The book of Numbers...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1520184855866-576x1024.jpg

We waited 14 years for our children. Only Jesus coming and opening my wife's womb could change things. A promised son he sent. We gave two here and two in heaven.

A question I've never been able to have answered.

How can a woman take the life of her own developing child within her? I've wept over this unanswered question. These wretched women later realize they have erred.

Carol, a school friend of my wife's aborted a perfectly formed baby boy. She married the father and had three daughters but NEVER another son. After decades she still grieves. If these were unfeeling masses of flesh as PLANNED UNPARENTHOOD touts, there would be no grieving.

But my dear friends your spirit KNOWS. You can't deceive your spirit.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 1864

We waited 14 years for our children. Only Jesus coming and opening my wife's womb could change things. A promised son he sent. We gave two here and two in heaven.

A question I've never been able to have answered.

How can a woman take the life of her own developing child within her? I've wept over this unanswered question. These wretched women later realize they have erred.

Carol, a school friend of my wife's aborted a perfectly formed baby boy. She married the father and had three daughters but NEVER another son. After decades she still grieves. If these were unfeeling masses of flesh as PLANNED UNPARENTHOOD touts, there would be no grieving.

But my dear friends your spirit KNOWS. You can't deceive your spirit.

its about what people value, they are taught to value themselves and their lives more than anything else, a narcissistic society that breeds the same. but one should understand that those without the Life of Christ have only this life in the flesh, should they give that up, for what you value?

its no different then the animal kingdom, they will leave the week behind, sometimes just plain out reject their own off spring, male lions when taking over a pride with kill off any cubs not of himself. there's no moral issues regrets guilt or self condemnation for none of these actions in the animal kingdom. because its about survival of what is valued the most buy the life surviving. a herd will only go so far to protect a member until they back off and let the predator have a member. life in and of the flesh is what it is, and in the case of mankind its no different other than God's influence. you may not understand because you might expect human nature to be something its not. human nature is not like God's nature at all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just seen this Frank.. OP gets it point across strongly! Amen.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since I became a believer at age 30, until now at 63, I have not , in or out of churches, met a single Christian, who was not judgemental in one way or another, toward certain groups or individuals....The first fellowship I attended began quickly teaching me those same ways, as in, anything at all they said God disapproved of, we were to turn up our noses at those people as they were 'less' than us....along those lines....Needless to say, I did not stay there too long, but to my amazement, I found this same issue everywhere I went.........Such ego's, such arrogance, such pride, such deep condemnation toward certain members of society.........I never lasted long in any of the fellowships, as it hurt me so deep in my heart every time I came across this, as I knew it was wrong, but was aware that I too had a lot of it in me, even things I had not had previous to becoming a believer, so I had actually gotten worse !!!
It took many years, first the willingness to listen to the Lord, for Him to undo a lot of what I had wrongly taken into my being......He has now shown me in many different ways, why it is so detrimental to us, to judge those who's lives we cannot live for even one minute, and therefore are ill equipped to judge......But we are also hurting ourselves when we do this, much to our enemies delight...........when we choose to stand side by side with the enemy and become accusers along with him, I can assure you, that will do us no good at all, and we must do all we can to resist this, fleshly, pre - Jesus' payment of all sin, response we take, toward those we see doing things we deem sinful.
A lot of Christians I have met have had a scale whereby they judge peoples sins.....Some believe that all 'gay' people will go to hell, but their own gossiping is quite fine....They have a sort of little sin, big sin scenario...but all seem so pre-occupied with sin, when the Bible tells us to consider ourselves 'dead TO sin'.
I have surely seen more time spent on sin, judgement and condemnation in churches and fellowships than I have the Love, the gentleness and the forgiveness of the Lord, or for that matter , even the reality of the Lord.
I know it's not easy when we see or hear of an act which we deem awful. Instantly our flesh will rise up in either indignation, anger or revulsion or some other emotion based reaction, and often it is from a perspective of vengeance that we go forward into our judgements of the people involved.
But we have been called to a higher life, one we have barely scratched the surface of, because we still have such an issue with sin, law, doctrines, traditions and men's teachings but very little actual contact with the only One who can help us in this 'New Life', to become this New Creation, which Christ was the firstborn....One which is beyond the law, sin, death of spirit and so on......One who is supposed to learn and mature into the fullness of the Love of our Father, and of Jesus, who gave His life for us.....somehow to be raised above all the futility and pettiness of human reactions, understandings and self will.
Please don't get me wrong, I am not at all saying we should embrace awful behavior...I am however saying, please be careful how you judge others, even if you think you are well within your 'rights' to do so.....Seek Him on this matter, it certainly is an important matter which is far too often neglected.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The older you get the less you judge at least in my case. Yet we cannot give up righteous judgement. Balance is a difficult thing. Only God can help us in this. He has rebuked me sore in past times for snap judgements.

The more we judge ourselves the less we'll judge others. The audience at the street trial of the so called adulterous woman to wit.
Not having had peace for the first 33 years of life I prefer it to all else. It will be disturbed if I continually sit as a judge in a wrong way.

In some things we do not judge. "judge not lest you be judged". Matthew 7:1

In all else "judge righteous judgment".
John 7:24

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We indeed cannot help the judgments that form within us, but we should be able to control our mouths to speak them openly unless there is no doubt that such speaking is exactly what God wants from us. The tongue is often the thing. James writes about it:

"If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain." James 1:26

"Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be." James 3:5-10

And Jesus said:

"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." Matt 5:37

So can we not even talk? If we are talking with hearing from God or receiving our words from God what good things are we likely to say?

"O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matt 12:34-37

Reactions: pia and Frank Lee

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In all else "judge righteous judgment"
Hello Frank.....That, right there is one of christianities problems.......people read this and can only understand and respond in the flesh ( unless He is the one showing them )......
There is a difference in 'weighing' something up, and letting wisdom be our guide, and judgement, but because the translation uses the word 'judgement' here, that is the way most people go...
It was the Lord Himself who showed me, why I should never judge another ........His first reply to me was :" You are just not qualified !", and I must say, that got through to me loud and clear, then He continued from there..
I know it is a very difficult thing, to always be waiting on the Lord for answers, but sadly far too many just jump to whatever conclusion sits best with them ( and let's face it, all humans judge one another), and never bother going into the deep, with Him.....

Reactions: amadeus and Helen