• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John the Baptist was a prophet, and he prophetically saw the Bridegroom and the Bride in the future. The Church (the Body of Christ) is not only the Body, but also the Bride and the Building. Kindly do a Concordance search for yourself. The Bride must become the Lamb's Wife eventually.
The last sentence of your post bothers me.. the thing is, if you’re a child of God, and I believe you are why would you say must eventually.
Does God Father illegitimate children?

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get it,
The Baptist said he saw the bridegroom with the bride. I want to know what John saw. I believe I know, yet most I encounter say it was me?
So...you think you know the answer before asking the question? Interesting strategy.

Just a word of caution. Many heresies have come from filling in the blanks of scripture. As Paul said, now we see in a glass darkly, but THEN face to face.... I don’t believe the church is there yet. IOW, we will not understand fully, as Paul said, until some future time.

In the meantime, the Holy Spirit was sent to guide us into all truth...and show us all that we need to know. The truth comes from HIM and no other source—not from the human mind, not from mystics or mystery religions, etc.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...you think you know the answer before asking the question? Interesting strategy.

Just a word of caution. Many heresies have come from filling in the blanks of scripture. As Paul said, now we see in a glass darkly, but THEN face to face.... I don’t believe the church is there yet. IOW, we will not understand fully, as Paul said, until some future time.

In the meantime, the Holy Spirit was sent to guide us into all truth...and show us all that we need to know. The truth comes from HIM and no other source—not from the human mind, not from mystics or mystery religions, etc.
Ok, so if the church is the bride, which one?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Charismatic friend was over the other night and informed me that he was the bride of Christ, and Jesus was coming to get him soon.

So I asked him, are you born of the Spirit?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 17:10,15,22,24 KJV
[10] And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

[22] And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

[24] Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of heresies have come from scribes as well.
And the writers of the law.
But if you really want to find the truth, you really have to seek it.
Jesus is in there, everywhere, except some liked to forget He existed.
They tossed the baby out with the water, so to speak.
The Jews are the ones that created the lie.
I have verses to support this.. ye are the children of your father the devil.. and many more.
And they wanted to be the only heir.
God had other plans.
Jesus came from Ishmael and from Ruth.. both Gentiles.
Jesus is the Light of the Gentiles and he was sent to save the Jews.
Even after they threw him out into the wilderness to die.
God heard Him.
My Father hears me.
Even the Roman Church has tried to kill the knowledge of the one true God, by changing times and seasons.
But Jesus is risen no matter how many times the world tries to kill him. God raised Him from the dead.
And is seated at the right hand of the Father.
The protestant churches are still of the seed of the Roman church and carry with it it's traditions.
When God says come out.. he means come out, don't take idols with you and wrap them in a blanket and try to hide them by sitting on them, or wrapping them in a cloak. It won't make it go out.
It's just out of sight and out of mind.
But it's still there.

Like Joseph. All the brothers envied him so they threw him in a pit. He was brought to Egypt where he became 2nd to Pharoah and saved his brethren.
This is over and over and over again.

The bride is those that hear his voice. They are his sheep. Peter knew and still denied him 3 times.
When asked do you love me, Peter replied yes 3 times and still scattered the sheep.
And I'm not even going to bring up the wolf in sheeps clothing, because people get funny about that.
Zion is Eden, New Jerusalem is the City in which the saints dwell.. with the Lion and the Lamb.

Not even mentioning the calf which Abraham gave to the 3 men that came to visit. And then Aaron took the calf and made an idol.
And Moses smashes it and mixed it with water and made them drink their own idol worship.
Not to mention the snake in the garden who moses put on a pole, strung him up on a tree,
But God said, everyone who looks on him will be healed. Amen..
They turned the truth into a lie and worshipped the creature and not God.
And even though they didn't like to retain God is their minds he gave them up as reprobates.
But sent His son to come and save them.
I study. I get crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live.
And I am risen because He lives in me.
And where he is I am also.

