The Caricature of Mohamed ......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
.....will outrage many religious Moslems and have them calling for execution. 'Sacred Cows' will do that even in religious Christian circles.

The 'religious' spirit is identified by the willingness to do violence, whether it's physical, whether it's emotional or psychological.
The out-ing process testifies to its spirit, whether threatened or performed.

Reactions: Stan B

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a muslim co-worker, and He doesn't believe Jesus died and raised again. I also allow him to share with me the stories he hears from the sermons he listens to and I ask him questions about it. I have told him, how Jesus has paid for his sins, and resurrected but he believes some parts of the Bible are true, and some parts are not and have been added in later on. He believes really that Muhammed was the last prophet sent in having a revelation about God. It is a strange thing, however we respect each other in harmony of love as all of us individually are accountable to God when we pass on from this life. The only one who I know how to get to God from the Bible is through Yeshua the Messiah who came down from heaven, lived, died, was buried, and resurrected.

Reactions: amadeus

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe in mocking other's spiritual figures, even if I don't agree or accept their religion.

Just like I wouldn't like peopling making caricatures of the religious figures in my beliefs.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not believe in mocking other's spiritual figures, even if I don't agree or accept their religion.

Just like I wouldn't like peopling making caricatures of the religious figures in my beliefs.
Only fantasy is shaken by perceived insults because it has every reason to.
Truth is solid.....it can even laugh at itself and can see the humour and the tragedy in other peoples misunderstandings of it.....it doesn't take offence.

Remember Jesus' story of the two houses; one built on rock the other built on sand? Matthew 7:24-27

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only fantasy is shaken by perceived insults because it has every reason to.
Truth is solid.....it can even laugh at itself and can see the humour and the tragedy in other peoples misunderstandings of it.

Remember Jesus' story of the two houses; one built on rock the other built on sand?
I see nothing funny of making humor of religious figures whether they be ours or someone else’s religion.

But by reading your posts you seem to be full of supposed humor.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see nothing funny of making humor of religious figures whether they be ours or someone else’s religion.

I see 'funny' in much of the religious things people say; it tells me plenty about how they see and I have no problem when they express humour even mocking with what I put out.

Offence is taken at 'needling' when folk assume that what they think is sacrosanct. They have elevated themselves and their thinking as uncorrectable. Given the right circumstances and opportunity, they will kill......even while they talk about tolerance.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

The prophets did and they were inspired by the holy Spirit...
KJV 1 Kings 18:26-29
26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.

Reactions: Stan B

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophets did and they were inspired by the holy Spirit...
KJV 1 Kings 18:26-29
26 And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
27 And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
28 And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
29 And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
And this means what?

Moonstone Eterni

Mar 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.....will outrage many religious Moslems and have them calling for execution. 'Sacred Cows' will do that even in religious Christian circles.

The 'religious' spirit is identified by the willingness to do violence, whether it's physical, whether it's emotional or psychological.
The out-ing process testifies to its spirit, whether threatened or performed.

Wrong. Christians can get equally outraged when their religion is ridiculed. There is a very juvenile TV show here in the US called South Park, and they created an extremely sacrilegious episode depicting the Virgin Mary bleeding. Half a million Catholic bishops initiated a boycott to ban the blasphemous episode. Read all about it here: BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Catholics urge South Park boycott

Fortunately, the boycott was successful. Comedy Central no longer runs that South Park episode on TV.

I dislike comedians making a mockery out of my faith. In fact, it makes me feel intense anger. These idiots are hurting religious people’s feeling for shock content and ratings. Shame on them.

Since I believe in fairness, I likewise oppose comedians making fun of Islam and their prophet. No one should have their religion derided and laughed at: Christians, Jews, Muslims, and Hindus alike. Don’t joke about people’s faiths.