The church at a crossroads....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been sharing for the last several years that we as His own, each one of us individually, would be entering the valley of decision. A choice will be presented to us. And what exactly is that choice?

Us, or Him in us.

You see, we have been bought with a price. We are not our own. We are His possession. Yet, ever since the last drops of Heaven's early rain fell after the death of Paul, wolves that have crept into our midst have brought with them the mindset that we can be redeemed and still be our own boss. Well, the wolves are wrong.

The Bible is clear.

"Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

Romans 12:1-2

We are told by Paul in Romans 12:1 that God's will for us.... no, more than that.... His expectation for us is that we present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto Him and that God sees that as our reasonable service. This standard is not for the 'spiritual' ones, or for pastors only. It is for everyone. It is for me. It is for you.

He counsels us to not be conformed to this world, but rather to be transformed by the Spirit within us into the image of His Son. And yet, if we are honest, most of us will admit we are failing to live up to that expectation. The question on our lips must be 'Why"

Why was this such a common mindset in the early church and yet is now seen as not only optional but actually as radical and more than that, really impossible for us today? Why do we read that and think it is legalism? Why? The wolves have done a good job.

But guys, there is an answer and at the crossroads we now find ourselves in, with everything being shaken in our lives, God is using those shakings to awaken us to the answer we so desperately need.

But something must first happen. We must escape the mentality that we have need of nothing, that somehow, God sees us as perfect, so why sweat it? Bottom line, we must come to the point we HATE our self life. HATE our willful sin. HATE our lack of fruit. Nothing else will do.

More shakings are coming. Like birth pangs, they will increase in intensity. Their purpose is not to destroy us, but rather, to shake us awake to who we are. Spiritual armor has been given to us that allows us to weather the most ferocious temptations satan can throw at us and do it with joy. But spiritual armor does us no good until we put it on.

God wants to make us overcomers, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil. But that will not happen until we refuse to remain content to live out our lives as OUR lives, forgiven but defeated, healed but only slightly.

Romans 7 is not our birthright. But until we long to be delivered from sin and self-love, even as Paul did, we will continue to be shaken until we awake to what God has for us... new natures.

Oh, we have them, but they must be put on. And therein lies the problem. We cannot put them on til we put off our old ones, and that cannot happen until we hate failing our God with our double mindedness, our carnality, our secret sins and our worldliness.

Our God is awakening His own and will pour out His Spirit upon us. The latter rain approaches. Our God will not leave us tossed to and fro as the earth enters its death spiral. As He has promised, God is going to do a work in our day that if our eyes did not see it, we would not believe it.

But first, we must hunger for it. Desperation is the soil where the seeds of faith will germinate. So.... how desperate are we?

blessings,

Gideon

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Gideon, Amen! You have correctly outlined the will of God for all of us, who are "born again" of His Spirit, aka NEW creatures.

Eph.4
[22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Col.3[8] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Unfortunately, many have gone about the wrong way of doing.
In fact, its not about us doing anything of that nature of "putting off", but rather, as you quoted: presenting ourselves (bodies) to God, as a living holy sacrifice, to be used for His purposes.

Its not about our form of righteous deeds that we do through our flesh, but rather what WE ALLOW of Him to perform His Righteousness in and through us.

So then, the answer of how we are to correctly put off the old man and its deeds, is found in:
Rom.12[2] And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Tit.3[5] Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Which brings us back to what you originally quoted:
Rom.12[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy*, acceptable* unto God, which is your reasonable service.

*Note: if we are born again of His Spirit, we already are made to be "holy" (set apart) for His use, through faith in His shed Blood for us.
Apart from that, nothing else will make us holy unto God the Father.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet, if we are honest, most of us will admit we are failing to live up to that expectation. The question on our lips must be 'Why"
Well...lots of reasons.

People promote "body art" and recreational marijuana and vaping...

Bodies that aren't pure anymore...some people make it a life's work... maybe some on this forum. As if what God gave us isn't enough.

Reactions: Brakelite

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...lots of reasons.