Prove me wrong.
Don't just say I'm wrong.
Prove me.
Hugs

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of heresies have come from scribes as well.
And the writers of the law.
But if you really want to find the truth, you really have to seek it.
Jesus is in there, everywhere, except some liked to forget He existed.
They tossed the baby out with the water, so to speak.
The Jews are the ones that created the lie.
I have verses to support this.. ye are the children of your father the devil.. and many more.
And they wanted to be the only heir.
God had other plans.
Jesus came from Ishmael and from Ruth.. both Gentiles.
Jesus is the Light of the Gentiles and he was sent to save the Jews.
Even after they threw him out into the wilderness to die.
God heard Him.
My Father hears me.
Even the Roman Church has tried to kill the knowledge of the one true God, by changing times and seasons.
But Jesus is risen no matter how many times the world tries to kill him. God raised Him from the dead.
And is seated at the right hand of the Father.
The protestant churches are still of the seed of the Roman church and carry with it it's traditions.
When God says come out.. he means come out, don't take idols with you and wrap them in a blanket and try to hide them by sitting on them, or wrapping them in a cloak. It won't make it go out.
It's just out of sight and out of mind.
But it's still there.

Like Joseph. All the brothers envied him so they threw him in a pit. He was brought to Egypt where he became 2nd to Pharoah and saved his brethren.
This is over and over and over again.

The bride is those that hear his voice. They are his sheep. Peter knew and still denied him 3 times.
When asked do you love me, Peter replied yes 3 times and still scattered the sheep.
And I'm not even going to bring up the wolf in sheeps clothing, because people get funny about that.
Zion is Eden, New Jerusalem is the City in which the saints dwell.. with the Lion and the Lamb.

Not even mentioning the calf which Abraham gave to the 3 men that came to visit. And then Aaron took the calf and made an idol.
And Moses smashes it and mixed it with water and made them drink their own idol worship.
Not to mention the snake in the garden who moses put on a pole, strung him up on a tree,
But God said, everyone who looks on him will be healed. Amen..
They turned the truth into a lie and worshipped the creature and not God.
And even though they didn't like to retain God is their minds he gave them up as reprobates.
But sent His son to come and save them.
I study. I get crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live.
And I am risen because He lives in me.
And where he is I am also.

Prove me wrong.
Don't just say I'm wrong.
Prove me.
Hugs
I don’t believe that God allowed substantive errors in His written Word the Bible. Many heresies have come from believing that God is not powerful enough to have men say and write what HE WANTED SAID AND WRITTEN! Indeed, our Lord Himself spoke “It is written....”

So...this is where you and I part ways, and I will stay on the road that I am on—the narrow one that leads to LIFE IN CHRIST! The “mystery” has been solved. It is CHRIST IN US.

Edit: I feel the need to clarify what I mean by "substantive errors." Any time there is a translation from one language to another, there may not be a word-for-word representation. This is especially true from Greek to English. For instance, Greek has several words that mean love--the various types of love. English basically has one that is used in the Bible. These differences can lead to misunderstandings.

HOWEVER, Jesus didn't leave us as orphans to figure out the Bible for ourselves. He sent the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth (John 16:13). He said, "If you continue in My word, you really are My disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” (John 8:31-32).

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eze 20:21
Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they
walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgments to do them, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.
Eze 20:22
Nevertheless I withdrew mine hand, and wrought for my name's sake, that it should not be polluted in the sight of the heathen, in whose sight I brought them forth.
Eze 20:23
I lifted up mine hand unto them also in the wilderness, that I would scatter them among the heathen, and disperse them through the countries;
Eze 20:24
Because they had not executed my judgments, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols.
Eze 20:25
Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live;
Eze 20:26
And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the LORD.
Eze 20:27
Therefore, son of man, speak unto the house of Israel, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Yet in this your fathers have blasphemed me, in that they have committed a trespass against me.
Eze 20:28
For when I had brought them into the land, for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to them, then they saw every high hill, and all the thick trees, and they offered there their sacrifices, and there they presented the provocation of their offering: there also they made their sweet savour, and poured out there their drink offerings.
Eze 20:29
Then I said unto them, What is the high place whereunto ye go? And the name thereof is called Bamah unto this day.
Eze 20:30
Wherefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Are ye polluted after the manner of your fathers? and commit ye whoredom after their abominations?
Eze 20:31
For when ye offer your gifts, when ye make your sons to pass through the fire, ye pollute yourselves with all your idols, even unto this day: and shall I be enquired of by you, O house of Israel? As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I will not be enquired of by you.
Eze 20:32
And that which cometh into your mind shall not be at all, that ye say, We will be as the heathen, as the families of the countries, to serve wood and stone.
Eze 20:33
As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out, will I rule over you:
Eze 20:34
And I will bring you out from the people, and will gather you out of the countries wherein ye are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out.
Eze 20:35
And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face.
Eze 20:36
Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.
Eze 20:37
And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:
Eze 20:38
And I will purge out from among you the rebels, and them that transgress against me: I will bring them forth out of the country where they sojourn, and they shall not enter into the land of Israel: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe that God allowed substantive errors in His written Word the Bible. Many heresies have come from believing that God is not powerful enough to have men say and write what HE WANTED SAID AND WRITTEN! Indeed, our Lord Himself spoke “It is written....”

So...this is where you and I part ways, and I will stay on the road that I am on—the narrow one that leads to LIFE IN CHRIST! The “mystery” has been solved. It is CHRIST IN US.
So what your saying is that Jesus lied when He called the scribes.. the ones doctoring the laws.. LIARS?
You can't have it both ways.
God told them to write exactly the truth. But they (the doctors) changed the truth into a lie. Not God.
Hugs
His Word is Truth. And there are tares in it.
Hugs

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure what that is,

The New American Bible - IntraText

but you and I had a conversation a while back where you said come to the wedding supper, and I told you I’m there. I ask this, does the supper come before or after the wedding?

What is 'before' and 'after' with respect to eternal realities?

The consumation of the new covenant begins here:

'this is my body, take and eat'

Peace be with you!

Reactions: Waiting on him

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what that is, but you and I had a conversation a while back where you said come to the wedding supper, and I told you I’m there. I ask this, does the supper come before or after the wedding?
Jhn 2:1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
Jhn 2:2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
Jhn 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
Jhn 2:4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
Jhn 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
Jhn 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
Jhn 2:7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
Jhn 2:8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
Jhn 2:9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
Jhn 2:10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Mat 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
Mat 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Mat 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
Mat 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Mat 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Mat 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Mat 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Mat 26:20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
Mat 26:21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
Mat 26:22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
Mat 26:23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
Mat 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Mat 26:25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.
Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 2:1 And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there:
Jhn 2:2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.
Jhn 2:3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
Jhn 2:4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
Jhn 2:5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.
Jhn 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece.
Jhn 2:7 Jesus saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
Jhn 2:8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it.
Jhn 2:9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom,
Jhn 2:10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

Mat 22:1 And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said,
Mat 22:2 The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
Mat 22:3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.
Mat 22:4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage.
Mat 22:5 But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
Mat 22:6 And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them.
Mat 22:7 But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
Mat 22:8 Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.
Mat 22:9 Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
Mat 22:10 So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Mat 26:20 Now when the even was come, he sat down with the twelve.
Mat 26:21 And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
Mat 26:22 And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?
Mat 26:23 And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
Mat 26:24 The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Mat 26:25 Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.
Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
Mat 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mat 26:29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

One thing oddly caught my attention.. the six water pots, never saw it before these were pots where Jews would wash their hands that’s interesting I’ve always heard church goers say they were wine pots, not the case at all.

by the way Jesus didn’t wash His hands.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing oddly caught my attention.. the six water pots, never saw it before these were pots where Jews would wash their hands that’s interesting I’ve always heard church goers say they were wine pots, not the case at all.

by the way Jesus didn’t wash His hands.
More than that.. brother..

Num 31:19 And do ye abide without the camp seven days: whosoever hath killed any person, and whosoever hath touched any slain, purify both yourselves and your captives on the third day, and on the seventh day.
Num 31:20 And purify all your raiment, and all that is made of skins, and all work of goats' hair, and all things made of wood.

Remember this is the governor of cana...

Mat 27:14 And he answered him to never a word; insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly.
Mat 27:2 And when they had bound him, they led him away, and delivered him to Pontius Pilate the governor.

consider:

Reactions: VictoryinJesus