The Christian Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
My response was to someone who responded to YOUR comments about the Holy Spirit.

Does this forum have any rules about one derailing another’s thread? What you did has no obvious reason for you doing what you did other than derail the thread. Why can’t you just leave a thread alone if you don’t have anything to say about the subject?

I will report your post, and if they don’t have a rule maybe out of respect for others a rule will be instituted.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Does this forum have any rules about one derailing another’s thread? What you did has no obvious reason for you doing what you did other than derail the thread. Why can’t you just leave a thread alone if you don’t have anything to say about the subject? I will report your post, and if they don’t have a rule maybe out of respect for others a rule will be instituted.

I guess you need to report yourself then since you brought up the Holy Spirit.

You wrote:
"
You need to understand that the people back then did not have the Holy Spirit to teach him or her."

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

I guess you need to report yourself then since you brought up the Holy Spirit.

You wrote:
"
You need to understand that the people back then did not have the Holy Spirit to teach him or her."

Why then did you not address my post?

You should know that people were not given the indwelling of the Holy Spirit until Pentecost. That does not mean the Holy Spirit did not, at times guide some people. Scripture says John the Baptist was filled with the Holy Spirit, but notice what else Jesus said about John.

(Matthew 11:11) “I tell you solemnly, of all the children born of women, a greater than John the Baptist has never been seen; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he is.”

Those who have the indwelling of God are greater then any one in the Old Testament. People before Jesus were not temples of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Why then did you not address my post?
Do I really need to explain? Ok I will just for you. Truthquest said it quite nicely and thus my comment " I was going to make the same point. Good job." Does that now meet your approval?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Do I really need to explain? Ok I will just for you. Truthquest said it quite nicely and thus my comment " I was going to make the same point. Good job." Does that now meet your approval?

As you now should be able to see, truth’s understanding had nothing to do with this thread.

You obviously misunderstood what I posted.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Good morning dear brothers...

You obviously misunderstood what I posted.

Misunderstanding ones post does not qualify as a deliberate derailment...

Thank you for being courteous to one another in the love of Jesus and have a nice day!

Angelina
Moderating team

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Do you think that the author of this thread has been thrash out enough, and now we can discuss the thread?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Which Scripture are you referring to?

(Luke 1:14-15) “And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth, for he will be great in the sight of (the) Lord. He will drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother's womb”

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The Christian Church is a Church that is led by Jesus/Holy Spirit. All people who have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit make up the Christian Church. Jesus will put his laws into their minds, and they will not need anyone to teach them.

Christians are all those people whom God knows, and who know God. These are the people who make up the Christian Church.

One cannot come to know God unless the Holy Spirit/Jesus teaches and guides him or her.

Jesus said he would call his own out by name, and then lead and guide them.

A Christian does not deliberately commit sin.

A Christian is not of the world.

A Christian does not kill. A Christian conquers evil with love.

Simplistic, naive and just plain phoney.

This is cute and you could probably put it in a greeting card to sell to kids in kindergarten, but it doesn't wash with adults.

What is your purpose is publishing this fanciful trash, anyway?
How about a REAL list of what Christians do and do not?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

This is cute and you could probably put it in a greeting card to sell to kids in kindergarten, but it doesn't wash with adults.

Yes Jesus did say we would know one of his by how they loved one another.

Jesus also said:

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnt how it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance.”

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

(Matthew 5:48) “ Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

(Luke 14:33) “So in the same way, none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up all his possessions.”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
(Matthew 11:11) “I tell you solemnly, of all the children born of women, a greater than John the Baptist has never been seen; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he is.”

That does not say that John was greater.
Those who have the indwelling of God are greater then any one in the Old Testament. People before Jesus were not temples of God.

Are you saying that you are greater than Moses?

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

That does not say that John was greater.
[/b]
Are you saying that you are greater than Moses? [/b]

I did not say that Jesus said that. So yes the least in the Kingdom of Heaven is greater then Moses.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Personally I think that everyone who thinks he is great will be left out of God's Kingdom. Pride is a grievous sin.

Mark 7:21-23 (ESV)
[sup]21 [/sup]For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, [sup]22 [/sup]coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. [sup]23 [/sup]All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
Personally I think that everyone who thinks he is great will be left out of God's Kingdom. Pride is a grievous sin.

Mark 7:21-23 (ESV)
[sup]21 [/sup]For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, [sup]22 [/sup]coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. [sup]23 [/sup]All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.

All honor and glory belongs to Jesus, not to any one else.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Let's at least try to act like adults and stop with the childish and hateful remarks.