The Calling of the 144,000

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

What do these two verses have in common? Both are talking about individuals which will "stand" with Christ at a time after Christ's advent.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
s
Well i certainly have no plans of flying over to jerusalem to stand on mount zion in the hope that I might be one of the daughters of zion and I doubt that the worlds population of christians would even fit on mount zion. Why would God put such an impossible requirement on Jesus diciples...how many christians can you fit on a plane lol....and what about poor christians who might not be able to afford the flight :blink:

no offence to you but I seriously doubt that this theology has any substance to it at all. The 144,000 are spoken of in revelation as standing with Jesus in heaven, yet you are using a the prophet Joel to say these ones are standing in jerusalem and on top of that they are all men of which the bible doesnt say if they are male or female. Also this says nothing of the faithful ancient ones of old such as Abraham, Abel, Noah, Sarah, King David etc...those people are not able to rise from their graves to head to mount zion so what hope is there for them?

And revelation speaks of a 'great crowd' of survivors as a separate group from the 144,000, so where do these ones fit in???

Something else too...

Luke 17:34-37
34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto Him, Where, Lord? And He said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.
(KJV)

Matt 24:26-28
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, "Behold, He is in the desert"; go not forth: behold, "He is in the secret chambers"; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
(KJV)

Those Scriptures reveal there's going to be a false one appear there in Judea prior to Christ's return, and the deceived will be saying Messiah has come, that He's in the desert, or in the secret chambers. Christ warns His servants to NOT BELIEVE IT, showing that will be a lie.

Our Lord Jesus showed in Luke 17 that specific deception is associated with the ones "taken". When Christ's disciples asked Him those taken would be to "Where, Lord?", it shows they understood their being 'taken' literally, and wanted to know exactly to where.

Our Lord's answer: "For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together."

A "carcase" means a DEAD BODY. The one taken in the field metaphor is actually about the deceived who will be taken by the Antichrist. The Biblical evidence is the direct opposite of those like Tim Lahaye who teach to fly away and be the first one taken in the field with a Pre-trib "secret rapture".

That's what standing on Mount Zion in Jerusalem prior to Christ's return will get ya. You'll be "taken" like those first ones in the field. To Christ? No, to the Antichrist.

So what Guy has really come here preaching looks like a masked Pre-Trib secret rapture doctrine, just another way to present it on the sly, and nothing more.

God's Word does not show evidence of a Pre-Trib secret rapture, and nor does Guy's idea that we need to go to Jerusalem during the tribulation and stand on Mount Zion to be saved. The Bible actually teaches the direct opposite of that kind of idea, i.e., for us to wait on Christ, get out of Judea if you're in it just prior to His return, and if you're in the countries outside Judea to not enter into Judea, stay away (Luke 21:21). THAT is Biblical evidence Christ Jesus will gather us, His servants, from wherever we may be at the time of His coming. It's not like we have to physically be at one docking point when the time comes.

Yet..., it DOES appear physical fleeing to Jerusalem PRIOR to Christ's return IS how one is TAKEN by the Antichrist! (As per those Scriptures above). Why? Because Mount Zion is going to be under control by Christ's number one enemy just prior to Christ's coming.