The Bottom Line.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rdventen

Feb 16, 2010
USA
Mark:9; 7 & 8 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: listen to him. And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no one else except Jesus only with themselves.

You can believe all that the Son of God says in the Bible, believe it or not. You can choose to believe it or not, it's up to you and you alone.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Mark:9; 7 & 8 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: listen to him. And suddenly, when they had looked round about, they saw no one else except Jesus only with themselves.

You can believe all that the Son of God says in the Bible, believe it or not. You can choose to believe it or not, it's up to you and you alone.

YLT Mt 15:22-24 and lo, a woman, a Canaanitess, from those borders having come forth, did call to him, saying, 'Deal kindly with me, Sir-Son of David; my daughter is miserably demonized.' And he did not answer her a word; and his disciples having come to him, were asking him, saying-'Let her away, because she crieth after us;'and he answering said,
'I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'

rd, If I follow your advice, how do I take this claim of the Lord? Was He serious? What about the rest of the world? He never mentions any change in plans. Other people mention a change in God's plan, Paul the apostle in particular, but then I would have to believe everything he said as well, too, right? Help me make some sense out of this...
fivesense

rdventen

Feb 16, 2010
USA
YLT Mt 15:22-24 and lo, a woman, a Canaanitess, from those borders having come forth, did call to him, saying, 'Deal kindly with me, Sir-Son of David; my daughter is miserably demonized.' And he did not answer her a word; and his disciples having come to him, were asking him, saying-'Let her away, because she crieth after us;'and he answering said,
'I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.'

rd, If I follow your advice, how do I take this claim of the Lord? Was He serious? What about the rest of the world? He never mentions any change in plans. Other people mention a change in God's plan, Paul the apostle in particular, but then I would have to believe everything he said as well, too, right? Help me make some sense out of this...
fivesense

You have to understand that the Gospel had go out to Israel first because the promises were given to the fathers Abraham, Isac, and Jacob then out to the rest of the world, but keep in mind that Jesus did talk with the woman.

Robinson Crusoe

Feb 15, 2010

Well, what He said appears to be true, but do you put your faith in it (that, I think, is the real choice God will force us all to make, one way or another). There's a big difference between believing something is true and submitting to it. My favorite short story about that is, "The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus," by Christopher Marlowe (1564-1593).