People promote "body art" and recreational marijuana and vaping...

Bodies that aren't pure anymore...some people make it a life's work... maybe some on this forum. As if what God gave us isn't enough.
It is not what goes into the body (including ink) that defiles us. It is what comes out of us.

Old natures cannot do new natured things. And in order for us to do new natured things, in order for us to overcome the temptations of the enemy, it is not enough for us to be given new natures. We must, by an act of faith, fueled by a desperation to be freed from the actions of the 'old us', reckon that we are no longer that old man.

It is this reckoning that we have missed. And this is why, after Paul's death, the church by and large has lost the anointing that would allow the saints to walk in victory. We have believed we are forgiven, but have never moved into becoming victorious overcomers.

All that is about to change. The shakings we are enduring right now are not intended to fill us with fear, but to drive us to our knees, crying out as Paul did for Jesus, our deliverer, to deliver us from the power of our old natures.

And when that happens, and it will for every single sheep, we will be amazed at how deep, how powerful, how wonderful the grace of God truly is. It will not matter how weak we have been. It will not matter what sins have prevented us from walking holy before the Lord. From the least to the greatest, all will walk in victory.

Yes, we will have tribulation. Yes, we will suffer persecution. But in the midst of it all, we will shine with the presence of Jesus, and the final harvest will begin. The joy of the Lord will be our strength and no matter what satan throws at us, we will be able to resist him, steadfast in the faith, and joyfully watch satan flee from us.

Are we ready to admit we need such a walk? Do our hearts hunger for the place of abiding where we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh, where we cry out to our God and immediately, He responds "Here I am."?

That, brothers and sisters, is our birthright. Let us give God no rest until He makes us shine with His presence, and fully able to testify to those in the world that He has set us free indeed, just as He promised, and that if He did it for us, He will most certainly do it for any who love the light and call for Him to deliver them as well.

blessings,

Gids

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And yet, if we are honest, most of us will admit we are failing to live up to that expectation. The question on our lips must be 'Why"

We are a 'work in progress' God is still working on us and in us. It takes time from being born again to becoming mature Christians. And even when we are mature there is still much to learn.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let no man mark what belongs to God . JESUS spoke of foods and drink . Not of ink .
Keep thy body pure as well . He who steals let him steal no more .
He who already has tattoes , JUST LET HIM TATTOE himself NO MORE .
Just remember that .

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as we believe we are still just sinners saved by grace and not delivered by grace as well, we are trying to put new wine in old wineskins. We are never told to stop bearing bad fruit. The truth is, we cannot.

No, guys. We are told to lay the axe to the root of the tree itself.... by faith. By reckoning that we are no longer old natured people, that satan has no authority over us. By believing that sin no longer has authority over us. We are told to make our tree new, for when we do, good fruit begins to grow not by our effort but simply from our abiding in the vine.

Can our salvation be that wonderful? Is it truly possible in this life to walk in real victory? Oh, yes, it most certainly is, and our eyes are about to be opened to the sureness of His promises. He has promised to cause us to walk in obedience. Not by overriding our free will, but by capturing itand lovingly bending it into His will for us instead. This, guys is real Christianity, my friends, nothing less. And we are even now being awakened to the fullness of grace that will bring it about in our lives.

blessings,

Gideon

Reactions: Truman

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let no man mark what belongs to God . JESUS spoke of foods and drink . Not of ink .
Keep thy body pure as well . He who steals let him steal no more .
He who already has tattoes , JUST LET HIM TATTOE himself NO MORE .
Just remember that .
Our straining at gnats will not bring about the revival we so desperately need. Far better to get rid of the camels of unbelief inside us. If not, we are simply going back to do's and don'ts, which may have the appearance of good intentions, but have no power to change us into His image nor setvus free indeed.

blessings,

Gideon

Reactions: Truman and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As long as we believe we are still just sinners saved by grace and not delivered by grace as well, we are trying to put new wine in old wineskins. We are never told to stop bearing bad fruit. The truth is, we cannot.

No, guys. We are told to lay the axe to the root of the tree itself.... by faith. By reckoning that we are no longer old natured people, that satan has no authority over us. By believing that sin no longer has authority over us. We are told to make our tree new, for when we do, good fruit begins to grow not by our effort but simply from our abiding in the vine.

Can our salvation be that wonderful? Is it truly possible in this life to walk in real victory? Oh, yes, it most certainly is, and our eyes are about to be opened to the sureness of His promises. He has promised to cause us to walk in obedience. Not by overriding our free will, but by capturing itand lovingly bending it into His will for us instead. This, guys is real Christianity, my friends, nothing less. And we are even now being awakened to the fullness of grace that will bring it about in our lives.

blessings,

Gideon
@Gideons300

1 Corinthians 15.57-58: :)

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are a 'work in progress' God is still working on us and in us. It takes time from being born again to becoming mature Christians. And even when we are mature there is still much to learn.
Can you explain how the early church turned the world upside down in one generation, while many among us have served the Lord for decades, and still find maturity elusive? Most have been taught that in this life, holiness is a "goal" none of us can truly hit, because unbelief has gripped our hearts as we limit the Holy One of Israel. God has promised to not just forgive us, but to deliver us as well from the power of darkness, has He not? Are we not promised that our ahields of faith will, if raised, quench ALL the fiery arrows of the enemy?

If we still are found living in Romans 7, and are found content there, danger abounds and we need to be awakened to the truth that God will indeed cause us both to will AND to do of His good pleasure.

May God open our eyes to His promises to free us from US, our old carnal nature, so that our lives can testify to the world that He truly is the God who can save His own to the uttermost.

blessings, Pearl

Gids

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Can you explain how the early church turned the world upside down in one generation, while many among us have served the Lord for decades, and still find maturity elusive? Holiness for us is a "goal" none can truly hit, because unbelief has gripped our hearts as we limit the Holy One of Israel. God has promised to not just forgive us, but to deliver us as well from the power of darkness.

If we still are found living in Romans 7, and are found content there, danger abounds. May God open our eyes to His promises to free us from US so that our lives can testify to the world that He truly is the God who can save His own to the uttermost.

blessings, Pearl

Gids
@Gideons300 Romans 8 follows gloriously on from Romans 7. :)

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was specifically given that verse when I was healed. I know he is still working in me and will never give up.
What we need to understand is that this is not a blanket promise we can take to the bank, no matter whether or not our eyes are fixed on Him. Remember, to te Corinthians Paul said he stood in doubt of them, and feared he would have to labor again till Christ be formed in them.

It is only when we put off our old natures, giving satan no avenue to successfully attack, that we find the assurance of our unwavering singleness of eye. Why? Because it is the new nature He asks us to put on by faith that He causes to obey Him.

blessings,

Gideon

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Gideons300 Romans 8 follows gloriously on from Romans 7. :)
Indeed it does! And what is it that allows that deliverance? Is it not our death? Do we not see? Even if we died with Christ, even if we were raised to newness of life, the rule of faith applies to us.

".... but it did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."

blessings,

Gideon

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Indeed it does! And what is it that allows that deliverance? Is it not our death? Do we not see? Even if we died with Christ, even if we were raised to newness of life, the rule of faith applies to us.

".... but it did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it."

blessings,

Gideon
@Gideons300 Romans 8 is so searching, so assuring, so triumphant! :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
KJV Revelation 3:15-19
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

My only hope is to die. I can't do it myself. I can't bury myself. And I can't raise myself from the dead. Just like in baptism I need others to lay me down and raise me... Praise God I am dead in Christ and in Him I have a new life. That is my hope for without Him I am nothing...I can do nothing. Calvary. Jesus. The Lamb slain. The blood. There is my hope. There is my salvation. So long as I trust in that, God will make my life something He can approve of. Accept. Receive as His own creation. His work. His life. His righteousness. His glory. The image of His Son.
"What else can the Lord of the vineyard do that He hasn't already done"?