The Commitments of Men to Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;24243)
Yeah AND i GUESS Jesus was Baptised as a BABY? Eucharist was in the morning, WHEN SUPPER is at night when he broke the Bread?!
Sorry, but I have no clue what you are talking about here.

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(Pariah;24261)
goldy, As with anyone or any church, you are responsible for taking it to the Lord in prayer for guidance and confirmation as well as discernment and wisdom in applying the scriptures as well as understanding His Words. If you have a personal relationship with the Lord where you can call God, Father, then just listening to me would be just as wrong as just listening to your Church. No one is to be between you and Him. I'm just trying to point you to go past the Church, past the priest, past Mary, and straight to Jesus Christ. As much as the Church claims they are bringing people to Christ, they are putting alot of means and steps to get there as if invitations were given by Jesus to go there first instead of straight to Himself. Scriptures testifies of Jesus. The Holy Spirit testifies of Jesus. By the grace of God, I testify of Jesus. But the Roman Catholic Church testifies of itself and the means therein obtainable only through the Church thus bears false witness.So like... a church can go astray... that is why Jesus warned of false prophets. To think the Church is untouchable, you would have read of it in Revelation in the letters to the seven churches, but no. There is no "THE CHURCH". And all the instructions written was in regards to their relationship to the Lord. Thus a church can go astray.. just as well as a believer can go astray. A church can become corrupted as well as a believer can. So where does the Light comes from in exposing the works of darkness? Jesus Christ. He has to do it and by the scriptures IF you take a step back and ask Him to show you why He wants you to leave. That is a personal relationship in progress when you relate to Jesus DIRECTLY so He would not say.. I knew ye not... because you were too busy climbing up another way... thus a worker of iniquity. If we agree that Jesus shall judge, I would think you would heed His sayings and not the Church that Jesus will judge also.The catechism pretty much confirms it. As far as the challenge go, I am familiar with Catholics double talk for the sake of ecumenicalism. The fact that the Roman Catholic Church has an accord of peace and understanding with other religions' of the world in that it doesn't bother you in the slightest that scriptures are not the guide in the RCC.2 Corinthians 6: 14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? 16And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you. 18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.Repent, goldy. Leave the RCC. Have that personal relationship with Jesus based on trust in Him being the Saviour and in Him as the Good Shepherd in helping you live as His by faith alone... for then you will know that the good works you do is because of Him by the grace of God and not for salvation. If for salvation, then you don't know Him yet nor trust Him as Your Saviour. You just believe in Him, but labour in unbelief.
Sorry I didn't get to respond to this earlier. I took a day off yesterday. Anyhoo Pariah, what if I believe the RCC is bringing me CLOSER TO CHRIST? Since I've learned more about the RCC over the past few years and come back to the sacraments, rosary, etc., I'm infinitely closer to Christ than I ever was before. Can you explain that to me? After all, according to your logic, the RCC should be taking me AWAY from Christ, right? Pariah, I do feel like you're sincerely concerned for my salvation. I thank you for that. Nothing worth having comes easy..........NOTHING!! Especially salvation. The RCC calls me to set out into the deep, to pick up my cross, and to give it all to Christ everyday. To be a true follower of Christ, you can't be a sissy. I truly believe Protestantism is spirituality for sissies. Their theory basically is: Hey, just believe!! We have services where we jump and down, talk in tongues, play rock music for the kids at service, etc. It's all about this feel-good, cushy hogwash. Sorry, not for me. The RCC is my spiritual North Star. Do you know what's significant about the North Star? It's the most still. Amidst our pro-death, secular culture, the RCC never moves. It never gives into to the modernist, hedonist society we live in today. Why, because we have the promise of Christ that he made to Peter: "The gates of hell shall never prevail against it". Thank you once again for affirming me in my faith.

