The Born Again Prophecy from Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus debunked himself here?...

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16 verses [The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.] according to biblegateway.
You are building a doctrine of works on flimsy foundations.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus had not instituted the new covenant until 43 days after the thief died.

Yet Jesus started the new covanent when he had the last supper and initiated it at his death, it is his blood and his broken body that saved us and commenced the new covernant.
see 1 cor 11:23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: the Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, ‘This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.’ 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.’ 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 16 verses [The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.] according to biblegateway.
You are building a doctrine of works on flimsy foundations.
You are an Acts skipping Mark skipper.

All because you reject Acts 2:38.

It's a snowball effect.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet Jesus started the new covanent when he had the last supper and initiated it at his death, it is his blood and his broken body that saved us and commenced the new covernant.
see 1 cor 11:23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: the Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, ‘This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.’ 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, ‘This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.’ 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
Jesus strated the new covenant prior to dying for the sin of the world, resurrecting, then pouring out his Spirit at Pentecost?

Was all that an afterthought?

heartwashed

Jul 18, 2022
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing more I would include, is Baptism by immersion (not sprinkling)...

Although regeneration can come about through sprinkling.

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

Now, what is the name of the son per Matt 28:19?

the quest is how does the Christian church perform the holy sacrament of baptism?

Valid Christian baptism requires the flowing water over the forehead three times.

With the words:

I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit! Matt 28:19

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although regeneration can come about through sprinkling.

Eze 36:25, Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26, A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27, And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Spirit regeneration is after prior baptism.

This is why there is only one baptism needed, one time in our life, but continual regeneration of the Spirit.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the quest is how does the Christian church perform the holy sacrament of baptism?

Valid Christian baptism requires the flowing water over the forehead three times.

With the words:

I baptize you in the name of the father and of the son and of the Holy Spirit! Matt 28:19
...as they(RCC) skip Acts 2:38 and say the name of the son is "son".

LOL

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus strated the new covenant prior to dying for the sin of the world, resurrecting, then pouring out his Spirit at Pentecost?

Was all that an afterthought?

There is a difference between starting something and having a visible demonstration of that thing.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between starting something and having a visible demonstration of that thing.
It is called this...seeing the kingdom of God.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

They saw it as evidence it arrived.(Tongues of fire at Pentecost)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Excluding Judas.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You say Acts 2:38 is not necessary to be saved, then Mark 16:16 is not either.

You are an Acts skipping, Mark skipper.

If you read my posts have have never said that. You are reading that into what I have said.

You are or have built a doctrine on one verse, that is a dangerous thing to do.

In doing this you limit God to only what you understand.

By insisting that only baptised people can be Christian you are saying that every person you comes to a saving relationship with Jesus, but for what ever reason is not baptised they cannot be a christian.
You are in effect saying that it is works that save not faith.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read my posts have have never said that. You are reading that into what I have said.

You are or have built a doctrine on one verse, that is a dangerous thing to do.

In doing this you limit God to only what you understand.

By insisting that only baptised people can be Christian you are saying that every person you comes to a saving relationship with Jesus, but for what ever reason is not baptised they cannot be a christian.
You are in effect saying that it is works that save not faith.
I didn't say it, but Peter said it....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Folks without remission of sins are not Christians.