The Christian Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Christian has no life of their own, Gal. 2:20. The only life they have is the life of another. It's the same way in the world, they have no life of their own. We have always been dependent on a nature to live out who we are or at least who we thought we were. We are qucik to call ourselves sinners saved by grace, that is true, but the trick is we were not the original sinner, Satan was according to scripture. So we were partakers of the sin nature. A new nature is what a believing sinner recieves at the new birth. Life, nature, spirit, Christ, so on, are all synonymous terms. That is the completion of the cross. Old man out new man in the moment you believe, and most spend a life time getting their mind to catch up with the facts.

‘So true;

The life we now live in the flesh, we live by trusting in the Son of God who died that we might be born again to a living hope.

That we might come to know, by experience what this great and awesome salvation we have in Christ consists of, which is;

“Christ in us, our hope of glory”

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply by living Christ, which is not that simple of an answer but it is the answer. We are never admonished to live a good life, but we are admonished to allow the mind of Christ to be in us. What comes out of that you can put words to it, I have my words. It's not a good life, it's the Christ life as your life. If it is lifestyle you are looking, it will always come from your understanding.
No, we are never admonished to live a "good life", but the result for doing what God desires of us is becoming like Him. He is Good and when and if we really are like Him, then "good" would not be a wrong description, would it?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I did the same as @Not me and searched for the prose in the scriptures and did not see it. "meekness" seemed to fit and the definition you have provided of suitable or worthy fits the understanding of being "meek" in God.

Without citation as to the prose's source, it really became a head scratcher for me and so I posted the above as it made more sense.

Sorry

Shalom.
Similar idea as in the KJV rendering of Colossians 1.12 (my emphasis): "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light".

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Similar idea as in the KJV rendering of Colossians 1.12 (my emphasis): "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light".

The Greek Root G:2427 is found twice embedded in two Greek words, and the definition understandings are: -

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
make able.

From hikanos; to enable, i.e. Qualify -- make able (meet).

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 2427: ἱκανόω
ἱκανόω, ἱκανῷ: 1 aorist ἱκανωσα; (ἱκανός); to make sufficient, render fit; with two accusatives, one of the objects, the other of the predicate: to equip one with adequate power to perform the duties of one, 2 Corinthians 3:6; τινα εἰς τί, Colossians 1:12.

The KJV paraphrase above could also be rendered as: - "Giving thanks unto the Father, Who has meet/enabled us, to be partakers/share in the inheritance of the saints in the light."

In 2 cor.3:6, G:2427 it is rendered as: - who also made us sufficient/enable us as ministers of the new/refurbished covenant,

The point in both passages is that as we meet God He enables us to a. Share in the inheritance of the whole earth because we meet with Him in meekness and worship of Him such that we are able to inherit and b. God also enables us to be ministers of the refurbished Gospel message which all can partake in.

My sense is that either paraphrased understanding is not out of order. The difference is the words chosen to express the concepts.

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Greek Root G:2427 is found twice embedded in two Greek words, and the definition understandings are: -

The KJV paraphrase above could also be rendered as: - "Giving thanks unto the Father, Who has meet/enabled us, to be partakers/share in the inheritance of the saints in the light."

In 2 cor.3:6, G:2427 it is rendered as: - who also made us sufficient/enable us as ministers of the new/refurbished covenant,

The point in both passages is that as we meet God He enables us to a. Share in the inheritance of the whole earth because we meet with Him in meekness and worship of Him such that we are able to inherit and b. God also enables us to be ministers of the refurbished Gospel message which all can partake in.

My sense is that either paraphrased understanding is not out of order. The difference is the words chosen to express the concepts.

Thanks gentlemen for the insight and understanding. May God bless your efforts and fill you with Himself, in a new and awesome way.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever seen a Christian try to live a Christian life. Most if they are honest will tell you they have a hard to doing it. Some seem to master life in some form of religion or another. They are good givers, and they pray and read their bible regularly, they don't miss many services. To be commended, but that is not what makes a Christian. Cut them off on the freeway and they fit right back in with the rest of us in Christianity. Just normal human beings trying to be a good Christian.

We spend alot of time trying to change, trying to meet what seems to be the requirements of Christianity according to someone. We here messages on all media outlets week end and week out on how we should live. They even tell you how you to prosper as a Christian, nothing goes with out mentioning when lifstyle is involved.

The problem with being a good anything is it was never God's plan. He did plan for you to live an exchanged life, a life that comes from the cross of Calvary. He did plan for the life of another to be your life, and that life expressed as your creation. What is an exchanged life, an exchanged life is what happened on the cross. The moment Christ died, you died, all in Adam dead as Christ.

So you correcting your old life is foolishness, your old life is dead, gone and buried never to be resurrected. Oh but wait; there was a resurrection, and the moment you believed, you were tied to and connected to that resurrection. When Christ died, you died, when Christ was buried, you were buried, and when Christ was resurrected, you were resurrected. Granted mind renewal has to happen, but regardless you have no previous life in Christ, you have one life and that life is Christ.

If God wanted you to clean up your old life He would have given you 10 commandments and said obey these and live, sound familiar. The sooner a Christian can see they have no life of their own, the sooner they can move on in God. It really is just the starting place, and everything you read in your bible now becomes possible. Everything will finally fit and make since, you begin to walk in the newness of life as your Father that birthed you intended you to live.
No matter how hard we try to live a Christian life we can never make it on our own. We have to let the Holy Spirit live in us. We can't make ourselves holy or righteous only God can make the necessary changes in us. We don't have to strive we just need to let go and let God; we just need to rest in Him and abide in the vine. There's a saying, 'A leopard can't change its spots.' And it's true, it can't and neither can we. It is only something God can do as we are transformed by the renewing of our minds.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No matter how hard we try to live a Christian life we can never make it on our own. We have to let the Holy Spirit live in us. We can't make ourselves holy or righteous only God can make the necessary changes in us. We don't have to strive we just need to let go and let God; we just need to rest in Him and abide in the vine. There's a saying, 'A leopard can't change its spots.' And it's true, it can't and neither can we. It is only something God can do as we are transformed by the renewing of our minds.

There is much truth to this. But if we skip a step, the step of going to the cross of Christ, we will be renewing a mind into a religious way of thinking...like taking verses and spiritualizing them into our lives.

So instead of saying we are having a good day...we say blessed.

And there's nothing wrong with that either as long as we don't get deceived into thinking that the walk described by Paul as being "in the Spirit" is simply being positive in our outlook of life while yet still operating in our own strength.

The Christian life is a resurrection life. To experience life on that level one must die in Christ. A real separation of ourselves from our own powers. If we want to walk in that life we need to always be dead....and not take up our old lives and ways. We need to let things go so that Jesus takes over in us. No longer I, but Christ.

From that place of non-power over ourselves we need to be renewed in our way of thinking. To NOT trust ourselves and our opinions...to not speak our own words or do our own actions. But to be surrendered to God so that it is His Spirit ALWAYS operating in us.

Of course there is a walk, where most of the faithful in Jesus walk, and that is in the power of the flesh with periodic infusions of grace as we are led by the Spirit...from a distance. There's a certain comfort in that...that we are not so far away from the Lord that we can still hear His voice from time to time.

Most believers follow Jesus the way the great multitudes followed Him. Only a few were His companions...His friends.

If we claim this friendship with Him while yet walking from a great distance from Him...He will expose us as liars. We are not to trifle with God.

So there is a great danger in getting our wires crossed concerning the level of walk that we are called to and that we claim to be walking in. The fear of the Lord is advised.