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi goldy,
....what if I believe the RCC is bringing me CLOSER TO CHRIST? Since I've learned more about the RCC over the past few years and come back to the sacraments, rosary, etc., I'm infinitely closer to Christ than I ever was before. Can you explain that to me? After all, according to your logic, the RCC should be taking me AWAY from Christ, right?
But Jesus gave you invitations to come directly to Him.All you are admitting to "knowing" is the RCC. That is not getting closer to Jesus. Knowing the sacraments and the rosary is getting "closer" to the RCC, not Jesus.Not sure how I can explain that any other way, but that is how I see you in your relationship with God... and it is with a thief that has placed itself between you and Jesus. You want to get to know Jesus? Learn of Him through the scriptures.Matthew 11: 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. That is how you get "closer" to God... by learning of Him.But if you did this below, you are in one respect as close as you are ever going to be to God.Romans 10: 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. This is how you receive the Spirit as promised simply by believing on Jesus.Ephesians 1: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,Galatians 3: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.Hebrews 11: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. So how can we finish His work in us by the flesh? Wouldn't catholicism be the same as circumcision since works for salvation are not of grace?Galatians 3: 1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. Romans 11: 5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Thus catholicism is nothing more but labouring in unbelief.Hebrews 4: 1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world..... 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. 12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.So, brother... are you going to stop labouring in unbelief and take Jesus at His Word?May the Lord help you to repent.

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(Pariah;25143)
Hi goldy, But Jesus gave you invitations to come directly to Him.All you are admitting to "knowing" is the RCC. That is not getting closer to Jesus. Knowing the sacraments and the rosary is getting "closer" to the RCC, not Jesus.Not sure how I can explain that any other way, but that is how I see you in your relationship with God... and it is with a thief that has placed itself between you and Jesus. You want to get to know Jesus? Learn of Him through the scriptures.Matthew 11: 28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. That is how you get "closer" to God... by learning of Him.But if you did this below, you are in one respect as close as you are ever going to be to God.Romans 10: 8But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. This is how you receive the Spirit as promised simply by believing on Jesus.Ephesians 1: 12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,Galatians 3: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.Hebrews 11: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith....6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. So how can we finish His work in us by the flesh? Wouldn't catholicism be the same as circumcision since works for salvation are not of grace?Galatians 3: 1O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 2This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh? 4Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain. 5He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. Romans 11: 5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. Thus catholicism is nothing more but labouring in unbelief.Hebrews 4: 1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world..... 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. 11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. 12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.So, brother... are you going to stop labouring in unbelief and take Jesus at His Word?May the Lord help you to repent.
1. How do you know that I'm not closer to Christ? Are you making yourself God by trying to know how to read my heart and saying that I'm only getting closer to the RCC? If so, please repent Pariah.2. Funny thing Pariah. My wife and I read from the bible every night. Did you know that the Catholic Church has three scripture readings everyday and four on Sundays and holy days? What a beautiful thing: On any given Sunday, I can walk into a Catholic Church anywhere in the world, and the exact same readings and order of the Mass are taking place. This means that, other than the language, the exact same thing is happening at every Catholic Mass ON THIS PLANET!! Is there this much unity in any other church?3. Repent Pariah. Stop rejecting the Church that Jesus established and built on the rock of Peter. Come home to the Catholic Church

Nov 8, 2007
For My Born AGAIN brothers, if you cannot make him change to the truth. If you have presented him Truth three times, then don't bother. Just pray for him. SALVATION IN YESHUA HAMASHIACH!

goldy

Nov 6, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;25154)
For My Born AGAIN brothers, if you cannot make him change to the truth. If you have presented him Truth three times, then don't bother. Just pray for him. SALVATION IN YESHUA HAMASHIACH!
Could you just say Jesus? Just to humor me? And I've presented truth countless times. Thanks for praying for me......I'll also pray for you.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(goldy;25156)
(Unorthodox Christian;25154)
Could you just say Jesus? Just to humor me? And I've presented truth countless times. Thanks for praying for me......I'll also pray for you.Since when have you presented Truth? The doctrine you've presented, is deceiving. Not good.Jag

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
Hi Unorthodox Christian!!!Thanks for the reminder!I shall send another prayer again for goldy today.. right now in fact... and for his wife as well.Thanks, brother! :grouphug: