The church at a crossroads....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we are instructed to lay the axe to the root of the tree, declare the old man dead, for it is this that actually truly begins the process of sanctification within us.
So then in your mind we sanctify ourselves?

My reading of Scripture is that we perform the work that God does, just like it was with Jesus.

This is the difference in katergadzomai and ergon, Work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works within you . . .

I believe the process of sanctification is in fact purely descriptive of our experience of our lives. Being reborn we are righteous and new, pleasing to God.

I would discribe what we do in process as "the renewing of our minds", which is to learn to continually reckon the old man dead, and we alive from among the dead ones.

We have been taught sanctification is our growing from old nature to new nature. But this is incorrect.

Yes, that would have been poor teaching if someone were telling you that.

I believe that we either walk in the Spirit, or as if we were still the flesh, having forgotten that we've been cleansed of our former sins.

I don't see in Scritpure that the flesh is ever improved, only eventually done away with in our death or transformation to glory.

We are new creations, and need to learn to think of ourselves as the ones who are alive in a world of dead people. We seem very much on the same page on that, which is good.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet, (here comes the broad brush) most think "we have need of nothing".
Yes, it is a broud brush, neither accurate nor useful.

Don't you find it rather presumptive should I tell you, Actually, I know what you are thinking!?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am simply sharing what God has asked me to share. Some will receive it now, some later, some will never open their ears to hear. I cannot make any receive what I share about our great need to put on our new nature by faith. I can simply continue to share, and pray for people to see the walk God has for each one of us.

I simply compare to God's Word.

Let the one who has a dream or a vision share it, and let the one who has God's Word share that. What is the chaff to the grain?

Much love!

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One day a certain assembly somewhere, a church, a fellowship will catch on.
This is not a job for an individual, God is nearing the end with one man bands and one woman bands, lone rangers in white suits.

This is a work for the body of Christ, "we are a fellowship of believers" [they will say] "we's the body of Christ." God is ready to impart to US gifts of healing, miracles, prophecy etc so that we as a body can BE Christ to the people around, healing them, saving them.

No more damning them to hellandgone no more waving the fist or pointing the finger.

God can do it.

Reactions: Pearl