible prophecy!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Enoch was ultimately rejected in 364 AD? Are you serious.? Do you know what you are really declaring? Of course the book was rejected because the Bible was completed. The book would have been added to the Bible, and would have been contrary to Revelation 22:18! Don't you think God will take care of His or the book of Enoch if it was inspired?

Like many, many people, you too read the Bible very casually, like its' an ordinary book.

For instance, and like some scholars, you claim that the “sons of God” in Genesis 6:2 were “giants” and intermarried with the daughters of men.

Have you not read that God created He them male and female and after their kind? And that He created the animals and everything else after their kind?

Why do you people then claim that the sons of God married with the daughters of men?
Your hermeneutics is very, very faulty!

Actually, the sons of God are believers and the daughters of men are those unsaved.
(Job 1:6; Jn 1:12; Ro 8:14?)

Genesis 6:2 is teaching that we are not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers!

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

To God Be The Glory

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
A person that walked with God it would be wise to hear his words and try to understand them. A person that foretold the history of Earth it would be wise to hear him. The first to say that Christ will be coming with the clouds of heaven with ten thousand angels. I will try to understand blessed be the name of the Lord.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, The Barrd.

The Barrd said:
Much as I hate to disagree with you, my friend.
I refer you to Paul:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

For some reason, most modern Christians seem to think that Paul was referring to the Bible.
But this is impossible.
Why? The answer is so very simple. (Maybe that's why so many can't see it?)

Paul couldn't have been referring to the Bible as we know it today, because the Bible did not exist when he wrote those words.

It is my contention that when Paul said "all scripture is given"....he literally meant all of it.

On the other hand, I will agree that God did make sure that everything we need to know concerning our salvation is in our Bible.
Haven’t you heard about the TANAKH (the Torah [Instruction], Navi’iym [Prophets], and Ketuviym [Writings])?! Paulos WAS talking about the Bible, the JEWISH Bible, just not the NT writings (which were works in progress). The TANAKH NEVER included the Book of Chanokh (Enoch).

By the way, if we use an 17.66-inch cubit, we’re talking about a creature 147.166 YARDS tall! There’s also a 20.603-inch cubit (the Royal Cubit of Egypt), or 171.69166 YARDS! A football field and a half tall OR MORE?! Really?! It’s FICTION! That’s why it isn’t canonical.

Furthermore, the fiction of this book produced the fiction of the movie, “Noah.” It’s fun, but remembering that it’s fiction keeps things in perspective.